GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov to Ottawa?

+16
beedub
Flo The Action
TheAvatar
SDH89
Jordo
Sens19
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

316Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:It's hard to understand when you score a hat trick in 8 minutes and gets less ice time in the next game.

Can't really argue with that but I'm still skeptical. What if he comes here and doesn't do so great, we send him down to Bingo. What happens then? Would he go crying back to Russia again? It's a huge risk to take and I'm sure it would cost us a lot to get Filatov in the first place.

317Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, for what it's worth, Filatov did indeed stink it up at the WJC; and I don't think having him come to the Sens will do either side any good.

I still haven't heard Filatov's name mentioned to Ottawa for a few days so perhaps it's dying off...

318Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coupled with his very public display of 'tude, I doubt that's a guy Bryan Murray will have any interest in.

319Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I would do Filatov for Lee in a heartbeat!!!

Other than that 'NO'

320Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

He's pretty arrogant for a rookie, if you ask me. This might be one talented player, but would his attitude translate to dressing room cancer?

"Changes are needed in Columbus, or else I may not go back" ?? Sounds like the changes may need to be self-change IMO

321Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

beedub wrote:He's pretty arrogant for a rookie, if you ask me. This might be one talented player, but would his attitude translate to dressing room cancer?

"Changes are needed in Columbus, or else I may not go back" ?? Sounds like the changes may need to be self-change IMO

Next stop, Tampa Bay.

322Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:32 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
beedub wrote:He's pretty arrogant for a rookie, if you ask me. This might be one talented player, but would his attitude translate to dressing room cancer?

Next stop, Tampa Bay.

HAHAHA!! So true... *potentially* Wink

323Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure I want him anymore - seriously. I thought it was kinda neat what he said about Hitchcock, but at the same time, it's not really his place to say that to the media. Who's to say he won't do the same thing when he gets to his new team?

I feel the same way. Who's to say he won't come here and do the same thing? I'm a little leary as well and he's not going to come very cheap either. I don't think we should go near this guy tbh.

Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

Yes! + you on that.

I don't know how we can swing it. We're not sucky enough (I don't think) to lose enough games against our division/conference rivals to get into the bottom 5, so do we have trade collateral to get a 1st from one of them?

324Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Urkie wrote:
marakh wrote:It's hard to understand when you score a hat trick in 8 minutes and gets less ice time in the next game.

Can't really argue with that but I'm still skeptical. What if he comes here and doesn't do so great, we send him down to Bingo. What happens then? Would he go crying back to Russia again? It's a huge risk to take and I'm sure it would cost us a lot to get Filatov in the first place.

On the one had, I understand his frustration. However, just like I tell my kids over and over and over and ... that it's OK to feel frustrated (angry, whatever) but it's not OK to express your frustration (anger, whatever) in inappropriate ways (name calling, hitting, breaking something, etc.)

This is not a 7 year old we're dealing with here. It was completely inappropriate for him to say what he did, regardless of whether he was correct or not. Anyone who has followed hockey for more than a season will know that a coach is hired to be fired. What's the average tenure of an NHL coach? About three years? What about a coach on a losing team? Probably even shorter.

Bottom line (for me) this kid has displayed the kind of attitude that I want to run from. No character except for bad character. This is Sergei Kostitsyn with a little more hair and skill. I can understand Gainey with the patience of Job when it comes to Sergei, since he and the organization have spent a lot of time and effort on him. But to actively go out to get someone with this attitude, giving up your own prospects or picks in the process, I just would not do it.

Then, again, I'm not a GM.

325Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

My concern is that I've also heard some negative whispers about Hall's personality. Same goes for Kabanov and McFarland, and Seguin gives me a weird vibe. Connolly's got injury issues, Granlund's small, Pulkkinen has had a bad and injury riddled year and guys like Tarasenko and Burmistrov might be too much of a risk even if Burmistrov is playing in Canada (given the Filatov situation).

Take away those guys and you're left with Fowler, Gormley and Gudbranson on the top. Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 270956

Man, I wish Gudbranson was a forward. I guess we'll have to wait and see how high a guy like Toffoli climbs.

326Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:10 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

My concern is that I've also heard some negative whispers about Hall's personality. Same goes for Kabanov and McFarland, and Seguin gives me a weird vibe. Connolly's got injury issues, Granlund's small, Pulkkinen has had a bad and injury riddled year and guys like Tarasenko and Burmistrov might be too much of a risk even if Burmistrov is playing in Canada (given the Filatov situation).

Take away those guys and you're left with Fowler, Gormley and Gudbranson on the top. Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 270956

Man, I wish Gudbranson was a forward. I guess we'll have to wait and see how high a guy like Toffoli climbs.

What kind of personality issues though? If they don't affect the team or his play on ice, I couldn't care less. He could spend his off days crushing hamsters with a rock, and as long as he's playing well, I don't care at this point. We need more talent up front.

When you get right down to it, these kids at the top of every draft class are scrutinized in a way that most of us can't appreciate. Look hard enough, and you will find flaws in anyone.

327Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:

What kind of personality issues though? If they don't affect the team or his play on ice, I couldn't care less. He could spend his off days crushing hamsters with a rock, and as long as he's playing well, I don't care at this point. We need more talent up front.

When you get right down to it, these kids at the top of every draft class are scrutinized in a way that most of us can't appreciate. Look hard enough, and you will find flaws in anyone.

Where would you draw the line? Guinea pigs? Ferrets? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

328Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:07 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Where would you draw the line? Guinea pigs? Ferrets? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I'm not really sure. I'm not a fan of those either so....

329Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So is this a done deal yet? Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

330Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So is this a done deal yet? Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 805406

I've been monitoring various sports information outlets here and abroad and still nothing. Perhaps the Brunette and Hamhuis deals need to be finalized first?

331Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So is this a done deal yet? Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 805406

I've been monitoring various sports information outlets here and abroad and still nothing. Perhaps the Brunette and Hamhuis deals need to be finalized first?

More to come then? Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

332Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Ahhhhh!

333Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 22 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why isn't Mathieu Schneider an Ottawa Senator? It isn't worth the money to give our PP and outlets a pulse? Diddle, come on. Here, we'll have to waive Cheechoo, but let's get pro-active. Start to fix the PP with a pending UFA in Schneider and look for a quick fix up front that doesn't cost much. Lee for a veteran who can still score 15 goals a year. Comrie? I'm (kinda kidding) Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum