GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to give vets a break

+9
KidKarlsson
Vandelay
SensFan71
Hoags
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am

N4L wrote:Intends and will are 2 different things.

is there a reason schubert is still on this team?

47Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:

someone needs to do team laundry and carry the sticks/gear to the plane.

48Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:

The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason I can think that Schubert is still getting a sniff is because he can play that dual role of forward and defense... but I think we're all of the mindset that he's on very thin ice and will most likely be waived or traded.

49Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 am

shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason I can think that Schubert is still getting a sniff is because he can play that dual role of forward and defense... but I think we're all of the mindset that he's on very thin ice and will most likely be waived or traded.

not to be rude.. nothign against you... but who cares if he can play d/f he doesn't do either very well.

50Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 am

shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

how about Zanon for Kelly and Schubert? win/win?

51Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 am

shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Thin ice? He crashed into the lake on a snowmobile.

52Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 am

DirtyDave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

I think you see Kelly go for picks or a mid teir forward prospect.

53Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

not to be rude.. nothign against you... but who cares if he can play d/f he doesn't do either very well.
For some reason, I think Murray liked the flexibility it gave him for injuries... but after his performance so far... I don't see that being a factor.

54Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:34 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

That they are...I like the proposed lineup with Regin and Fisher...makes for a Dung of offense with those top 3 lines. I just have a feeling that the players with one way contracts will be the ones dressed to start the season. Injuries happen so guys like Regin will get their shot but also, I'm sure Murray would like the vets to step up so he can get something for them in a trade and permanantly free up some spots for the young guns.

edit: I can't believe sh-it-acane is in the list of banned words

Last edited by Vandelay on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

55Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:34 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

Thin ice? He crashed into the lake on a snowmobile.
Laughing3

56Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:38 am

N4L wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:
shabbs wrote:
DirtyDave wrote:

I think you see Kelly go for picks or a mid teir forward prospect.

possibly but I liked my trade better... Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 639591

57Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:39 am

who knows, it will be an interesting season. It's good having that 13th forward around though, keeps everyone on their toes, same with that 7th D man.

58Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clouston seems to think they'll keep the current roster until after the final preseason game vs Boston and then carry 22-men...

Source: http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/09/21/11040751.html

"Clouston said the Senators will likely hang onto the 27 players on the roster until after Friday’s final exhibition game against the Boston Bruins. The club has team building activities planned next weekend in Ottawa and wants to carry 22 players."

I like that approach better.

59Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 am

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:So, then if Schubert is indeed punted, we can expect something along the lines of:

Forwards:
=========
Alfie - Spezza - Michalek
Cheechoo - Shannon - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Extra: Donovan

Defense:
========
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Carkner

Goal:
=====
Leclaire
Elliott

Total: 22-man roster - all dressed

maybe swap Alfie and Cheech?

60Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Further to the original post to start this thread...

(UPDATE 11:56 AM)- According to James Gordon's Twitter, Murray said this morning that there is no doubt Regin is ready to play in the NHL and he will now have to start calling other GM's about possible trades to make room.

-Senschirp

Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 639591 Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 50327

61Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I saw that too... here are the relevant tweets:

Bryan Murray just said he has to start making calls about potential trades because youngsters have been so good...needs roster spots...

Sens GM loooves Peter Regin: "He has turned Mike Fisher into a scoring machine."

Murray on Regin again: "There’s no question he’s ready to play in the NHL."

62Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Regin's a very good hockey player, I'm not surprised in the least that Murray wants to clear room for him.

63Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Further to the original post to start this thread...

(UPDATE 11:56 AM)- According to James Gordon's Twitter, Murray said this morning that there is no doubt Regin is ready to play in the NHL and he will now have to start calling other GM's about possible trades to make room.

-Senschirp

Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 639591 Murray to give vets a break - Page 4 50327

Nice! Very glad to see that. I suppose he has a bit of time to work it out with Winchester sidelined right?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum