GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Original" TGOR

+22
NEELY
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
PTFlea
spader
Jimbotron
ddt
SensHulk
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
Snuh
Acrobat
wprager
TheAvatar
beedub
Nasty Nas
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

46"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

DirtyDave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I wish they got rid of Jungle Jim; he's an idiot and he reasons (and speaks) like an 12 year old discovering dirty words

Agreed. Just not realistic.

He chalks it up to ADD or whatever. The fact is, he's a self-centered jerk. He can be lucid and insightful as long as it's a topic that interests HIM, otherwise he has to derail things with toilet humour.

I can't see why it's unrealistic. Listen to the team 990 (Montreal installment) if you ever have a chance. These guys are pro. They know their stuff and they are insightful; they're also fun to watch. I will not listen to TGOR as long as JJ is in it.

Cheers!

TA

I do listen to Team 990.

It's unrealistic to expect that Jerome will get the boot. When he left, they set him up with a remote studio. Then he bailed on the Team after they did that for him. Then the team rolls out the welcome mat when he was out of a job.

The show would be better without Jim Jerome. It just isn't going to happen.

I like Jim Jerome as much as I like scabies, crabs and Pierre McGuire.

Smile

47"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Jimbotron

Prospect
Prospect

My god, what a bunch of whining, humourless killjoys. "Oh no! They don't talk about sports 24 hours a day on Team 1200, and TGOR has the gaul to bring humour to the show and not talk seriously about sports all the time! Nevermind that almost every other morning show out there to give you a laugh on your way to work. Sports and games are super serious!"

That is how all you torn downs come across. Wing Dang Doodle and whining because bring levity to the morning, especially Jungle Jim. The only reason to listen to sports radio (apart from hockey game broadcasts), and to listen to TGOR is for the non-sports talk, and to hear what Jungle Jim might say. That is it. Whenever he isn't on the show, it is far more boring and sleep inducing. You have 23 other hours of boring, unfunny, uninteresting sports talk; there is nothing wrong with TGOR being a bit off the rails with the three hosts like they have (Jungle being the most amusing of them).

So get the nail out of your asses and lighten up a bit. It's a sports talk show, the most unimportant kind of radio talk show there is. If you don't want humour in your morning radio show, listen to Steve Madley on CFRA. At least then you'd actually be listening to important discussions.

48"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Considering that the last post in this thread (before yours) was from about 10 months ago, I think you need to relax, Jimbotron.

49"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's tremendous pressure from XM and Serious, so I'm sure they listen to what the demographics say.

50"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Jimbotron wrote:My god, what a bunch of whining, humourless killjoys. "Oh no! They don't talk about sports 24 hours a day on Team 1200, and TGOR has the gaul to bring humour to the show and not talk seriously about sports all the time! Nevermind that almost every other morning show out there to give you a laugh on your way to work. Sports and games are super serious!"

That is how all you torn downs come across. Wing Dang Doodle and whining because bring levity to the morning, especially Jungle Jim. The only reason to listen to sports radio (apart from hockey game broadcasts), and to listen to TGOR is for the non-sports talk, and to hear what Jungle Jim might say. That is it. Whenever he isn't on the show, it is far more boring and sleep inducing. You have 23 other hours of boring, unfunny, uninteresting sports talk; there is nothing wrong with TGOR being a bit off the rails with the three hosts like they have (Jungle being the most amusing of them).

So get the nail out of your asses and lighten up a bit. It's a sports talk show, the most unimportant kind of radio talk show there is. If you don't want humour in your morning radio show, listen to Steve Madley on CFRA. At least then you'd actually be listening to important discussions.

spader wrote:Considering that the last post in this thread (before yours) was from about 10 months ago, I think you need to relax, Jimbotron.

Sorry if that was harsh, Jimbotron. I just thought that your response was disproportionate, considering that this is a fairly stale thread.

51"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Jimbotron

Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:Sorry if that was harsh, Jimbotron. I just thought that your response was disproportionate, considering that this is a fairly stale thread.

No apology necessary. I knew it was an old thread, but I only came across it today and found the dislike of the TGOR format a bit odd and strange. Everyone came across as uptight and miserable. Hopefully everyone's adjusted to the show and enjoy it now, because it gets quite hilarious from time to time. I hate missing a show.

52"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TGOR is definitely the best locally-produced show on the Team 1200.

53"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Funny...a tgor fan calling himself jimbotron comes to their defence...tgor sucks

54"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't find TGOR funny at all. It's all lame jakes and the same five people e-mailing the show about stupid Dung.

If some people like then great, Pierre McGuire is the only good part of that show.

55"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like Sportscall! BagoverHead

56"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TGOR is grrrrreat!

57"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:57 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I like Sportscall! BagoverHead

haha I listen to it too. They're not the most entertaining guys but I find Phil always makes good points.

58"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

TGOR is occasionally funny but generally horrible. Lee Versage and Phil are dull as dirt. Steve Lloyd used to be good but now he has become a total jock-sniffer to whomever his co-host is.

Sens pre-game has gone way downhill.

59"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:27 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, I like most of the shows on the TEAM. Each has their own identity which is good, TGOR gets a little wierd and homo-erotic at times but w/e, I like the Sens pre-game, I like the healthy scratches...

The same show over and over again would be much duller then any sports call puts out there.

60"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why are the low-rent local hacks covering NFL football when there's about 16 hours of programming from the good ole U.S. and A?!?!?

61"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Jimbotron

Prospect
Prospect

Michallica wrote:Funny...a tgor fan calling himself jimbotron comes to their defence...tgor sucks

Jimbotron is the reason I started listening to the show in the first place. Now I listen to it for Jungle Jim and the odd time that Steve starts talking about weird stuff.

62"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:49 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

LeKid wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I like Sportscall! BagoverHead

haha I listen to it too. They're not the most entertaining guys but I find Phil always makes good points.
If there was a way to mute Versage I could probably stand it.

63"Original" TGOR - Page 4 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jungle Jim gassed along with Phil Melanson and Mike Sutherland.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/09/ctv-ottawa-cfra-face-layoffs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum