GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators send Karlsson To Bingo

+25
Devo
TheAvatar
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Sens19
M_Christopher
Hoags
beedub
Jordo
wprager
Vandelay
SDH89
jamvan
Phoenix30
shabbs
asq2
Bramlet07
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
LethalLehner
Hobiesens
PTFlea
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

211Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Asq2, you should apply for a coaching position with the Sens. They've got something like six now and could use some help Smile

Next season, with both Cowen and Karlsson likely here for good (and, who knows, Wiercioch may be pushing for a spot as well) they will have to split up Philchenkov. You cannot bring in two rookies and *not* pair them up with veterans. Since we only have 3 vets (I don't care how much experience any of the bottom 4 will have by then, none of them have anything to teach to the new guys) we can't have two of them playing together. We all see it, but does Clouston?

I'm glad Karlsson looks to be adjusting and contributing more -- hopefully the past two games are not just an aberration, but just a result of having adjusted to the new team, and the coach giving him more opportunities. But what's with the PP? I noticed the lack of movement as well in the game at SBP. This is his specialty. Is it coaching/system? Maybe they should put him and a forward on the back-end. Play a modified "torpedo" if you will, one guy on the back-end but with enough movement from him and the forwards so he's not covering the entire blue line. Kalrsson has a wicked shot from the point but if he's playing the right point he's not going to get a good one-timer.

I admit, I've only seen that one game. Is that what they usually do on the PP? If so, they need to have a chat with their PP coach (or hire one if they don't have one already).

212Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

That's MR. Asq2 to you. Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 555703 Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 159628

As far as Karlsson on the PP goes, I recall his immobility when without the puck being a bit of an/probably the only issue at the WJC, but it didn't seem to be a problem in the pre-season with Ottawa (ie, that deke and then pass to Kovalev).

I'm not a fan of putting him right point on the PP, since it prevents him from taking one-timers and from walking into the middle of the ice/slot with the puck, which is how he got his goals at the WJCs. But, he managed to score while on the right point in Sweden, as well as enabling him to make some nifty slap-passes into the slot. I just don't really see what benefit there is to keeping him there rather than putting him on the left.

I can't wait to see Karlsson - Wiercioch hammering it on goal on our PP in a few years. That's like Markov - Souray 2.0. Cowen's got a heavy shot as well.

213Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:43 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Congrats, Asq2! Welcome to "the club". Shabbs should be along pretty soon to give you his welcome as well,. and then Dave telling all of us that we're just fluffing to get our stats up.

214Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:56 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Fluffing?

215Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Me?

216Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Impossible.

217Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Laugh1

218Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

:KKK:

219Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You guys better be careful because I have the ability to knock you both down to Montagoslings. hahahaha. Where's my evil laugh emoticon? SpezD?

For now you'll have to imagine this guy laughing. evil

- Unknown Author

220Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Congrats, Asq2! Welcome to "the club". Shabbs should be along pretty soon to give you his welcome as well,. and then Dave telling all of us that we're just fluffing to get our stats up.
Fluffer.

And congrats to ASQ.

221Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:07 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Wow... according to Senschirp Lee is being sent down and Karlsson is being recalled. Shocking...

Karlsson Called Up, Lee Headed Down

Acording to Ian Mendes, Brian Lee has been returned to Binghamton. Meanwhile, Erik Karlsson has been recalled from Binghamton in a bit of a surprise move. Volchenkov may be ready to play tomorrow against Boston.

Karlsson will apparently play against the Bruins tomorrow night.

Its a tough break for Lee as he has played quite well since being called up. His two way contract makes him the obvious choice.

The Senators skated this morning but Daniel Alfredsson, Jason Spezza and Milke Fisher were all absent.

222Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Guess who's back... Karlsson's back... back again, back again, back again...

223Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston on Volchie: "game by game decision"

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/6117193407

I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

224Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Congrats, Asq2! Welcome to "the club". Shabbs should be along pretty soon to give you his welcome as well,. and then Dave telling all of us that we're just fluffing to get our stats up.
Look at you fluffing. Horrible.

225Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You guys better be careful because I have the ability to knock you both down to Montagoslings. hahahaha. Where's my evil laugh emoticon? SpezD?

For now you'll have to imagine this guy laughing. evil

Come on, Apollo. You wouldn't do it to a fellow Rocky fan, would you?

By the way, seeing as you are such a Rocky fan, what's Mick's last name? Quick, no google.

226Senators send Karlsson To Bingo - Page 15 Empty Re: Senators send Karlsson To Bingo Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Look at you fluffing. Horrible.

I'm looking. And it's beautiful! Brings a tear to me eye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum