GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 Worst contracts in the NHL

+6
dennycrane
Riprock
SensGirl11
PKC
SensFan71
Number Twenty Nine
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

110 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12905378/ten-worst-contracts-expensive-mistakes-linger/rss

Do you agree? I definitely agree with #1 worst.

210 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:43 am

Dont agree with Liles being where he is or Cheechoo being top 5.

310 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 am

Our mention hurts, although it is cheapest on this list.

Not sure how Cheechoo's contract is worse than Fingers? but whatever.

410 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:46 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

at least Cheechoo is playing for us, Finger has either been hurt most of the year or a healthy scratch has he not? I guess what I am meaning is that Cheechoo's contract shouldn't be worse than Finger's since he is some use to us.

510 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:Our mention hurts, although it is cheapest on this list.

Not sure how Cheechoo's contract is worse than Fingers? but whatever.

I don't endorse putting a guy on the list who's major downfall has been his injuries which have impacted his game (Cheechoo), no less at $3-million. If he had about 15 more points (which with luck he could have) no body would be talking about this guy on the list.

Personally I'm surprised Chris Drury didn't make the list.

610 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:02 am

They missed a few huge mistakes.

Drury - term and dollars were both too much
Brind'amour - we all knew that was a huge term for an old player
Penner - Earning the money this year on the league's worst team
J. Blake - I really miss JFJ
Toskala - Toronto's Gerber
Pronger - He has a cap hit over 5M until he is 62 years old.
Spacek/Gill/Hamrlik - Each one was a somewhat bad contract but when you look at all 3 together, wow.

710 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I think we're at least getting 1.5 worth out of Cheechoo, so we're only losing 1.5 right?

810 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I agree with;

Redden
Horcoff- although they're having a terrible year
Cheechoo
Commodore - Facepalm
Finger would be number 2 for me for worse, behind Redden

The others on the list are okay.

910 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why isn't Dipietro on the list?

1010 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

RobbyJ wrote:They missed a few huge mistakes.

Drury - term and dollars were both too much
Brind'amour - we all knew that was a huge term for an old player
Penner - Earning the money this year on the league's worst team
J. Blake - I really miss JFJ
Toskala - Toronto's Gerber
Pronger - He has a cap hit over 5M until he is 62 years old.
Spacek/Gill/Hamrlik - Each one was a somewhat bad contract but when you look at all 3 together, wow.

At least Toronto was able to turn their Toskala into a JS Giguere. How long will his stellar play last? I give it another week, if that.

1110 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin are awful contracts - way too much money! Obviously they are three of, if not, the best players in the league, but those contracts can do more harm than good. The cheapest of the three are almost $1Million more than the next highest paid player. That is some good money that could be used elsewhere on those teams.

1210 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Brian Campbell....great money for being the #4 or 5 d-man on your team. I'm so happy Bryan Murray walked away from that guy.

1310 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:42 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Brian Campbell....great money for being the #4 or 5 d-man on your team. I'm so happy Bryan Murray walked away from that guy.

It looks like he made another good decision on walking away from signing a UFA to insane money and term. Plus, we already have our own replacement, albeit without the top end point production that Campbell has yet, for much cheaper.

And I'm fairly confident in saying that Karlsson is going to be a significantly better offensive defenseman than Campbell going forward.

1410 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bouwmeester's looking just as bad as Soupy as well. Awful game last night to go with his awful season.

1510 Worst contracts in the NHL Empty Re: 10 Worst contracts in the NHL Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Bouwmeester's looking just as bad as Soupy as well. Awful game last night to go with his awful season.

I tweeted yesterday "anyone who didn't know why JayBo didn't make TC should watch tonight's game against Ottawa"
It's looking like he's a bust in Calgary so far. Somewhat premature to label him that, but everyone was saying, wait until he's on a better team with better players around him, then he's really gonna shine...not so much, so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum