GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to give vets a break

+9
KidKarlsson
Vandelay
SensFan71
Hoags
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

31Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 am

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:According to the CBA, the max size for an "active roster" is 23. This would include healthy scratches that don't dress but are considered active. So, my total of 23 is hitting the limit, but I guess it depends on what Murray means by 21-man roster. 21 on the ice or 21 active.

I think Murray starts the season with 22 honestly. He will let someone play themselves off the team the first few weeks of the season.
Starting with 22 makes more sense for the added flexibility...

Forwards:
=========
Alfie - Spezza - Michalek
Cheechoo - Kelly - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Ruutu - Neil - Donovan
Extra: Shannon

Defense:
========
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Schubert

Goal:
=====
Leclaire
Elliott

Total: 22-man roster - all dressed

Injured: Winchester
The rest: in Bingo or wherever...

Absolutely it makes more sense and he did say he'd like to get down to a 21 man roster not that he absolutely will. I agree with your lineup other than putting Shannon in Kelly's place and Kelly in Donovan's spot, then carry Donovan as the extra. At some point Schubert will be gone and then up comes Carkner I would suspect. After that if Murray really feels he wants a 21 man roster then we could expect one of Picard, Campoli or Kelly to be on their way out IMO.

I think I'd swap Foligno and Cheech from Shabbs line up... not used to having so many quality players to choose from.

32Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:Im gonna stop ya in your tracks here.... why is Schubert part of that? Carkner will 100% be the 7th D man if they decide to take 7. Also, I think Donovan will be that number 13 forward. Murray drafted and traded for Shannon, Clouston brought him up with him from Bingo... he will be top 9 all year.
Schubert's there because he's got a 1-way... so unless he's waived or traded he's gonna be in there somewhere. Waiving Shubert opens the door for Carkner... I'll give you that. We'll see if it actually happens.

There was no logic for the placement of Shannon as the 13th... I just didn't want to slot him on the 4th line... I agree he'll be in the top 9 for sure.

33Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:12 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, then if Schubert is indeed punted, we can expect something along the lines of:

Forwards:
=========
Cheechoo - Shannon - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Extra: Donovan

Defense:
========
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Carkner

Goal:
=====
Leclaire
Elliott

34Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:I think I'd swap Foligno and Cheech from Shabbs line up... not used to having so many quality players to choose from.
It will be interesting to see where Cheechoo lands... I think he has to start on the 2nd and then he'll either play his way onto the 3rd line or find his game and stay on the 2nd.

35Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 am

shabbs wrote:
N4L wrote:Im gonna stop ya in your tracks here.... why is Schubert part of that? Carkner will 100% be the 7th D man if they decide to take 7. Also, I think Donovan will be that number 13 forward. Murray drafted and traded for Shannon, Clouston brought him up with him from Bingo... he will be top 9 all year.
Schubert's there because he's got a 1-way... so unless he's waived or traded he's gonna be in there somewhere. Waiving Shubert opens the door for Carkner... I'll give you that. We'll see if it actually happens.

There was no logic for the placement of Shannon as the 13th... I just didn't want to slot him on the 4th line... I agree he'll be in the top 9 for sure.

1 way contract or not, he is getting waived for sure, if he somehow gets through waivers then he will be sent down to Bingo. Carkner does his job and does it better, more of a team guy, and you will NEVER hear him complain or anything of the sort. Carkner is happy to be there Schubert was crying last year because he actually thought he was an asset to someone.

36Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 am

Why are people so set on giving the lines numbers? We will have 2 seconds lines it's pretty simple. The 2nd and 3rd line will have identicle minutes throughout the year.

37Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:So, then if Schubert is indeed punted, we can expect something along the lines of:

Forwards:
=========
Cheechoo - Shannon - Kovalev
Foligno - Regin - Fisher
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil
Extra: Donovan

Defense:
========
Phillips - Volchie
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Picard
Extra: Carkner

Goal:
=====
Leclaire
Elliott

I like the line combos and D pairings as well as the roster as a whole of course. I will just add that I would consider Alfie and Kovalev interchangable on those two lines depending on chemistry. There certainly seems to be chemistry forming on that third line and I liked what occured last night with Spezza, Kovalev and Michalek.

- Unknown Author

38Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:21 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Why are people so set on giving the lines numbers? We will have 2 seconds lines it's pretty simple. The 2nd and 3rd line will have identicle minutes throughout the year.

I have no problem re-labelling them 1, 1a, 2, and 3. Looking at the roster that is how I see it. The minutes will definetly be close between lines 1a and 2 because I suspect line 2 will be given a lot of PK minutes.

- Unknown Author

39Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

N4L wrote:Why are people so set on giving the lines numbers? We will have 2 seconds lines it's pretty simple. The 2nd and 3rd line will have identicle minutes throughout the year.

to upset you.

40Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

N4L wrote:
shabbs wrote:

1 way contract or not, he is getting waived for sure, if he somehow gets through waivers then he will be sent down to Bingo. Carkner does his job and does it better, more of a team guy, and you will NEVER hear him complain or anything of the sort. Carkner is happy to be there Schubert was crying last year because he actually thought he was an asset to someone.
Yeah, for all the complaining that Schubert did last season... Carkner would be a welcome, fresh face.

41Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 am

Well Diddle that!

42Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 am

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

From this morning's sun:

"Murray said the club intends to keep 21 players."

43Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am

Intends and will are 2 different things.

44Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's the nature of the beast...

Wink

I agree though... the 2nd and 3rd lines are so close they're pretty much interchangeable. That will allow Clouston to spread out the minutes as he sees fit and not burn the Diddle out of the top line like Paddock loved to do.

45Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:

to upset you.
Laughing3

46Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 am

N4L wrote:Intends and will are 2 different things.

is there a reason schubert is still on this team?

47Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:

someone needs to do team laundry and carry the sticks/gear to the plane.

48Murray to give vets a break - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DirtyDave wrote:

The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason I can think that Schubert is still getting a sniff is because he can play that dual role of forward and defense... but I think we're all of the mindset that he's on very thin ice and will most likely be waived or traded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum