GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filatov to Ottawa?

+16
beedub
Flo The Action
TheAvatar
SDH89
Jordo
Sens19
shabbs
SensGirl11
Riprock
PTFlea
asq2
LeCaptain
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
M_Christopher
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 23]

16Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:Done. Play him with Alfie or Michalek who can show him how to play sound two way hockey.

Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 258437

How about letting him score and make plays? Can't we use some of that?

That's included in TWO WAY hockey. Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Icon_wink His defense is the reason he's in the KHL I believe.

That's not a good reason, if you ask me. It's a team game let the two-way players play a two-way game, let the shut-down players play their game and let the creative, talented players drive the offense.

Tell that to Spezza.

17Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Uh...deal. Not Winchester preferably, but, hey, whatever the diddle ever, ya know?

I can't imagine and I refuse to get excited. You're telling me that Columbus doesn't have A-Train on their mind for Filatov?

18Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:00 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

If you can get Filatov, you do it, even if VOlchenkov goes.
Unless he signs under 3.5Million.

19Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:01 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Uh...deal. Not Winchester preferably, but, hey, whatever the diddle ever, ya know?

I can't imagine and I refuse to get excited. You're telling me that Columbus doesn't have A-Train on their mind for Filatov?

I'd even consider that. That's saying something since Volchie is my very favorite.

20Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Ottawa already acquired Filatov? I believe it was GM Christopher that pulled the trigger.... Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 159628

21Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I thought Ottawa already acquired Filatov? I believe it was GM Christopher that pulled the trigger.... Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 159628

DIdn`t he send Alfredsson back? Screw him Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 270956

22Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 pm

marakh wrote:
Dash wrote:I thought Ottawa already acquired Filatov? I believe it was GM Christopher that pulled the trigger.... Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 159628

DIdn`t he send Alfredsson back? Screw him Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 270956

And Volchenkov....ahh the memories. Smile

Diddle me, I really need to get to sleep!

23Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:05 pm

I think he'd be great with Kovalev and Fisher. Fisher plays enough of the two-way for both of them!

24Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Uh...deal. Not Winchester preferably, but, hey, whatever the diddle ever, ya know?

I'd even consider that. That's saying something since Volchie is my very favorite.

If Winchester was dealt, I would be angry and break stuff.

25Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:I think he'd be great with Kovalev and Fisher. Fisher plays enough of the two-way for both of them!

exactly! Team Diddling sport.

26Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Was Alfie enough to compensate for both of Spezza and Heatley all those years?

27Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Was Alfie enough to compensate for both of Spezza and Heatley all those years?

Does a bear Dung in the woods?

28Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

does a Tiger poop in the Woods?

29Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Filatov's situation is basically Karlsson's, but up front. Unbelievable offensive skills, probably an even better skater, but limited by his current size and strength. His frame is alright (actually an inch taller than Crosby) but his final weight should be 20-30lbs heavier than it is now.

I think he's got the potential to be a very good defensive player so long as his strength improves (and it will). His problem in Columbus was he was having difficulty keeping the puck against much bigger defencemen and also having difficulty fighting to get it back. Hitch's system doesn't really smile on that sort of a player.

Absolute world-class prospect, though. I would do that deal in a heartbeat, and I have no problem offering a first rounder instead.

30Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also Russell seems to have trouble staying in the lineup there. That might be an angle.

31Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I haven't finished reading everyone's reactions to this yet, but I'm going to say that I would not want to deal Winchester. Sorry. Why can't it be Shannon or someone else?

32Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Also Russell seems to have trouble staying in the lineup there. That might be an angle.

As SpezD likes to say: I'd poop my pantaloons if we got Russell and Filatov. Good thing I have lots of wipes at home LOL.

- Unknown Author

33Filatov to Ottawa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Filatov to Ottawa? Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Russell is useless to the Sens now. Winchester is a nice player, but come on, in order to get Filatov, you give him up.

I would think that Lee/Campoli and Foligno for Filatov and a mid-round pick would work for both sides.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum