GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be the Sens coach

+7
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm

same here ^

32Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:26 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I would alter my lines once and for all:

Foligno - Fisher - Shannon

FFS is back? Of course it's back, why the Diddle wouldn't I put them back together?

Kovalev - Regin - St.Pierre

Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Donovan - Z.Smith - Cheechoo
I would switch Kelly and Zack Smith. Smith fits in with that aggressive line 3 and Kelly made Cheechoo look like he actually belongs in the nhl last night. I would have cheechoo sitting but we know that won't happen.
Other than that minor change, I agree with SpezD's lines

33Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:
I would switch Kelly and Zack Smith. Smith fits in with that aggressive line 3 and Kelly made Cheechoo look like he actually belongs in the nhl last night. I would have cheechoo sitting but we know that won't happen.

Fair enough. I wanted to get Kelly into a 15-17 minutes spot, but if he can breathe some life into Cheechoo, then make it so.

Originally I had Cheechoo sitting and Bass in his spot, but I figured (hypothetically) that I'd give Cheechoo one final chance before waiving him.

Plus, someone can correct me, but I believe Bass got a 6 game suspension for hopping the boards last week.

34Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course any scenario which requires another call-up (like D. Smith, the entire Bingo top line, etc.) assumes that we live in a cap-less world.

It also assumes that your coach is GM as well. Sarcasm

It's the only way I'd take the job.

The dream is for someone on here to realize that they're a hundred billionaire and hire one of us to coach and (me) one of us to GM. That would be (disastrous) diddling A! Ahhhhh!

35Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course any scenario which requires another call-up (like D. Smith, the entire Bingo top line, etc.) assumes that we live in a cap-less world.

It also assumes that your coach is GM as well. Be the Sens coach - Page 3 159628

It's the only way I'd take the job.

The dream is for someone on here to realize that they're a hundred billionaire and hire one of us to coach and (me) one of us to GM. That would be (disastrous) diddling A! Be the Sens coach - Page 3 805406

I hope it's me. I want to tell people to blow themselves up or better yet hire a couple of fellas to do it for me!

36Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Fair enough. I wanted to get Kelly into a 15-17 minutes spot, but if he can breathe some life into Cheechoo, then make it so.

Originally I had Cheechoo sitting and Bass in his spot, but I figured (hypothetically) that I'd give Cheechoo one final chance before waiving him.

Plus, someone can correct me, but I believe Bass got a 6 game suspension for hopping the boards last week.

That is why I left Chooch in the lineup and the only reason. I think one of my first posts on this site was telling some poster he was crazy becuasr he said Chooch would score 20 goals and san jose and ottawa would be close in the standings. Give your head a shake to whoever that was.

And you are right about bass

37Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hoped Cheechoo would score 20 as I'm sure a lot of people did, but expecting it, not so much.

38Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Dash wrote:I hoped Cheechoo would score 20 as I'm sure a lot of people did, but expecting it, not so much.
I am going to guess that if you watched chooch for the last 2 years (2.5 now) you would have not had that false hope. He has been useless for a long time now. A fresh start does not help a player as bad as him.

Anyway, I forget who the poster was but he guaranteed it. I laughed.

39Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Was it you dash?

40Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cloverleaf wrote:
Dash wrote:I hoped Cheechoo would score 20 as I'm sure a lot of people did, but expecting it, not so much.
I am going to guess that if you watched chooch for the last 2 years (2.5 now) you would have not had that false hope. He has been useless for a long time now. A fresh start does not help a player as bad as him.

I doubt anyone would have guaranteed it... if you can find the post, we'll see.

41Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think it was me, though I think I said that (in a best case scenario) Cheechoo + Michalek = 50 goals. Michalek was on pace for almost 40 but then he went cold and now he is injured, so he's definitely not hitting 40, let alone 30.

42Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Kovalev - Regin - Fisher - would this not work right now? Or is that putting all of your eggs in one basket?

43Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:I don't think it was me, though I think I said that (in a best case scenario) Cheechoo + Michalek = 50 goals. Michalek was on pace for almost 40 but then he went cold and now he is injured, so he's definitely not hitting 40, let alone 30.

I thought the same, I was convinced the 2 together could put up the 50 we lost.

44Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Kovalev - Regin - Fisher - would this not work right now? Or is that putting all of your eggs in one basket?

Don't you want the FFS line back together? I mean, what do we have to lose?

45Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Kovalev - Regin - Fisher - would this not work right now? Or is that putting all of your eggs in one basket?

As long as Regin played wing.

46Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm

shabbs wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I doubt anyone would have guaranteed it... if you can find the post, we'll see.

Someone definitely did...I remember it.

47Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

That is why I left Chooch in the lineup and the only reason. I think one of my first posts on this site was telling some poster he was crazy becuasr he said Chooch would score 20 goals and san jose and ottawa would be close in the standings. Give your head a shake to whoever that was.

And you are right about bass

That was two different posters. I know the San Jose, Ottawa nonsense was N4L, but I don't remember who the Cheechoo thing was. I definitely remember it, though.

Personally, I'm still astonished that people on this site, just last week, disagreed with me about Cheechoo getting bought out in the summer Be the Sens coach - Page 3 484884

48Be the Sens coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
That was two different posters. I know the San Jose, Ottawa nonsense was N4L, but I don't remember who the Cheechoo thing was. I definitely remember it, though.

Personally, I'm still astonished that people on this site, just last week, disagreed with me about Cheechoo getting bought out in the summer Be the Sens coach - Page 3 484884

Laughing3 I have a better chance at being an Ottawa Senator next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum