GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov to Ottawa?

+16
beedub
Flo The Action
TheAvatar
SDH89
Jordo
Sens19
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 23]

301Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Is this a done deal yet? Sources?

Does it count if the SIM had him in Ottawa and now he's in Calgary?

Breaking news:

Scott Howson: I don't remember a thing. I woke up and heard on the radio that Filatov was dealt to Ottawa and that Brian Lee would be ready to play our next game. Also, my bum was sore.

Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 235689 Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 805406

302Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Is this a done deal yet? Sources?

Does it count if the SIM had him in Ottawa and now he's in Calgary?

Breaking news:

Scott Howson: I don't remember a thing. I woke up and heard on the radio that Filatov was dealt to Ottawa and that Brian Lee would be ready to play our next game. Also, my bum was sore.

Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 235689 Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 805406

This Just in via Dreger Twitter: League looking to investigate suspicious deal.

303Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

Seems like Filatov doesn't want to go back to Columbus anytime soor or at least not until after Hitchcock is fired. He didn't really stand out at the WJC either. Per TSN....

It appears Blue Jackets prospect Nikita Filatov has no plans on returning to Columbus unless the team makes changes.
The Blue Jackets first round selection from the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (6th overall) reportedly expressed his discontent while playing for Russia at the World Junior Hockey Championships.
Filatov, who is signed to a three-year entry level contract with Columbus, is believed to be unhappy with Blue Jackets head coach Ken Hitchcock. However, general manager Scott Howson stated that he still believes Filatov will join the team at their training camp prior to the 2010-2011 season.
The 19-year-old has scored six goals in 21 NHL career NHL games split over the last two seasons. The Moscow, Russia native recorded six points including a goal and five assists for his country's junior squad in the six tournament games.

304Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CLB is a lottery team right now. If they are still bottom 5 by the end of the year, they will probably deal Filatov.

305Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've been wondering about this for some time now. Any updates?

306Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:CLB is a lottery team right now. If they are still bottom 5 by the end of the year, they will probably deal Filatov.

First Hitchcock goes (next week is my guess), then they re-evaluate everything, including Filatov - who, I might add, sucked arse in the WJC.

307Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The entire team sucked at the WJC, the Russian coach was not a personnel favourite...

308Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not sure I want him anymore - seriously. I thought it was kinda neat what he said about Hitchcock, but at the same time, it's not really his place to say that to the media. Who's to say he won't do the same thing when he gets to his new team?

309Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure I want him anymore - seriously. I thought it was kinda neat what he said about Hitchcock, but at the same time, it's not really his place to say that to the media. Who's to say he won't do the same thing when he gets to his new team?

I feel the same way. Who's to say he won't come here and do the same thing? I'm a little leary as well and he's not going to come very cheap either. I don't think we should go near this guy tbh.

310Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He won't do the same thing here because we won't ask him to do Hitchcock-esque stuff.

311Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm not sure I want him anymore - seriously. I thought it was kinda neat what he said about Hitchcock, but at the same time, it's not really his place to say that to the media. Who's to say he won't do the same thing when he gets to his new team?

I feel the same way. Who's to say he won't come here and do the same thing? I'm a little leary as well and he's not going to come very cheap either. I don't think we should go near this guy tbh.

Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

312Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

I'm not even sure we have enough for that.

313Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:He won't do the same thing here because we won't ask him to do Hitchcock-esque stuff.

It seems like if he isn't handed a job on the second line or better then he will do the same thing. After reading his comments, you can tell he is a selfish player. I don't want that kind of guy on my team, as talented as he may be.

314Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

hemlock wrote:Just give up whatever is needed for Taylor Hall. Forget about Filatov.

That's not really possible though unless we tank it and finish last in the league.

315Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
marakh wrote:He won't do the same thing here because we won't ask him to do Hitchcock-esque stuff.

It seems like if he isn't handed a job on the second line or better then he will do the same thing. After reading his comments, you can tell he is a selfish player. I don't want that kind of guy on my team, as talented as he may be.

It's hard to understand when you score a hat trick in 8 minutes and gets less ice time in the next game.

316Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:It's hard to understand when you score a hat trick in 8 minutes and gets less ice time in the next game.

Can't really argue with that but I'm still skeptical. What if he comes here and doesn't do so great, we send him down to Bingo. What happens then? Would he go crying back to Russia again? It's a huge risk to take and I'm sure it would cost us a lot to get Filatov in the first place.

317Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well, for what it's worth, Filatov did indeed stink it up at the WJC; and I don't think having him come to the Sens will do either side any good.

I still haven't heard Filatov's name mentioned to Ottawa for a few days so perhaps it's dying off...

318Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 21 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coupled with his very public display of 'tude, I doubt that's a guy Bryan Murray will have any interest in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum