GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Original" TGOR

+22
NEELY
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
PTFlea
spader
Jimbotron
ddt
SensHulk
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
Snuh
Acrobat
wprager
TheAvatar
beedub
Nasty Nas
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Shean Donovan actually does prep-work when he is filling in for York, the should give him a shot. Or anyone else. York does a decent job on TV, I'll give him that, but his radio work is not up to snuff.

I'm really impressed with Todd White. Very opinionated and insightful.

Yeah, Todd White isn't bad either. Him or Donovan would be an improvement over York. I get that being unprepared is part of York's "schtick", but that was also part of JJ's schtick, and he got canned. York will contribute his opinion, but it's often just generic BS. Any idiot can ramble on and on, but you'd think he'd back up his opinions with stats, or at least come up with interesting ideas that would generate debate. Lloyd carries that show.

Lloyd is a pro but he still annoys me. He's like a mouthpiece for the Senators more than anything. He kind of laughs as he's talking like "I feel a little silly for having to say this but Bryan Murray said..." My favourite, of course, was when the Canes were facing the Devils and he was making a prediction "Devils. At home. Game 7. Marty Brodeur. Nuff said." And the Canes won, of course.

92"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Per Steve Warne, just now, on Twitter:
---
Well, that was, by no means, an easy radio show to do today. Need beer.
---

Never fun when your friends get canned.

93"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Per Steve Warne, just now, on Twitter:
---
Well, that was, by no means, an easy radio show to do today. Need beer.
---

Never fun when your friends get canned.

Yeah, he mentioned that a buddy of his (besides Jerome) was also canned. And that they would be drinking together over the weekend.

94"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Jungle Jim gassed along with Phil Melanson and Mike Sutherland.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/09/ctv-ottawa-cfra-face-layoffs

Ahhhhh! not phil!

"Show Killer" killed!

95"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Jungle Jim gassed along with Phil Melanson and Mike Sutherland.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/09/ctv-ottawa-cfra-face-layoffs

Ahhhhh! not phil!

Yup. Even Phil and his lisp and general lack of pipes.

to be honest I don't think he or Jim will be missed.

Next up, Versage.

Let's get a real sports network.

I'll miss Jungle. I'll miss Jimbotron even more.

I have to agree on Versage.

96"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I thought that Michael Harris was alright though. Why axe him?!? I assume that Lowell green is already gone or dead or whatever right ?

Lowell was on an extended something-or-other a while back. He's not dead but I was wondering if he was ill. But then I hear him back the other day. It's probably cheaper to keep him (his severance would be astronomical compared to his life expectancy).

97"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I thought that Michael Harris was alright though. Why axe him?!? I assume that Lowell green is already gone or dead or whatever right ?

Like or hate him or whatever Harris was a nice contrast to the likes of the supposedly semi-retired Green and Windbag Madeley.

Lowell Green is an idiot ... and a bully ... I do like him more than JJ but not much ... Smile Let's just say that Lowell Green is the Don Cherry of the Ottawa Valley; minus the smarts and the good looks ... Smile and the fact that he feels free to comment on ANYTHING ... whether he knows anything about the topic at hand. At least Cherry knows enough to (normally) keep his ignorant, biaised rants about hockey (which is something he knows ... at least ... a little about)....

He's a bit of a lightning rod. Good for ratings, though. I actually enjoy listening to his show. It's entertaining. But when no-one is calling in and he continues with his diatribe it gets a bit tedious.

98"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At least they can still call it TGOR. Sarcasm

TwoGOR

99"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fire York, Gord Wilson, Dean Brown, Shean Donovan, Lee Versage, and Kevin Haime and you're good to go.

100"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Fire York, Gord Wilson, Dean Brown, Shean Donovan, Lee Versage, and Kevin Haime and you're good to go.

Greco stays?

101"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Fire York, Gord Wilson, Dean Brown, Shean Donovan, Lee Versage, and Kevin Haime and you're good to go.

Greco stays?

Where else are you going to get your fill of fitness radio talk? I think the Team 1200 even us a show about running.

102"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who's this new guy on instead of Phil? He's quite well spoken. Simpson I think?

103"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Who's this new guy on instead of Phil? He's quite well spoken. Simpson I think?

Simpson, eh?

"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Montgo10

104"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Who's this new guy on instead of Phil? He's quite well spoken. Simpson I think?

Simpson, eh?

"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Montgo10

Laugh1

105"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. I thought it was because of cut backs. I guess they just thought he sucked? I personally didn't care one way or the other about Phil. I tried to avoid listening to that show.

106"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Wow. I thought it was because of cut backs. I guess they just thought he sucked? I personally didn't care one way or the other about Phil. I tried to avoid listening to that show.

Simpson was already there doing fill-in stuff. He sounds a lot more polished than Phil "Rank Amateur" Melanson. Trust me.

107"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Simpson was already there doing fill-in stuff. He sounds a lot more polished than Phil "Rank Amateur" Melanson. Trust me.

Yeah Simpson has been pretty good in what he's done lately.

108"Original" TGOR - Page 7 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:32 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Bell Media has to cut expenses.. remember they just recently purchased part ownership in the Leafs... right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum