GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be the Sens coach

+7
PTFlea
shabbs
SensGirl11
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So. Back to being the Sens coach.

After sifting through the pages of line combos etc. I think I'll poach from everyone and see what you all think.

First line: --- Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Second line: Kovalev - St. Pierre - Regin
Third line: Ruutu - Kelly- Neil
Fourth line: Donovan - Z. Smith - Cheechoo

Defense:

1st Pair: Phillips - Karlsson
2nd Pair: Volchenkov - Campoli (Kuba when healthy)
3rd Paire: Carkner - Picard

5 on 4 PP -

1st unit:
Kovalev - Shannon - Neil
Karlsson - Phillips

2nd unit
Fisher - Regin - Foligno
Picard - Campoli
Worth a try.

Volchi-Campoli worries me a bit though. Heh heh.

Do you think Regin is more suited as a winger?

Good thing Campoli will only be there until Kuba is healthy and as far as Regin is concerned I thought I'd give the callup a chance to play his natural position if I'm giving him an opportunity in the top 6 but I'm open to suggestions. Smile

62Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Good thing Campoli will only be there until Kuba is healthy and as far as Regin is concerned I thought I'd give the callup a chance to play his natural position if I'm giving him an opportunity in the top 6 but I'm open to suggestions. Smile

As long as Regin's comfortable in the wing position, I would definitely give St.Pierre a look there. But as much as I like St.Pierre, if he doesn't produce tonight, there's not much more to be done but to send him back down.

63Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

As long as Regin's comfortable in the wing position, I would definitely give St.Pierre a look there. But as much as I like St.Pierre, if he doesn't produce tonight, there's not much more to be done but to send him back down.

I think you have to give the guy a chance to succeed. It's not like there's great options to go with instead is there?

64Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think you have to give the guy a chance to succeed. It's not like there's great options to go with instead is there?

Chris Kelly.

65Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think you have to give the guy a chance to succeed. It's not like there's great options to go with instead is there?

Chris Kelly.

He was good in between Alfie and Heatley but I don't think I would consider Kelly in the category of great option would you?

- Unknown Author

66Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
He was good in between Alfie and Heatley but I don't think I would consider Kelly in the category of great option would you?

Uhhh, I'm not sure. He's capable for sure, but he's not gonna be the catalyst for the offense. I don't know, I say it can't hurt, others would say just leave Kelly with Ruutu and Neil and let them be the defacto 2nd line.

67Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think right now you can't mess with combinations that are working or you'll end up with 0 goals on this road trip.

- Unknown Author

68Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think right now you can't mess with combinations that are working or you'll end up with 0 goals on this road trip.

I'm tempted to say it couldn't get much worse than it is now.

69Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think right now you can't mess with combinations that are working or you'll end up with 0 goals on this road trip.

Indeed... but you can only tinker so much at a time...

70Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Just remember to flush between tinkers. Wink

- Unknown Author

71Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Just remember to flush between tinkers. Wink
Hey-O!!!

72Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:51 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:I can't see us not buying out Cheechoo's contract this summer.
So, we'll have Alfie's contract buyout, Emery's buyout and Cheechoo's buyout on the books for a total cap hit of: $2,262,500.

Emery's contract was 3 years, starting from 07/08. DOesn't that mean his buyout ends after 09/10?

73Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:
So, we'll have Alfie's contract buyout, Emery's buyout and Cheechoo's buyout on the books for a total cap hit of: $2,262,500.

Emery's contract was 3 years, starting from 07/08. DOesn't that mean his buyout ends after 09/10?

Buy-outs are spread over double the remaining years aren't they? So if 2 years are left then the buy-out lasts 4 years.

- Unknown Author

74Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
marakh wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Buy-outs are spread over double the remaining years aren't they? So if 2 years are left then the buy-out lasts 4 years.

FACK.

75Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's a lot of buy-out to carry against the cap...

76Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:That's a lot of buy-out to carry against the cap...

Think of it this way:

I'm paying 1 million dollar per year for Cheechoo to go away and for someone else to take his spot. Don't think about Emery's buyout or Alfie's. Alfie's is pure logistics anyway, Emery is the past. The present presents us with a pickle: how to shed Cheechoo's 3 million? The only way I can see is shipping him to Edmonton and adding the 2nd round pick to the proposed Cogliano deal.

I doubt anyone wants to do that. So the second option is to buy him out. Sucks, because he's okay, but it's manageable to purge ourselves IMO.

Or we can just waive him once and for all. Bingo needs some offensive help.

EDIT: I meant he's an okay GUY, not that he's okay. He's pretty Diddling far from being okay.

77Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:That's a lot of buy-out to carry against the cap...

Think of it this way:

I'm paying 1 million dollar per year for Cheechoo to go away and for someone else to take his spot. Don't think about Emery's buyout or Alfie's. Alfie's is pure logistics anyway, Emery is the past. The present presents us with a pickle: how to shed Cheechoo's 3 million? The only way I can see is shipping him to Edmonton and adding the 2nd round pick to the proposed Cogliano deal.

I doubt anyone wants to do that. So the second option is to buy him out. Sucks, because he's okay, but it's manageable to purge ourselves IMO.

Or we can just waive him once and for all. Bingo needs some offensive help.

EDIT: I meant' he and okay GUY, not that he's okay. He's pretty Diddling far from being okay.

There was a rumour last year that the NYI were seeking Cheechoo's services. I am sure that his exploits this year have sobered up any potential suitors.

78Be the Sens coach - Page 5 Empty Re: Be the Sens coach Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:There was a rumour last year that the NYI were seeking Cheechoo's services. I am sure that his exploits this year have sobered up any potential suitors.

Boing! A 7th rounder will do it.

No...Diddle that. We'll pay a 7th rounder for you to take him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum