GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc.

+35
NEELY
stempniaksen
Tuk Tuk
M_Christopher
BigRig
Urkie
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
strachattack
sens4win
garblar
ddt
Vandelay
jamvan
SDH89
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
beedub
beerandsens
shabbs
wprager
Riprock
Sens19
LeCaptain
TeamRenzo
SensGirl11
Flo The Action
Devo
rooneypoo
PKC
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 68]

What interest is there in Spezza? His contract is a pretty big one to swallow...

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

oh that's awesome. Murray should get on that....but don waddell ain't that stupid. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to spezz....michalek and alfie are good together and Fisher between them would be a very interesting hard working line. Spezza is not adding anything to that line and he should finally get tried out with kovalev. Keep shannon on that line. If he still stinks up the joint....hmm....call jim rutherford and ask for eric staal in return ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 805406

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:oh that's awesome. Murray should get on that....but don waddell ain't that stupid. ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to spezz....michalek and alfie are good together and Fisher between them would be a very interesting hard working line. Spezza is not adding anything to that line and he should finally get tried out with kovalev. Keep shannon on that line. If he still stinks up the joint....hmm....call jim rutherford and ask for eric staal in return ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 805406

Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

OK, I just watched the first period from last night. I get that he's not playing well enough for the money he makes, but some of us *cough* are writing as if he's absolutely useless.

I counted numerous times that he set up prime scoring chances, including a goal-post by Alfredsson, and outmuscled players behind the net. The problem is he's not producing, but the key argument so far has been that he's doing nothing outside of his statistics. I'm not sure I buy that.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Rumour has it Staal could be had for a young top-6 forward and a young defenceman.

Spezza + Lee for Staal? ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 159628

So you risk screwing up the chemistry with Kovalev and Fisher to get Spezza going? Dont like that idea. Give him Cheechoo and Ruutu or something. Anyways, it doesnt matter, the guy cant get it done.

asq2 wrote:Rumour has it Staal could be had for a young top-6 forward and a young defenceman.

Spezza + Lee for Staal? ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 159628

I would do that in a heart beat

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Rumour has it Staal could be had for a young top-6 forward and a young defenceman.

I'm asking this seriously: is there a difference between the two players?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:OK, I just watched the first period from last night. I get that he's not playing well enough for the money he makes, but some of us *cough* are writing as if he's absolutely useless.

I counted numerous times that he set up prime scoring chances, including a goal-post by Alfredsson, and outmuscled players behind the net. The problem is he's not producing, but the key argument so far has been that he's doing nothing outside of his statistics. I'm not sure I buy that.

Well at a certain point you need him to stop setting up chances and start setting up some Diddling goals.

15 points for our "#1 center" in 24 games is ridiculously unacceptable.

He has the fewest points of all the #1 centers in the league and less than most of the second line centers too.

We just can't succeed as a team when our top money guys aren't playing that way. It used to always be "we can't succeed unless we get the big line some help" and now it's become the total opposite. And it's not like he doesn't have help on the team between Alfredsson, Michalek, Kovalev, Fisher, Foligno and the rest of the cast who are all contributing.

This guy should be making other players better...and I'm afraid for the last 24 games at least, and possibly well into most of last year as well, he just hasn't been doing that.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

A Stanley Cup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:OK, I just watched the first period from last night. I get that he's not playing well enough for the money he makes, but some of us *cough* are writing as if he's absolutely useless.

Yeah, I give him credit for setting things up, but his play doesn't get better after the first. That was his good period.

My hope is that he conquers whatever injuries/confidence issues he has and gets back to the dominating PPG+ guy that I used to love so much. That's my hope.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

A Stanley Cup.

ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 235689 ALL Spezza talk - to trade, not to trade, rant, rave etc. - Page 2 805406

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
A Stanley Cup.

And? The Canes took on the 8th seed from the West and barely squeezed by. We took on the best team of the last 5 years and got crushed. Would Staal have changed anything that happened vs Anaheim? No.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Funny. That would be like hand in glove if it were for real.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Well at a certain point you need him to stop setting up chances and start setting up some Diddling goals.

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that the arguments against Spezza are supposed to be denigrating him in regards to what happens off the scoresheet. There's no question he needs to be on the scoresheet more often.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
A Stanley Cup.

And? The Canes took on the 8th seed from the West and barely squeezed by. We took on the best team of the last 5 years and got crushed. Would Staal have changed anything that happened vs Anaheim? No.

I'm sorry but Staal has never had one player of the calibre of an Alfredsson or Heatley on his wing, let alone two.

He's a Stanley Cup champion and he had 28 points (9G, 19A) in that playoff run as well as another 15 points (10G, 5A) in last year's playoffs.

So it's not like he was just along for the ride.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So when is this deal going down? Before or after the Filatov deal?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that the arguments against Spezza are supposed to be denigrating him in regards to what happens off the scoresheet. There's no question he needs to be on the scoresheet more often.

I'm not saying he's never trying...but you can't argue the fact that he looks lost out there most of the time. And it's not like it's a team thing either. Other guys, namely the Fishers, Michaleks and Alfredssons of the team are out there going to the net, getting dirty, simplifying their game, not trying to be cute with the puck all the time. And then you have Jason who's more predictable than an episode of Days of Our Lives with the puck, always curling at the half boards, always trying to get 60 feet across the ice from one half board to the other.

Notice how our goals have been scored this year, by throwing the puck on net and getting bodies in there. Not by trying to dangle through everyone in the first level of seating and then trying to spin around with your stick and throw the puck out to a defender.

It's pathetic. He's paid to be creative, to draw attention to him, to make players better by putting them into above average scoring chances. All I see is players on his line confused by his play, not knowing where to go. And I can't honestly be convinced that he doesn't have linemates that are skilled enough to finish his plays. That's just Dung.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum