GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators send Karlsson To Bingo

+25
Devo
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Sens19
M_Christopher
Hoags
beedub
Jordo
wprager
Vandelay
SDH89
jamvan
Phoenix30
shabbs
asq2
Bramlet07
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Hobiesens
PTFlea
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

106Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:55 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Well, hopefully this kid's confedence isnt totally crushed because he gave up A LOT to come here this year for a roster spot that was in Ottawa, sheltered by Alfi off the ice and Kuba on it.

Tough break for this kid.
If he's a professional, he'll understand. It's all part of the path to the NHL. Playing in the NHL is a privilege, not a right.

107Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 pm

It is, but now he has absolutely no support what so ever... it might not be a bad thing but something like this could really break a 19 year old kid. If he was Canadian or American he would be headed for Jr and have a lot of support, Bingo better give this kid all the support in the world because he is gping to need it.

108Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:07 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:It is, but now he has absolutely no support what so ever... it might not be a bad thing but something like this could really break a 19 year old kid. If he was Canadian or American he would be headed for Jr and have a lot of support, Bingo better give this kid all the support in the world because he is gping to need it.
True, and my comment cuts both ways, the Ottawa Senators need to be professional about it too and give him the support he needs to ensure there's no set back or that this won't help him.

109Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

If only we weren't stuck with Picard and Crapoli he could've stayed ....

110Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:If only we weren't stuck with Picard and Crapoli he could've stayed ....

In Picards defense, he was playing pretty good till the past two games.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

111Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:If only we weren't stuck with Picard and Crapoli he could've stayed ....

Yeah after I wrote that I remembered that Picard has played pretty well. It's that Islanders trade Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 489887

112Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:22 pm

M_Christopher wrote:

He bounced right back against Boston and played really well. He had 1 bad game, that was Nashville... that's it. The fact that he bouced back as strongly as he did against Bsoton is also another great sign for him and The Sens.

Picard playing well and stealing that 6th spot absolutely should not be held against him, that's a GOOD thing for The Sens... you're right.

113Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:24 pm

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:It is, but now he has absolutely no support what so ever... it might not be a bad thing but something like this could really break a 19 year old kid. If he was Canadian or American he would be headed for Jr and have a lot of support, Bingo better give this kid all the support in the world because he is gping to need it.
True, and my comment cuts both ways, the Ottawa Senators need to be professional about it too and give him the support he needs to ensure there's no set back or that this won't help him.

We'll see what kind of organization Bingo is now because this is a franchise D man in the making, we'll see if they can produce a gem now. Lee has been a dissapointment on every level but his attitude also sucks so...

114Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Somewhere down in Bingo, Lee now has a big smile on his face. Karlsson better be the one called up before him

I understand why Karlsson was sent down, but I hate it. I hate the fact that we have to waste roster spots and money on a guy like Campoli and not give Karlsson the chance to play. I really hope this is helps him more than hurt him.

Also, I have a question considering Murray did this primarily to save money; what happens if after lets say 2-3 weeks he calls Karlsson back up and keeps him here in Ottawa for a while?

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

115Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lee will get called up before Karlsson. If Karlsson is called up, then his ELC won't slide as he'll hit the 10 NHL game mark.

116Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:06 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Lee will get called up before Karlsson. If Karlsson is called up, then his ELC won't slide as he'll hit the 10 NHL game mark.

Ok but Murray said Karlsson would be recalled later in the season, if calling him up again would ruin the ELC slide then why send him down in the first place.

117Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens19 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Lee will get called up before Karlsson. If Karlsson is called up, then his ELC won't slide as he'll hit the 10 NHL game mark.

Ok but Murray said Karlsson would be recalled later in the season, if calling him up again would ruin the ELC slide then why send him down in the first place.
I believe he said "could" be recalled.

Anything's possible. If the flu or injuries decimate our blue line he'll have to be called up.

118Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Sens19 wrote:

I believe he said "could" be recalled.

Anything's possible. If the flu or injuries decimate our blue line he'll have to be called up.

Oh ok, I just really dont like Lee and I was happy with Karlsson's performance that I thought I wouldnt have to see Lee for awhile. Maybe we can package him with Campoli for a Doughty Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 747605

119Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm OK with karlsson going to bingo. i rather have him there for top minutes then in the SEL. should go a ways to trainning him thowards the n1 spot in ottawa. what i was more scared about is the senschirp rumour that cambell (and his horrible contract)would find it's way to ottawa... Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 853109

120Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I honestly am ambivalent about this move. I realize that playing with Campoli seriously cramped Karlsson's style, but that just goes to show that he has a long way to go as an NHL defenseman. I honestly did not see greatness from him yet. True, he didn't get a lot of PP time but it's not like everything clicked like magic when he was out there. He was given PP time in the pre-season as well, and obviously did not impress the coaching staff enough to give him that role in the regular season.

Obviously I'm not giving up on Karlsson, and I hope he comes back next season with a few more pounds and a chip on his shoulder to prove he's ready to be here full time. Let's not forget that Spezza -- a #2 overall -- wasn't exactly welcomed to the team with open arms. One season (or at least most of one season) in Bingo might actually make him more appreciative of the NHL lifestyle and keep him playing harder to stay here.

Does anyone really think that putting Karlsson in Bingo will make the Senators noticeably worse? Not likely. Would Karlsson do a better job than Campoli? Probably, but let's see what Campoli can do when paired up with a real NHL defenseman and not a 19-year-old undersized rookie. You see, the effects of that pairing go both ways.

121Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Flo The Action wrote:i'm OK with karlsson going to bingo. i rather have him there for top minutes then in the SEL. should go a ways to trainning him thowards the n1 spot in ottawa. what i was more scared about is the senschirp rumour that cambell (and his horrible contract)would find it's way to ottawa... Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 853109

Perhaps with a 1st rounder and Beech coming back as well. That's about it.

122Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Not even then. That contract is AWFUL.

123Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 8 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:31 pm

asq2 wrote:Not even then. That contract is AWFUL.

If you send out Cheechoo and Campoli for Beech, a 1st and Campbell... Id do it. Campbell is going to be an effective D man for a while even with that bad contract. You can also set yourself up nicely for the future with that move.

Ya, the contract is brutal but you have Michalek signed to a great deal, same with Alfi, The D will be on ELC for a while in Karlsson and Cowen, Lee IF he's up here wont be making tons, so on and on.

The Sens are in a position to take on a guy like Campbell at this point and lets face it, he's good for 50 points a year and will help any PP. He will be effective for at least 4 or 5 more years as a top offensive D man. He really could be what the Dr ordered for Ottawa, takes the pressure off a guy like Karlsson when he gets here eventually as well.

I'm not gonna pretend we wouldnt be doing the Hawks a favour but if the deal was a 1st, Beech, and Campbell for Cheechoo and Campoli, in a second I would pull the trigger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum