GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens Players - The Best and the Worst

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sens Players - The Best and the Worst Empty Sens Players - The Best and the Worst Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since the Season is essentially over for the Sens and the report card thread is done and the thread on whether or not the Sens were the biggest disappointment in the league has been done I thought it was time to throw my two cents in and come up with some "Awards" for a lack of a better term.

MVP - Alfredsson - The leader of this team and led the team in points. Comes back from Knee surgery and a busted Jaw missing a total of 2 games.

Hardest worker - Anton Volchenkov - Wears his heart on his sleeve, actually continued to block shots when most of the team appeared to not care.

Most improved player - Nick Foligno - This guy was lost Ahhhhh! . Clouston comes in and he becomes a bonafide second line winger and is up to 16 goals on the season.

Most pleasant surprise - Ryan Shannon - This little guy has come to life and has found a home on the second line. This is a true feel good story and I hope it continues for many seasons to come for this little guy.

Playing Above Expectations - Filip Kuba - This guy has played well beyond what I thought he was capable of. His Offense was a pleasant surprise but it's his Defensive abilities that have really impressed me. If not for Alfie Kuba would have won the MVP for the Sens IMO. Remember the Sens record when Kuba got injured on that crucial 8 game road trip?

Biggest Disappointment - Dany Heatley - His lasy play and time he took off during shifts were tolerated when he was in the 40 to 50 goal range and 100 pt plus totals. It was also easier to take when he wasn't wearing the A. He was supposed to be a leader on this team and under Clouston he's continued to slide. He has played well below his abilities and has taken way too many shifts and nights off for someone who is supposed to lead this team.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

I agree with all of that, you can make a case for Kuba being the teams MVP, but I think it is Alfi as well.

Heatley was defently this teams biggest disapointment.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:I agree with all of that, you can make a case for Kuba being the teams MVP, but I think it is Alfi as well.

Heatley was defently this teams biggest disapointment.

Yeah Kuba has played above my expectations. I'm going to add an Award.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It has been extremely frustrating and disappointing to see Heatley's performance be so bad this season... for someone who's had a history of delivering when needed and putting in the effort night after night... to see him lilly-dip at times this year, mail it in and look like he didn't even want to be there is really heart breaking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum