GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline

+5
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
The Montagoose
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was just reading Spector's Hockey rumours and according to him no one is getting traded for anyone and everybody who thinks anyone is being traded is either full of Dung or braindead.

For example, in response to Gainey's presence at a Leafs/Kings game and the speculation that he may be interested in a Leafs player:

Don't read too much into Gainey's presence at that game as he could be scouting the Kings, whom the Habs will face in about six weeks.

Six weeks! Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 270956 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 62136

I'm telling you Spector is full of hot air.

Agreed. Who thinks the real trade deadline will be closer to the start of the Olympic trade freeze?

The deadline occurs only 2 days after the gold medal game. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 235689 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 805406

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Agreed. Who thinks the real trade deadline will be closer to the start of the Olympic trade freeze?

The deadline occurs only 2 days after the gold medal game. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 235689 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 805406

Agreed. The deadline is in FULL swing by Feb.10th IMO - especially where it pertains to a big money player like Kovalchuk. I doubt Waddell will want to wait until the 11th hour like with Hossa.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

1) Ilya Kovalchuk - LA Kings

2)Ray Whitney - Ottawa

3) Peter Mueller - Calgary

4) Matt Stajan - Atlanta

5) Alexei Ponikarovsky - Columbus

6) Matt Cullen - Chicago

7) Lubomir Visnovsky - Boston

8) Sheldon Souray - Anaheim

9) Ethan Moreau - Washington

10) Marty Turco - Montreal

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'll have to look back on these and see how many people got right. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 805406

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:We'll have to look back on these and see how many people got right. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 805406

We already know that "Spector" was wrong. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 235689 Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 805406

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Bob Mackenzie said last night that Pittsburgh and Ottawa would be two logical landing spots for Ray Whitney ... Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalchuk to Ottawa for Spezza makes literally all the sense in the world. Kovalchuk puts Ottawa in a ridiculous spot heading into the playoffs and Waddell gets a star center signed long term to market the team around.

Couldn't be a better match. Question is: do the Senators do it?

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Kovalchuk to Ottawa for Spezza makes literally all the sense in the world. Kovalchuk puts Ottawa in a ridiculous spot heading into the playoffs and Waddell gets a star center signed long term to market the team around.

I'd do it because Kovalchuk is an all-world talent ... However I'd be really nervous about losing him to Free Agency in the summer

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Kovalchuk to Ottawa for Spezza makes literally all the sense in the world. Kovalchuk puts Ottawa in a ridiculous spot heading into the playoffs and Waddell gets a star center signed long term to market the team around.

Only if there is a deal for Peverley to go with it. Just because of the likelihood that Kovalchuk is a rental. Tough deal for us.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:Bob Mackenzie said last night that Pittsburgh and Ottawa would be two logical landing spots for Ray Whitney ... Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet

Whitney would be a terrific addition to any team. He has incredible skill. But I'd be afraid to know what they would expect in return. I would not be willing to trade Foligno, Regin, most of our prospects, or a draft pick from the first two rounds. The thing is, unless he is coming signed, I don't think adding Whitney will be enough of a push to win the Stanley Cup this year.

I would be willing to trade (in terms of people with some value and no clauses): Shannon, Picard, Jim O'Brien, and maybe Kelly. For Kelly it would have to include some longterm potential, like a draft pick or prospect. And I only say Kelly because of how well Z Smith played when he was called up. He would do well between Neil and Ruutu.

The last thing i would want, however, is to be in a bidding war with other teams for Whitney.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I based my picks on history that teams have with each other. Ottawa and Carolina, and Ottawa's history of trading for pending free agents.

LA has the best chance IMO of getting Kovlachuk AND re-signing him to a $7.5M deal. No way can Kovalchuk expect to get much more than that AND play for a contender.

Souray said he is staying in the West and he has all the say, same with Lubo (NTC) and Boston needs an OFD.

It will be fun to see if anybody gets any right and how many.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
SDH89 wrote:Bob Mackenzie said last night that Pittsburgh and Ottawa would be two logical landing spots for Ray Whitney ... Not sure if anyone has mentioned that yet

Whitney would be a terrific addition to any team. He has incredible skill. But I'd be afraid to know what they would expect in return. I would not be willing to trade Foligno, Regin, most of our prospects, or a draft pick from the first two rounds. The thing is, unless he is coming signed, I don't think adding Whitney will be enough of a push to win the Stanley Cup this year.

I would be willing to trade (in terms of people with some value and no clauses): Shannon, Picard, Jim O'Brien, and maybe Kelly. For Kelly it would have to include some longterm potential, like a draft pick or prospect. And I only say Kelly because of how well Z Smith played when he was called up. He would do well between Neil and Ruutu.

The last thing i would want, however, is to be in a bidding war with other teams for Whitney.

Which is why I would say Kelly is expendible. Not a bad player, not super expensive, but expensive enough and replaceable. I think the return of The Wizard for the playoff run and the cap relief for the summer is good enough.

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As I've said, Campoli has shown that the more he plays the better he is. He'll probably make about 1.5 million, tops, and still be a Top 4 D-Man. I would hang on to him for dear life unless he's part of a deal for a true number 1.

Here's hoping Campoli continues to develop and we can get one more cheap contract out of him as well. Dregers top 10 likely to be moved before the deadline - Page 3 54934

He's RFA and making 667, I think. And he's really only coming around now. That should make for a cheap contract this summer.

Sorry for my bad grammar there. What I meant to say was: I hope you're right and Campoli continues to develop because we'll be able to get one more cheap contract out of him and you need those underpaid over performers on your team in order to be successful right?

No. I understood you. I was just asking what kind of deal we might get away with, in your opinion.

It's getting tougher to imagine moving any of our players now but you have to really look at each players entire season and not just the few feel-good games they may have had recently.

All I keep hearing is how Calgary needs a Center and I just can't convince myself that offering them Spezza + for Phaneuf + would be a bad idea.

Bob McKenzie thinks Ribeiro might be a fit there, so perhaps a Phaneuf for Ribeiro and Niskanen swap would work better?

Calgary has always needed a skilled center and thought Joiken was the answer. I think a deal of Phaneuf, Backlund, and Moss or Glencross for Spezza and Campoli

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:1) Ilya Kovalchuk - LA Kings

2) Ray Whitney - Pittsburgh Penguins

3) Peter Mueller - stays in Phoenix

4) Matt Stajan - ???

5) Alexei Ponikarovsky - Detroit

6) Matt Cullen - ???

7) Lubomir Visnovsky - NJ Devils

8) Sheldon Souray - Washington Capitals