GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be the Sens coach

+7
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

16Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's my best go at this:

Kovalev - Fisher - Cheechoo

Justification: Kovalev has helped Fisher in the past so lets see if he can get him scoring again. This is Cheechoo's time to step up and show he can do more than hit the cross bar or post.

Foligno - St. Pierre - Shannon

Justification: You have a nice fast young line full of energy. Give this St. Pierre kid a shot at some real offensive top six minutes to show what he can do.

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Justification: They've shown chemistry in the past and can really agitate and bang bodies.

Donovan - Z. Smith - Regin

The only issue I have here is having Regin on the 4th line, he'd have 5 minutes a game and he's one of our best players at the moment. I also wouldn't put Cheechoo on line 1. Flip those and you're golden!

17Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Phillips-Karlsson seems to be the consensus.

18Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Of course any scenario which requires another call-up (like D. Smith, the entire Bingo top line, etc.) assumes that we live in a cap-less world.

It also assumes that your coach is GM as well. Sarcasm

19Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course any scenario which requires another call-up (like D. Smith, the entire Bingo top line, etc.) assumes that we live in a cap-less world.

It's the only way I'd take the job.

20Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Neil on PP1 is great! I don't know why he hasn't done it more often, if at all. Someone needs to be in the front of the net at all times!

21Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's my best go at this:

Kovalev - Fisher - Cheechoo

Justification: Kovalev has helped Fisher in the past so lets see if he can get him scoring again. This is Cheechoo's time to step up and show he can do more than hit the cross bar or post.

Foligno - St. Pierre - Shannon

Justification: You have a nice fast young line full of energy. Give this St. Pierre kid a shot at some real offensive top six minutes to show what he can do.

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Justification: They've shown chemistry in the past and can really agitate and bang bodies.

Donovan - Z. Smith - Regin

The only issue I have here is having Regin on the 4th line, he'd have 5 minutes a game and he's one of our best players at the moment. I also wouldn't put Cheechoo on line 1. Flip those and you're golden!

I would say start the game with it as is then switch it if it's not working. Seriously how many times can one guy hit the cross bar and not have the puck go in?

- Unknown Author

22Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's the only way I'd take the job.

Work-aholic.

- Unknown Author

23Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Until Alfie, Spezza and Michalek come back... switch our system to an aggressive and suffocating trap. Sure... boring hockey, but we're getting our asses pounded with the run and gun.

24Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Until Alfie, Spezza and Michalek come back... switch our system to an aggressive and suffocating trap. Sure... boring hockey, but we're getting our asses pounded with the run and gun.

Trap what though? We can't even score. It's all fine and dandy to trap a team if your up by 2-3 goals, but when you can't even get 1 there's no point. I say stick with run and gun until you can start scoring and then close it down if you're not in the hole by then.

25Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Until Alfie, Spezza and Michalek come back... switch our system to an aggressive and suffocating trap. Sure... boring hockey, but we're getting our asses pounded with the run and gun.

I totally agree. Try to at least play for OT until our top players are back.

- Unknown Author

26Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensGirl11 wrote:

Trap what though? We can't even score. It's all fine and dandy to trap a team if your up by 2-3 goals, but when you can't even get 1 there's no point. I say stick with run and gun until you can start scoring and then close it down if you're not in the hole by then.
Well, we'd limit the opponents chances and minimize the "hole" we could find ourselves in. It would be like playing for a tie. Yeah, I hate the idea, but with our top snipers out and Fisher not sniping at all... we almost have to hope for a fluky goal to win.

27Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Well, we'd limit the opponents chances and minimize the "hole" we could find ourselves in. It would be like playing for a tie. Yeah, I hate the idea, but with our top snipers out and Fisher not sniping at all... we almost have to hope for a fluky goal to win.

Exactly. Play to get the game to OT then hope for the best.

- Unknown Author

28Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

It won't happen though... I don't see Clouston ever giving a "trap system" a sniff...

29Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

It won't happen though... I don't see Clouston ever giving a "trap system" a sniff...

It worked well for the Oilers in round 1 of their Cinderella march to the finals. Maybe he should put his Ego in check and do whats best for the team.

- Unknown Author

30Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would alter my lines once and for all:

Foligno - Fisher - Shannon

FFS is back? Of course it's back, why the Diddle wouldn't I put them back together?

Kovalev - Regin - St.Pierre

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Donovan - Z.Smith - Cheechoo

31Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

same here ^

32Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:26 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I would alter my lines once and for all:

Foligno - Fisher - Shannon

FFS is back? Of course it's back, why the Diddle wouldn't I put them back together?

Kovalev - Regin - St.Pierre

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Donovan - Z.Smith - Cheechoo
I would switch Kelly and Zack Smith. Smith fits in with that aggressive line 3 and Kelly made Cheechoo look like he actually belongs in the nhl last night. I would have cheechoo sitting but we know that won't happen.
Other than that minor change, I agree with SpezD's lines

33Be the Sens coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:
I would switch Kelly and Zack Smith. Smith fits in with that aggressive line 3 and Kelly made Cheechoo look like he actually belongs in the nhl last night. I would have cheechoo sitting but we know that won't happen.
Other than that minor change, I agree with SpezD's lines

Fair enough. I wanted to get Kelly into a 15-17 minutes spot, but if he can breathe some life into Cheechoo, then make it so.

Originally I had Cheechoo sitting and Bass in his spot, but I figured (hypothetically) that I'd give Cheechoo one final chance before waiving him.

Plus, someone can correct me, but I believe Bass got a 6 game suspension for hopping the boards last week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum