GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray to give vets a break

+9
KidKarlsson
Vandelay
SensFan71
Hoags
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I saw that too... here are the relevant tweets:

Bryan Murray just said he has to start making calls about potential trades because youngsters have been so good...needs roster spots...

Sens GM loooves Peter Regin: "He has turned Mike Fisher into a scoring machine."

Murray on Regin again: "There’s no question he’s ready to play in the NHL."

62Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Regin's a very good hockey player, I'm not surprised in the least that Murray wants to clear room for him.

63Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Further to the original post to start this thread...

(UPDATE 11:56 AM)- According to James Gordon's Twitter, Murray said this morning that there is no doubt Regin is ready to play in the NHL and he will now have to start calling other GM's about possible trades to make room.

-Senschirp

Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 639591 Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 50327

Nice! Very glad to see that. I suppose he has a bit of time to work it out with Winchester sidelined right?

64Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The death knell for Schubert.

Wink

65Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Regin's a very good hockey player, I'm not surprised in the least that Murray wants to clear room for him.

Anyone who can turn Mike Fisher into a scoring machine is much better than just a "very good hockey player". Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 807786

66Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Guaranteed Schubert will be waived before Friday's game.

67Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Regin's a very good hockey player, I'm not surprised in the least that Murray wants to clear room for him.

Anyone who can turn Mike Fisher into a scoring machine is much better than just a "very good hockey player". Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 807786
Fisher should buy him dinner... EVERY NIGHT.

68Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Guaranteed Schubert will be waived before Friday's game.
Really...

I think they'll wait until after the final preseason game.

69Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The smart thing to do would be to trade or even waive Kelly. It doesn't look like Cheechoo will be anything more than a 3rd liner now. So you're essentially looking at over 5 million between those two guys. Schubert, despite being the favourite whipping boy of The Booboo, is not overpaid for what he does. Can you say the same for Kelly?

70Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I still don't think there's any guarantee they waive him. They don't want to pay him to play in the AHL. I definitely wouldn't bet on him being there before the end of the pre-season.

71Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More on Murray looking to make some trades...

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitizen/blogs/hockeycapital/archive/2009/09/22/emerging-prospects-forcing-murray-to-think-trade.aspx

Regin and Karlsson are no doubt front and center for making the club.

72Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who would make a good trade-partner to move Schubie? Nashville? Columbus? Dallas? Atlanta? LA?

I assume Murray would only want a pick/prospect coming back... as he's trying to free up a roster spot... not acquire a roster player.

73Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

What are the chances BM can actually find a trade partner at this time of year ?

Especially for the rumored players on the trade block, who have supposedly been shopped around before ?

74Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:What are the chances BM can actually find a trade partner at this time of year ?

Especially for the rumored players on the trade block, who have supposedly been shopped around before ?
I guess he'd have to hope to find a team that runs into the injury bug early...

75Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Chicago is missing Burish now for 6 months, would they have interest in Kelly? I only say this because I am unaware of Burish's role on the Hawks.

76Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:Chicago is missing Burish now for 6 months, would they have interest in Kelly? I only say this because I am unaware of Burish's role on the Hawks.
Burish is a key player on their PK... a Kelly acquisition may be in the cards there with his PK skills...

Hmmm....

77Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Chicago is missing Burish now for 6 months, would they have interest in Kelly? I only say this because I am unaware of Burish's role on the Hawks.
Burish is a key player on their PK... a Kelly acquisition may be in the cards there with his PK skills...

Hmmm....

a commencement of the swirlings, we can throw in Schubert as a bonus if they need a swingman on their D/F corps.

78Murray to give vets a break - Page 5 Empty Re: Murray to give vets a break Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Hmmm....

a commencement of the swirlings, we can throw in Schubert as a bonus if they need a swingman on their D/F corps.
Meh... with their cap situation... would they even have the room?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum