GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to give vets a break

+9
KidKarlsson
Vandelay
SensFan71
Hoags
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

91Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm

What do you guys think of Murray? Does he stick his nose in Clouston's area too much or not. From what I watch and read on clouston he seems to be a great coach. Why is this Murray decision to give the vets a break?

92Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:38 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:What do you guys think of Murray? Does he stick his nose in Clouston's area too much or not. From what I watch and read on clouston he seems to be a great coach. Why is this Murray decision to give the vets a break?

This is from direct input from Clouston, I'm 99% positive.

93Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:What do you guys think of Murray? Does he stick his nose in Clouston's area too much or not. From what I watch and read on clouston he seems to be a great coach. Why is this Murray decision to give the vets a break?

This is from direct input from Clouston, I'm 99% positive.

A good approach. That way Clouston doesn't have to look like a complete Donkey to his players and he lets his GM feel in control at the same time.

94Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:43 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:So, then if Schubert is indeed punted, we can expect something along the lines of:

Forwards:
=========
Alfie - Spezza - Michalek
Cheechoo - Shannon - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Extra: Donovan

Defense:
========
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Carkner

Goal:
=====
Leclaire
Elliott

Total: 22-man roster - all dressed

So then Lee is demoted to Bingo period? Not even the 7th man? Or is this in a scenario where Lee is traded? That 2nd line could be quite good too.

95Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Here's my take on it... at the end of the day, the GM owns the roster. Naturally, a good GM will rely on input from his coaching staff to determine the final roster etc... The buck stops at Melnyk... but the roster stops at Murray... and the on-ice product/lines/combos/ice-time/etc... stops at Clouston. They all need to be on the same page in order for it to work well.

That's my take on it.

96Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm hoping the player's preseason successes carry over into the regular season, we don't need another Brandon Bochenski Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 812636

That being said I hope Cheechoo gets on the ball, I really like the guy and he seems to be doing the right things. Not sure why he gets so few shots/scoring chances.

97Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Hoags wrote:I'm hoping the player's preseason successes carry over into the regular season, we don't need another Brandon Bochenski Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 812636

That being said I hope Cheechoo gets on the ball, I really like the guy and he seems to be doing the right things. Not sure why he gets so few shots/scoring chances.

Bochenski was putting his chances in the back of the net, simple as that. Everyone knows Regin has good instincts, is a solid skater, and can do a lot of other things out there. Wouldnt compar the two at all.

98Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:05 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:I'm hoping the player's preseason successes carry over into the regular season, we don't need another Brandon Bochenski Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 812636

remember Alexander Kaigorodov? he was worse than Bochenski, however, if it was Peter Regin you were referring too, he is definitely neither of those, he is legit and will be a regular in the NHL for years to come.

99Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

They're not particularly similar players. Regin could survive in the league as a checker even if his offensive instincts didn't carry over. I don't think that will be the case, however.

100Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

remember Alexander Kaigorodov? he was worse than Bochenski, however, if it was Peter Regin you were referring too, he is definitely neither of those, he is legit and will be a regular in the NHL for years to come.

In Kaigorodov's case, his attitude is just completely different. A couple years ago, PR turned down quite a bit of money and what was essentially a career-long contract offered to him by Timra because he was determined to pursue a career with the Senators.

For all of Kaigorodov's skill, he possesses none of Regin's mental fortitude.

101Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

N4L wrote:

Bochenski was putting his chances in the back of the net, simple as that. Everyone knows Regin has good instincts, is a solid skater, and can do a lot of other things out there. Wouldnt compar the two at all.

Bochenski is a bum. I was working at the hotel he stayed at when trying to make the Senators. After chatting with him a few times it was pretty obvious that he was just a flash in the pan. Im surprised he's still in the league.

102Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Here's my take on it... at the end of the day, the GM owns the roster. Naturally, a good GM will rely on input from his coaching staff to determine the final roster etc... The buck stops at Melnyk... but the roster stops at Murray... and the on-ice product/lines/combos/ice-time/etc... stops at Clouston. They all need to be on the same page in order for it to work well.

That's my take on it.

I think it was very interesting that Murray said he intends to carry a 21 man roster, then Clouston was quoted saying he would like 22. There could be something there, and I am actually quite surprised Brennan or Garrioch didn't jump all over it.

103Murray to give vets a break - Page 7 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I think it was very interesting that Murray said he intends to carry a 21 man roster, then Clouston was quoted saying he would like 22. There could be something there, and I am actually quite surprised Brennan or Garrioch didn't jump all over it.
Yeah, I fully expected a glaring headline from BooBoo along the lines of...

"COACH AND GM IN DISAGREEMENT ABOUT ROSTER"

"TEAM IN PERIL AS GM AND COACH FEUD OVER ROSTER SIZE"

"LOCKER ROOM A MESS AS COACH AND GM ARGUE OVER ROSTER SIZE"

...yadda yadda yadda...

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum