GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Line Predictions:

+23
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
strachattack
jamvan
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Riprock
shabbs
spader
asq2
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
PTFlea
Jordo
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

91Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:33 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Unless Donovan and/or Schubert are injured and Murray doesn't make any more moves... I don't see Regin or Z. Smith in the line-up to start the season, unless we're looking to start with a 23-man roster.

Schubert will be penciled in as a D. Regin will not make this team for certain, he's not quite ready and has a few more lessons to learn before that happens.

It would not surprise me to see Smith make it, but I could also see them making him a captain in Bingo and telling him to take over that team under teh guidance of D Hamel.

92Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
You got this game on thursday?!?!?! You bastard!!! I've been counting every hour, losing sleep over playing this game (no, i don't have a life). I'm going on a quest in the morning to find this game in Halifax.

Oh..I feel badly, I really do. Mel and I were taking turns clawing nerds to death in the Wolverine game, so we didn't even play it that much. Meh...sorry.. Ahhhhh!

93Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:37 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:I think Mark leaving Kelly off his list is good enough for and E3! Line Predictions: - Page 7 455378

I think Mark did it because Kelly ran Leclaire in practice on Saturday, no need to damage the Goalie before the season starts.

yeah Kelly deserves a stink in Bingo for that

a stink or a stint??? Line Predictions: - Page 7 455378

Laughing3

94Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Regin was injured, I think he didn't even play the last game.

95Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was dicking around at HB for whatever reason. Can this work:

Cheechoo - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Foligno - Kovalev
Kelly - Fisher - Shannon
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil

As people were saying, Foligno dominated as a center with the Sudbury Wolves - Fisher is destined to check the hell out of teams with Kelly and Shannon.

96Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:26 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:I was dicking around at HB for whatever reason. Can this work:

Kelly - Fisher - Shannon

As people were saying, Foligno dominated as a center with the Sudbury Wolves - Fisher is destined to check the hell out of teams with Kelly and Shannon.

It all depends on chemistry and what Clouston likes but on paper this gets a :n: from me. I remember Foligno claiming he prefers playing centre sometime last season. We'll see...

97Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I was dicking around at HB for whatever reason. Can this work:

Kelly - Fisher - Shannon

The only problem here is that Alfie and Cheechoo are both RW. I don't know how this could work...

98Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We need one of the guys to learn LW...won't be easy.

99Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
The only problem here is that Alfie and Cheechoo are both RW. I don't know how this could work...

He played LW with San Joser last season, but that was when McLeland (sp) didn't have much faith in him. He's a natural LW on the PP because he's got that laser beam from the hash marks. If there's one particular guy on the roster who I think could make the transition it's Cheechoo - and/or maybe Alfie or Kovalev.

100Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

He played LW with San Joser last season, but that was when McLeland (sp) didn't have much faith in him. He's a natural LW on the PP because he's got that laser beam from the hash marks. If there's one particular guy on the roster who I think could make the transition it's Cheechoo - and/or maybe Alfie or Kovalev.

Alfie is a god and can play any position you throw in front of him, pretty certain if you threw pads on him, he would find a way to succeed.

101Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
Alfie is a god and can play any position you throw in front of him, pretty certain if you threw pads on him, he would find a way to succeed.

You put a player on a wing where he's not comfortable and it's a matter of time until someone levels him.

102Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Dash wrote:I'll go with what I have been using in NHL 10.

Michalek - Spezza- Alfredsson
Cheechoo-Kelly-Kovalev
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil

Karlsson-Phillips
Voclhenkov-Campoli
Kuba-Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

I will replace Kelly with Regin or Smith when I edit them to my liking from their ridiculously low overalls.

How do you have NHL 10?

I got this store by my house in Brampton that has no probs breaking street date, which is great for me, so I picked up a couple of copies on my way to Ottawa and sold both. They released it Thursday. I'll pick up my own copy when I go back, but I was told Gamestop (where I preodered) only got 10 of the Kane 88 DLC coupons for 60 pre-orders... B.S. Hopefully EA sens everyone who didn't get one a redeemable code.

103Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Kelly - Fisher - Shannon

They're good lines, but I still think Shannon is your more likely top-6 forward (in comp to Fol and Fish).. Read an article in the paper today about him: says he wants to solidify himself there; knows there's even more competition now.

Shannon also put up better numbers over the last 20 games than Fol or Fish.

These lines look mighty sweet to me:

Cheechoo-Spezza-Alfie
Michalek-Shannon-Kovalev
(btw I could care less who plays which line on the wing. i.e. Alfie or Kovie on L1..)
Foligno-Fisher-Winchester
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Best bruising bottom-6 in the NHL Line Predictions: - Page 7 472966
Very solid and deep top-6.

104Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:36 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I like it.

105Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Has Cheechoo LW'd before? We're all kinda pencilling him in at that position.

106Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Has Cheechoo LW'd before? We're all kinda pencilling him in at that position.

On San Joser last year he was LW (12 goals to show Ahhhhh! ) and I believe he patrols the left side on power plays because he has that killer one timer.

I wouldn't say he's the be all to end all, but instead of playing with Grier on the LW, he'll be with Spezza and Alfie/Kovalev, so he should be able to adapt quick?

107Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:42 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:Let's assume that Heatley's back, Karlsson is the only one to make the big club- what do your lineups look like? I'll start:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Heatley-Fisher-Alfredsson
Shannon-Kelly-Donovan/Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

The top left wingers in heatley and Foligno, are obviously interchangeable... I just figured you could really spread out the scoring among those top two lines by putting Heatley on the 2nd, not to mention diminishing his role to make his argument worthy.

How about that first PP line?

Remember that? What a wretched bottom 6.

That was then and this is now. Here's my prediction:

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Michalek/ZBad/Stone
Chiasson/Legwand/Lazar
Greening/Smith/Neil
Grant

Cowen/Karlsson
Methot/Borowiecki
Wiercioch/Phillips
Gryba/Ceci

Andy
Lehner

Grant comes up. Hoffman and Condra traded to Buffalo for pick(s). Boro and Methot find immediate chemistry and show why the Sens have Boro locked up longer than any D not named Karlsson. The 2nd/3rd lines get almost equal ice time. PW gets a ton of PP time and explodes on the score sheet.

http://capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/41176

108Line Predictions: - Page 7 Empty Re: Line Predictions: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cheechoo!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum