GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline

+5
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
The Montagoose
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:Turco to Chicago? I'd rather stick with their current tandem. Turco is broken down and the Hawks are winning, so why mess with that?

Kovalchuk to the Hawks is pretty well a Stanley Cup imo. They could easily match the Caps offensively and their d-corps is superior by a good margin.

I agree. Personally, I don't have a problem with Chicago's goaltending but all the "experts" seem to.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

The goal by Regin last week got me agreeing with the "experts"

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:The goal by Regin last week got me agreeing with the "experts"

Speaking of experts, the "Inside Man" says Kariya will be a Senator. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 484884

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Speaking of experts, the "Inside Man" says Kariya will be a Senator. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 484884

How though? I thought so too, but I don't see how.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Are we still looking at the Inside weiner's site? I could fart and hear a better trade rumour from the sound it makes.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Are we still looking at the Inside weiner's site? I could fart and hear a better trade rumour from the sound it makes.

Plus, farting is funny.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So Kariya for Cheechoo and Kuba (waiving his NTC) eh...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:So Kariya for Cheechoo and Kuba (waiving his NTC) eh...

Cheechoo will be an asset in the playoffs. And he hasn't been a liability during the regular season either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cheechoo will be an asset in the playoffs. And he hasn't been a liability during the regular season either.

He's been good actually the last 5. Last night was a nice game from him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He's been good actually the last 5. Last night was a nice game from him.

Besides, we need to be realistic. Nobody wants Cheechoo, there's no use hoping he'll be dealt unless it's an even money/problem-for-a-problem deal and aside from the contract, he isn't even a problem.

Chances are we'd be digging a deeper hole by moving him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Besides, we need to be realistic. Nobody wants Cheechoo, there's no use hoping he'll be dealt unless it's an even money/problem-for-a-problem deal and aside from the contract, he isn't even a problem.

Yeah, I'd hate to get another 'problem' contract and have the player be detrimental to the team. While I'm not fond of Cheechoo's contributions, he seems to really care and really try, so perhaps we keep things status quo?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, I'd hate to get another 'problem' contract and have the player be detrimental to the team. While I'm not fond of Cheechoo's contributions, he seems to really care and really try, so perhaps we keep things status quo?

Also he keeps those Goalie net painters in business with all his post and cross bar shots. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Also he keeps those Goalie net painters in business with all his post and cross bar shots. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 159628

A buy-out this summer is the most logical thing to do...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was just reading Spector's Hockey rumours and according to him no one is getting traded for anyone and everybody who thinks anyone is being traded is either full of Dung or braindead.

For example, in response to Gainey's presence at a Leafs/Kings game and the speculation that he may be interested in a Leafs player:

Don't read too much into Gainey's presence at that game as he could be scouting the Kings, whom the Habs will face in about six weeks.

Six weeks! Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 270956 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 62136

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was just reading Spector's Hockey rumours and according to him no one is getting traded for anyone and everybody who thinks anyone is being traded is either full of Dung or braindead.

For example, in response to Gainey's presence at a Leafs/Kings game and the speculation that he may be interested in a Leafs player:

Don't read too much into Gainey's presence at that game as he could be scouting the Kings, whom the Habs will face in about six weeks.

Six weeks! Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 270956 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 62136

I'm telling you Spector is full of hot air.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was just reading Spector's Hockey rumours and according to him no one is getting traded for anyone and everybody who thinks anyone is being traded is either full of Dung or braindead.

I'm telling you Spector is full of hot air.

Agreed. Who thinks the real trade deadline will be closer to the start of the Olympic trade freeze?

The deadline occurs only 2 days after the gold medal game. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 235689 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 805406

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Agreed. Who thinks the real trade deadline will be closer to the start of the Olympic trade freeze?

The deadline occurs only 2 days after the gold medal game. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 235689 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 2 805406

Agreed. The deadline is in FULL swing by Feb.10th IMO - especially where it pertains to a big money player like Kovalchuk. I doubt Waddell will want to wait until the 11th hour like with Hossa.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

1) Ilya Kovalchuk - LA Kings

2)Ray Whitney - Ottawa

3) Peter Mueller - Calgary

4) Matt Stajan - Atlanta

5) Alexei Ponikarovsky - Columbus

6) Matt Cullen - Chicago

7) Lubomir Visnovsky - Boston

8) Sheldon Souray - Anaheim