GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who has the Worst Contract?

+2
PTFlea
spader
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:08 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

There are some atrocious contracts out there right now, but I want to know which one is the worst. What do you think folks?

Is it Bolland's $5.5M x 5 monstrosity? What about Weiss's (likely) 5-year IR stint? Orpik is getting paid $6.5 million next year, FFS.

There are way too many bad contracts to go through, but what do you think?

Who has the worst contract in the nhl?

2Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Clarkson.

3Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bolland's contract isn't "awful" and I don't even think it's bad. Look at him and Dubinksy, both the same kind of 2nd/3rd line tweener but more of a 3rd liner who knows how to play their roles. Bolland is making maybe a little more than what he's worth but not much.

Clarkson' contract is awful for sure...Vinny is up there as well even if it was signed last year, NJ has signed Clowe and Cammelari to some stupid deals, but the worst contract by a mile is Pouliot at 5 years, 20 mil. No idea why on earth he would make that kind of coin when he was fighting for his NHL life last year. But hey! That's the Oilers.

4Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

alexender semin or Jordan stall are looking pretty bad right now.

niskanen could possibly end up being a real flop. let's see what he looks like away from malkin and crosby.

also i think steve mason could possibly flop out in philly.

and ya Orpik will probably prove to be terrible by mid-point

I want to see another year of clarkson to form an opinion. although playing under carlyle again probably won't help his cause.

5Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pronger's got to be up there -- nearly $5M for three more years and he's not even going to play.

6Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah I agree. Bolland is a good player, he'll earn that money.

7Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah I agree. Bolland is a good player, he'll earn that money.

They should just start giving out contracts that have playoff clauses because some players are definitely hired on for what they can do in the playoffs. And if your team misses the playoffs then the guy becomes a $5M 3rd liner.

8Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:12 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Polak's deal might be worth consideration as well.

9Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Orpik's deal is the worst.

10Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:07 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll still say Pouliot because he really has never done a thing in the NHL. A guy that will completely mail it in IMO.

11Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My deal's the worst -- because I don't have one Sad

12Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Orpik's deal is the worst.

I think that's probably the winner.

13Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:Polak's deal might be worth consideration as well.

Whoops. This is wrong. I have no idea who I meant, but there's nothing wrong with Polak's deal. I might have had multiple capgeek pages open and looked at the wrong one.

Nothing to see here.

In other news, the Leafs only have 4 D signed right now. Unless they promote Percy or Finn (or, LOL, Korbinian Holzer), they need to get their RFA guys (Gardiner and Franson) signed.

14Who has the Worst Contract? Empty Re: Who has the Worst Contract? Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:58 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Clarkson.

I actually kind of forgot about his contract. 5 goals and 11 points is terrible when you make $5.25M. What's worse though is that his contract can't be bought out. He only makes $1M a year in NHL salary, the rest is signing bonus which can't be bought out. If the Leafs bought him out, they'd save almost nothing.

His contract is bad on its face, but it's much worse when you actually look at it.

Just delicious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum