GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Give the Sens Players nicknames

+6
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SensFan71
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

No this is not a hoax, read this over at the Sun, so if there is anyone creative enough to want to submit some nicknames, the link is below.
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/columnists/earl_mcrae/2009/10/20/11467776.html

2Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:21 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

First of all, Alfie is a legendary nickname that is never going to change. What this guy wants is those stupid little, cheesy names kids used to give themselves at laserquest, or in video games, like Dark Steel, Lone Wolf, or Rogue Warrior.

I like calling our players short forms of their names, and no, not all of them is an added ee sound. I call Fisher, Fish; Kuba is Koobs; Pascal Leclaire is P le C (makes a great chant).

But apparently, my unwillingness to call Matt Carkner the Jack Hammer makes me uncreative. Woe is me.

3Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well nuts to him for wanting to go the cheesy root, I like your creation for Leclaire, that is wicked, and well some people around here like to call Carkner MC Hammer, but Jack Hammer works too (same level of creativity in my opinion)

4Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:well nuts to him for wanting to go the cheesy root, I like your creation for Leclaire, that is wicked, and well some people around here like to call Carkner MC Hammer, but Jack Hammer works too (same level of creativity in my opinion)

I actually like to call Carkner: Carks. And I can't take credit for P le C, my friend came up with that, but i'm helping to spread the word.

I also like how this guy says a great nickname is Gazza. Apparently shortening a name and adding 'ie' is weak, bur shortening a name and adding 'zza' is incredible. In which case, I think we should take Spezza, and call him... Spezza!

5Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:44 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Damnit! I lost my post.... here we go again:

Alfie is a classic, but if you must... ALF as in 'Alien Life Form' cause he is out of this world, or Gordon Shumway from Melmac.

A-Train is also a classic, but he is also affectionately known as the 'Russian Bear'.

Fisher, or 'Mikey Blue Eyes' from the Hugh Grant film '"Mickey Blue Eyes". Created by the same guy who started the "Sens City" campaign when Sin City came out.

Nick Foligno... The Hulk, who was first portrayed by Lou Ferrigno. Cause he is so strong on the puck.

Phillps = CP4, much like CB4 (Chris Bosh).

Michalek = M&M, or 2000/2K, or M2, or stealing back a classic 'Mach 9'... or 'Mich 9''

Cheechoo - The Moose (as in hailing from Moose Factory).

And I still really like MC Hammer... Stop!... Hammer Time!

And Winchester - The Rifleman, Regin - the Great Dane

6Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I am definitely for Mich 9, that guy is like a bullet on the ice, good job Dash, The Moose definitely works for Cheechoo. Alfie is a time honoured tradition and I am sure most of us agree, should not be toyed with.

7Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Damnit! I lost my post.... here we go again:

Alfie is a classic, but if you must... ALF as in 'Alien Life Form' cause he is out of this world, or Gordon Shumway from Melmac.

A-Train is also a classic, but he is also affectionately known as the 'Russian Bear'.

Fisher, or 'Mikey Blue Eyes' from the Hugh Grant film '"Mickey Blue Eyes". Created by the same guy who started the "Sens City" campaign when Sin City came out.

Nick Foligno... The Hulk, who was first portrayed by Lou Ferrigno. Cause he is so strong on the puck.

Phillps = CP4, much like CB4 (Chris Bosh).

Michalek = M&M, or 2000/2K, or M2, or stealing back a classic 'Mach 9'... or 'Mich 9''

Cheechoo - The Moose (as in hailing from Moose Factory).

And I still really like MC Hammer... Stop!... Hammer Time!

And Winchester - The Rifleman, Regin - the Great Dane

Nice and simple, me likely.

8Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

On a funny side note, a family friend bought a Jason Spezza t-shirt in the Mississauga area for like $3 bucks and it wasn't until later when someone pointed out that it actually says "Speeza"... now that is hilarious and I think would be funny to wear on purpose.

9Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:22 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alfredsson - Cap'n Clutch or the classic Alfie
Spezza - Spaz
Kovalev - AK27
Michalek - Mach 9 version 2.0, I also like Mich 9
Cheechoo - It's gotta be the Cheechoo Train
Fisher - Mikey Blue Eyes is cool. I'm OK with the classic Fish though
Regin - Danish - I also like the Great Dane though
Neil - My wife calls him Cutie Pie. I prefer Neiler
Foligno - (insert shoulder shrug smilie here)
Ruutu - Buffalo chicken fingers
Kelly - Stone hands
Donovan - Dono is OK. Jason York calls him Chum
Winchester - Winch?
Shannon - Speedy gonzalas (Take out gonzalas for the Politically correct version)
Phillips - Big Rig or the classic Phillie
Volchenkov - A-Train or Volchie
Kuba - Koobs
Karlsson - Swede ride
Carkner - Hammer-time or The Hammer
Picard - Ice PIK
Campoli - Camper

Elliott - ET (phone home)
Leclaire - Chocolate (Eclaire)

- Unknown Author

10Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:32 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

My friend has a really good one for Peter Regin, calling him Ronald Regin. And when we play Edmonton, and more specifically Khabibulin (the Bulin wall) Regin can say: "Tear down this wall!"

He can actually make an entire parody of Reagan's speech during the post game interview, and assuming the win, substituting Mr Gorbachev for Mr (Game winner's last name).

11Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't Leclaire "Snoopy" already?

I like Mich-9, it connects well to our past.

12Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:05 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Isn't Leclaire "Snoopy" already?

I like Mich-9, it connects well to our past.

I think I heard during a game that Snoopy is what his father called him when he was younger, and that is the reason he always has snoopy on the back of his mask.

13Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:07 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

love Ice Pik, that is a great one Clutch.

14Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:44 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Winchester is frequently called Winnie by some of the players.

15Give the Sens Players nicknames Empty Re: Give the Sens Players nicknames Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ElliottRules wrote:Winchester is frequently called Winnie by some of the players.

Winnie works well because if he has a great game you can say Winnie is the Pooh! Smile

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum