GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be the Sens coach

+7
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm

shabbs wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Dash wrote:I hoped Cheechoo would score 20 as I'm sure a lot of people did, but expecting it, not so much.
I am going to guess that if you watched chooch for the last 2 years (2.5 now) you would have not had that false hope. He has been useless for a long time now. A fresh start does not help a player as bad as him.

Anyway, I forget who the poster was but he guaranteed it. I laughed.
I doubt anyone would have guaranteed it... if you can find the post, we'll see.

Someone definitely did...I remember it.

47Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
I would switch Kelly and Zack Smith. Smith fits in with that aggressive line 3 and Kelly made Cheechoo look like he actually belongs in the nhl last night. I would have cheechoo sitting but we know that won't happen.
Other than that minor change, I agree with SpezD's lines

Fair enough. I wanted to get Kelly into a 15-17 minutes spot, but if he can breathe some life into Cheechoo, then make it so.

Originally I had Cheechoo sitting and Bass in his spot, but I figured (hypothetically) that I'd give Cheechoo one final chance before waiving him.

Plus, someone can correct me, but I believe Bass got a 6 game suspension for hopping the boards last week.

That is why I left Chooch in the lineup and the only reason. I think one of my first posts on this site was telling some poster he was crazy becuasr he said Chooch would score 20 goals and san jose and ottawa would be close in the standings. Give your head a shake to whoever that was.

And you are right about bass

That was two different posters. I know the San Jose, Ottawa nonsense was N4L, but I don't remember who the Cheechoo thing was. I definitely remember it, though.

Personally, I'm still astonished that people on this site, just last week, disagreed with me about Cheechoo getting bought out in the summer Be the Sens coach - Page 4 484884

48Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
That was two different posters. I know the San Jose, Ottawa nonsense was N4L, but I don't remember who the Cheechoo thing was. I definitely remember it, though.

Personally, I'm still astonished that people on this site, just last week, disagreed with me about Cheechoo getting bought out in the summer Be the Sens coach - Page 4 484884

Laughing3 I have a better chance at being an Ottawa Senator next year.

49Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:

What are the cost implications of buying out Cheechoo this summer?

50Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:

Be the Sens coach - Page 4 62136 I have a better chance at being an Ottawa Senator next year.

A million bucks in cap space over the following two seasons.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

51Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 pm

A team pays the player 2/3 of his contract over double the remaining length of what is left in said contract. In cheechoo case he is making 3 million next year in the final year of his contract. Ottawa would pay him 2 million over 2 years so one million per year for 2 seasons. That one million will count towards the cap for both years.
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Gohan wrote:

52Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:15 pm

The ironic thing about buying out chooch, is that on page 224 of the 472 page cba, the nhl uses chooch's exact salary in their explaination on how buyouts work.

53Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Be the Sens coach - Page 4 270956 that's ridiculous

54Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cloverleaf wrote:The ironic thing about buying out chooch, is that on page 224 of the 472 page cba, the nhl uses chooch's exact salary in their explaination on how buyouts work.
Maybe because it's easily divisible by 3... just sayin'...

Wink

55Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

I can't see us not buying out Cheechoo's contract this summer.

56Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:I can't see us not buying out Cheechoo's contract this summer.
So, we'll have Alfie's contract buyout, Emery's buyout and Cheechoo's buyout on the books for a total cap hit of: $2,262,500.

57Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
So, we'll have Alfie's contract buyout, Emery's buyout and Cheechoo's buyout on the books for a total cap hit of: $2,262,500.

Not to mention the salaries being paid to coaches not coaching the team. I'm sure Melnyk would love the idea.

- Unknown Author

58Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Not to mention the salaries being paid to coaches not coaching the team. I'm sure Melnyk would love the idea.
True... I was just focusing on things that impacted our cap.

59Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So. Back to being the Sens coach.

After sifting through the pages of line combos etc. I think I'll poach from everyone and see what you all think.

First line: --- Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Second line: Kovalev - St. Pierre - Regin
Third line: Ruutu - Kelly- Neil
Fourth line: Donovan - Z. Smith - Cheechoo

Defense:

1st Pair: Phillips - Karlsson
2nd Pair: Volchenkov - Campoli (Kuba when healthy)
3rd Paire: Carkner - Picard

5 on 4 PP -

1st unit:
Kovalev - Shannon - Neil
Karlsson - Phillips

2nd unit
Fisher - Regin - Foligno
Picard - Campoli

- Unknown Author

60Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So. Back to being the Sens coach.

After sifting through the pages of line combos etc. I think I'll poach from everyone and see what you all think.

Defense:

5 on 4 PP -

1st unit:
Kovalev - Shannon - Neil
Karlsson - Phillips

2nd unit
Fisher - Regin - Foligno
Picard - Campoli
Worth a try.

Volchi-Campoli worries me a bit though. Heh heh.

Do you think Regin is more suited as a winger?

61Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So. Back to being the Sens coach.

Defense:

5 on 4 PP -

1st unit:
Kovalev - Shannon - Neil
Karlsson - Phillips

2nd unit
Fisher - Regin - Foligno
Picard - Campoli
Worth a try.

Volchi-Campoli worries me a bit though. Heh heh.

Do you think Regin is more suited as a winger?

Good thing Campoli will only be there until Kuba is healthy and as far as Regin is concerned I thought I'd give the callup a chance to play his natural position if I'm giving him an opportunity in the top 6 but I'm open to suggestions. Smile

- Unknown Author

62Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Good thing Campoli will only be there until Kuba is healthy and as far as Regin is concerned I thought I'd give the callup a chance to play his natural position if I'm giving him an opportunity in the top 6 but I'm open to suggestions. Smile

As long as Regin's comfortable in the wing position, I would definitely give St.Pierre a look there. But as much as I like St.Pierre, if he doesn't produce tonight, there's not much more to be done but to send him back down.

63Be the Sens coach - Page 4 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

As long as Regin's comfortable in the wing position, I would definitely give St.Pierre a look there. But as much as I like St.Pierre, if he doesn't produce tonight, there's not much more to be done but to send him back down.

I think you have to give the guy a chance to succeed. It's not like there's great options to go with instead is there?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum