GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Line Predictions:

+23
DefenceWinsChampionships
mattshock
strachattack
jamvan
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
Amnesia021
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
SensFan71
Riprock
shabbs
spader
asq2
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PKC
PTFlea
Jordo
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

1Line Predictions: Empty Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Let's assume that Heatley's back, Karlsson is the only one to make the big club- what do your lineups look like? I'll start:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Heatley-Fisher-Alfredsson
Shannon-Kelly-Donovan/Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

The top left wingers in heatley and Foligno, are obviously interchangeable... I just figured you could really spread out the scoring among those top two lines by putting Heatley on the 2nd, not to mention diminishing his role to make his argument worthy.

How about that first PP line?

2Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 am

I think those D pairings are perfect. Goaltending obviously the way its going to be. Forwards, no clue how it will shape up.

3Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to move Alfie to Fisher's line:

Heatley - Spezza - Kovalev
Foligno - Fisher - Alfredsson
Kelly - Regin - Shannon
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil
extra: Donovan

Kuba - Campoli
Phillips - Volchenkov
Lee - Picard
extra: Schubert

If Karlsson plays:

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Lee
Volchenkov - Campoli

4Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:27 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley - Spezza - Kovalev
Smith - Kelly - Shannon

Ex: Donovan. Schubert, Bass, Regin

Kuba - Volchenkov
Phillips - Karlsson
Campoli - Lee

Ex: Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

5Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Heatley - Spezza - Kovalev
Smith - Kelly - Shannon

Ex: Donovan. Schubert, Bass, Regin

Kuba - Volchenkov
Phillips - Karlsson
Campoli - Lee

Ex: Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

Ahhhhh! We're close. I would be just fine with Z.Smith on line 3 instead of Regin - maybe give them both an audition at some point. I'm confident that Regin will get his shot and stick at some point anyway.

6Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:33 am

Ya, I like Karlsson with Kuba, not Phillips. Kuba is a perfect compliment to an offensive rookie d man coming into the league. Both can pass, both can shoot, Kuba has the expierence to make up for a lot of Karlsson's mistake and keep him from getting run hard with smart plays out of the zone.

I dont like Phillips with Karlsson personally just because he lacks what Karlsson needs and thats a guy who can move the puck without much effort and has the ability to really keep Karlsson out of trouble and make his mistakes look a little less obvious.

7Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Ya, I like Karlsson with Kuba, not Phillips. Kuba is a perfect compliment to an offensive rookie d man coming into the league. Both can pass, both can shoot, Kuba has the expierence to make up for a lot of Karlsson's mistake and keep him from getting run hard with smart plays out of the zone.

I dont like Phillips with Karlsson personally just because he lacks what Karlsson needs and thats a guy who can move the puck without much effort and has the ability to really keep Karlsson out of trouble and make his mistakes look a little less obvious.

For sure. Kuba can help a lot (just not really Picard).

8Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Man, a Heatley/Spezza/Kovalev line would be RIDICULOUS. Best line in the league?

9Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:50 am

Jordo wrote:Man, a Heatley/Spezza/Kovalev line would be RIDICULOUS. Best line in the league?

Not if it was last year.

10Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

About the only thing I'd question is that 1st PP unit. Kovalev kills on the half-boards, so I wouldn't out him on the point (he moves around and ends up there as part of the play anyway, I just wouldn't put him there to start). Also I am not at all sold on Kuba for the PP as he does not shoot, or at least not quickly. Karlsson should be at least tried on the top unit. I like Shannon there as well.

Jordo wrote:Let's assume that Heatley's back, Karlsson is the only one to make the big club- what do your lineups look like? I'll start:

Foligno-Spezza-Kovalev
Heatley-Fisher-Alfredsson
Shannon-Kelly-Donovan/Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Neil

Donovan/Winchester
Schubert

Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Lee/Picard

Lee/Picard

Leclaire
Elliott

PP1
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Kuba-Kovalev

PP2
Foligno-Fisher-Shannon
Phillips-Karlsson

The top left wingers in heatley and Foligno, are obviously interchangeable... I just figured you could really spread out the scoring among those top two lines by putting Heatley on the 2nd, not to mention diminishing his role to make his argument worthy.

How about that first PP line?

11Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:About the only thing I'd question is that 1st PP unit. Kovalev kills on the half-boards, so I wouldn't out him on the point (he moves around and ends up there as part of the play anyway, I just wouldn't put him there to start). Also I am not at all sold on Kuba for the PP as he does not shoot, or at least not quickly. Karlsson should be at least tried on the top unit. I like Shannon there as well.

One of the top half-board guys in the game. Kuba and Alfie - and if Alfie isn't comfortable, Campoli, Karlsson, Picard or Shannon.

12Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know about predicting the whole lineup but this is how I see the top 6 forwards and top 4 D looking.

Alfie - Spezza - Heatley

Kovalev - Fisher - Foligno

This provides the least amount of disruption and had they not picked up Kovaleve it would have been Shannon in his place. I personally see them starting the season this way at least.

Kuba - Karlsson
Phillips - Volchie

This assumes Karlsson makes the team. If he does he'll likely be given every opportunity to stick as a top pairing offensive D man and pairing him with Kuba seems to make the most sense. Now if Karlsson doesn't make the team then your guess is as good as mine being that it'll be one of Campoli, Picard or Lee in his place.

- Unknown Author

13Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 am

N4L wrote:Ya, I like Karlsson with Kuba, not Phillips. Kuba is a perfect compliment to an offensive rookie d man coming into the league. Both can pass, both can shoot, Kuba has the expierence to make up for a lot of Karlsson's mistake and keep him from getting run hard with smart plays out of the zone.

If ANYONE has the ability to do that....its Phillips. His passing is far better than most people give him credit for and he would insulate Karlsson defensively like no one else on this team. He's a better initial partner/mentor for Karlsson than 25 other teams even have on their roster...

Kuba can definitely do it too and he certainly is a better passer, but Phillips is the guy Imo.

14Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am

Ya, I just like Kuba there. Phillips does have a tendancy to get into some sticky situations and Kuba uses the KISS method more often then not. Kuba just plays a more inteligent game which I think is a little more benificial to Karlsson.

Either way, Karlsson will be in that top 4 by Nov/Dec

15Line Predictions: Empty Re: Line Predictions: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Kuba there as well - although I'll admit to being nervous after the way he and Picard played.

If anything right now, I'd like to see Phillips and Volchenkov split up. I think that benefits Lee and Campoli and Picard a lot personally. They can pair up on the PP, but at even strength? Gotta have some semblance of puck moving ability there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum