GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be the Sens coach

+7
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:That's a lot of buy-out to carry against the cap...

Think of it this way:

I'm paying 1 million dollar per year for Cheechoo to go away and for someone else to take his spot. Don't think about Emery's buyout or Alfie's. Alfie's is pure logistics anyway, Emery is the past. The present presents us with a pickle: how to shed Cheechoo's 3 million? The only way I can see is shipping him to Edmonton and adding the 2nd round pick to the proposed Cogliano deal.

I doubt anyone wants to do that. So the second option is to buy him out. Sucks, because he's okay, but it's manageable to purge ourselves IMO.

Or we can just waive him once and for all. Bingo needs some offensive help.

EDIT: I meant he's an okay GUY, not that he's okay. He's pretty Diddling far from being okay.

77Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:That's a lot of buy-out to carry against the cap...

Think of it this way:

I'm paying 1 million dollar per year for Cheechoo to go away and for someone else to take his spot. Don't think about Emery's buyout or Alfie's. Alfie's is pure logistics anyway, Emery is the past. The present presents us with a pickle: how to shed Cheechoo's 3 million? The only way I can see is shipping him to Edmonton and adding the 2nd round pick to the proposed Cogliano deal.

I doubt anyone wants to do that. So the second option is to buy him out. Sucks, because he's okay, but it's manageable to purge ourselves IMO.

Or we can just waive him once and for all. Bingo needs some offensive help.

EDIT: I meant' he and okay GUY, not that he's okay. He's pretty Diddling far from being okay.

There was a rumour last year that the NYI were seeking Cheechoo's services. I am sure that his exploits this year have sobered up any potential suitors.

78Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:There was a rumour last year that the NYI were seeking Cheechoo's services. I am sure that his exploits this year have sobered up any potential suitors.

Boing! A 7th rounder will do it.

No...Diddle that. We'll pay a 7th rounder for you to take him.

79Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:There was a rumour last year that the NYI were seeking Cheechoo's services. I am sure that his exploits this year have sobered up any potential suitors.

Mr. Bettman we need you to approve this deal... going to the Islanders, Cheechoo and a seventh round pick. Coming back the other way uhhh, *SILENCE* uhhh, cap room?!

80Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Mr. Bettman we need you to approve this deal... going to the Islanders, Cheechoo and a seventh round pick. Coming back the other way uhhh, *SILENCE* uhhh, cap room?!

Future considerations? Sarcasm

81Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bag-o-pucks?

82Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Future considerations? Be the Sens coach - Page 6 159628

Andy Sutton.

83Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Buy out Cheechoo and bring someone up from Bingo at $500K. Total spent ovr two seasons is $3M -- the same as would be spent keeping Cheechoo here. Would a league-minimum call up from the AHL do any better or any worse that Cheechoo? Hard to say, but the money would be a wash in terms of total outlay, and would give us an extra $1.5M to work with next season. Of course the season after that, if we simply replaced Cheechoo with a league-minimum callup, we would be saving an extra $1M in cap room.

So, I reverse my earlier position on buying him out. Bring up someone cheap, or even rotate 2-3 players until you find one that fits.

84Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Andy Sutton.

That would spell the end of Volchenkov for sure though. I don't know if that's a good thing.

85Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Is he even good anymore?

86Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Is he even good anymore?
3rd in the league in blocked shots and 25th in hits.

87Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Is he even good anymore?
3rd in the league in blocked shots and 25th in hits.

Wow, I thought he was balls now.

88Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Not many points though I'm guessing...we need a D-Man that will put up some points.

89Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Not many points though I'm guessing...we need a D-Man that will put up some points.

Very true.

90Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Not many points though I'm guessing...we need a D-Man that will put up some points.

Karlsson can do that if Clouston stops giving his PP minutes to forwards.

91Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Speaking of the Sens coach, did anyone see his comment in today's citizen about having "no one else" when asked about whether Karlsson and Regin should be in the NHL right now and not in the A? That speaks volumes Imo about the relationship between Lee and Clouston.

92Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Here's the link:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Losing+streak+injuries+highlight+lack+Senators+depth/2430715/story.html

93Be the Sens coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

"General manager Bryan Murray is convinced that Karlsson's going to be a
star, but the first half of the season hasn't provided a lot of
evidence."

And that speaks volume IMO about the stupidity of Ottawa media Be the Sens coach - Page 6 159628

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum