GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Original" TGOR

+22
NEELY
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
PTFlea
spader
Jimbotron
ddt
SensHulk
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
Snuh
Acrobat
wprager
TheAvatar
beedub
Nasty Nas
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I wish they got rid of Jungle Jim; he's an idiot and he reasons (and speaks) like an 12 year old discovering dirty words

Agreed. Just not realistic.

He chalks it up to ADD or whatever. The fact is, he's a self-centered jerk. He can be lucid and insightful as long as it's a topic that interests HIM, otherwise he has to derail things with toilet humour.

I can't see why it's unrealistic. Listen to the team 990 (Montreal installment) if you ever have a chance. These guys are pro. They know their stuff and they are insightful; they're also fun to watch. I will not listen to TGOR as long as JJ is in it.

Cheers!

TA

I do listen to Team 990.

It's unrealistic to expect that Jerome will get the boot. When he left, they set him up with a remote studio. Then he bailed on the Team after they did that for him. Then the team rolls out the welcome mat when he was out of a job.

The show would be better without Jim Jerome. It just isn't going to happen.

I thought someone here mentioned that he was there predominantly because of his contacts in the industry.

It says something when the first person Gretzky calls after his farewell game is Jim...

32"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Name Dropper continues to ensure a permanent place on my sh1tlist...

This morning he declared Sean Burkes mask to be one that he liked the least since Led Zeppelin has nothing to do with hockey... "Original" TGOR - Page 3 853450

I dislike the Name Dropper because hair and brains have nothing to do with his head.

33"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since we're on the subject of Name Dropper. I have to say how ridiculous his comments were back during the 5-2 loss to Tampa. First he praises Stamkos for his amazing hand eye coordination and overall smart PP goal by Tampa. What actually happend you ask? He tips a puck that, by total fluke, ends up deflecting off of Kuba's skate and in. He then praises the play of Malone, I believe, for his great play behind the net and his stellar wrap around goal. stellar wrap around goal? Really? That goal stank so much I could smell it from home. No way Elliott shouldn't have stopped it but somehow it was an amazing play by Malone. Talk about stupid takes on those two plays.

34"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

When he starts to exaggerate a certain player's performance early in the game, you have an idea of who the pre-determined "Monster" will be at the end of the game.

What a phony. "Original" TGOR - Page 3 233319

35"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was just so blatantly obvious that the play wasn't anything special. Guys tip pucks wide of the net ALL the time. This one deflects off of a defender's skate and suddenly Stamkos has such fantastic hand eye coordination?

- Unknown Author

36"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It was just so blatantly obvious that the play wasn't anything special. Guys tip pucks wide of the net ALL the time. This one deflects off of a defender's skate and suddenly Stamkos has such fantastic hand eye coordination?

I listen intently to see if a caller ever calls to correct him on the air about something because then his true colours come out. He's a bum.

What did Led Zeppelin ever do to him? "Original" TGOR - Page 3 270956

37"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:13 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I get so tired of hearing him ramble on. He cannot stand to have one second of air time silent. It is so annoying that I find myself talking to the screen, "Would you please shut the $#%? up already". He does not help the game in anyway and makes the most idiotic ramblings. I want someone who calls the game not someone who likes hearing his own voice.

38"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ever notice that John "The Man of the Fecal" Rodenburg says "sea change" a lot?

Does he think that makes him sound smart??

39"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Close enough to a Team1200 thread, so here goes:

TSN RADIO 1050 is a joint effort between TSN and CHUM Radio. TSN RADIO 1050 will work closely with CHUM Radio’s portfolio of market-leading all-sports radio stations in Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montreal and Ottawa.

http://www.ctvmedia.ca/tsn/

I expect that this will mean that The Team will be TSN Radio Ottawa.

Fan590 has already started calling itself Sportsnet Radio.

40"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:57 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

does that mean that I don't have to listen to Jungle Jim anymore ?!? Wolfie

41"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:58 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

They should've gone Sirius!

42"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:does that mean that I don't have to listen to Jungle Jim anymore ?!? Wolfie

Maybe Jungle Jim goes NATIONAL!!! Beer

43"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:17 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:I wish they got rid of Jungle Jim; he's an idiot and he reasons (and speaks) like an 12 year old discovering dirty words

He chalks it up to ADD or whatever. The fact is, he's a self-centered jerk. He can be lucid and insightful as long as it's a topic that interests HIM, otherwise he has to derail things with toilet humour.

I can't see why it's unrealistic. Listen to the team 990 (Montreal installment) if you ever have a chance. These guys are pro. They know their stuff and they are insightful; they're also fun to watch. I will not listen to TGOR as long as JJ is in it.

Cheers!

TA

I do listen to Team 990.

It's unrealistic to expect that Jerome will get the boot. When he left, they set him up with a remote studio. Then he bailed on the Team after they did that for him. Then the team rolls out the welcome mat when he was out of a job.

I like Jim Jerome as much as I like scabies, crabs and Pierre McGuire.

44"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:10 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cussing hate jungle jim and lee versage...and mike eastwood

45"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:19 pm

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:does that mean that I don't have to listen to Jungle Jim anymore ?!? Wolfie

Maybe Jungle Jim goes NATIONAL!!! Beer

I don't care where he goes, as long as he goes AWAY. I prefer my sports talk shows to be about sports. I know, what a stretch!

46"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

DirtyDave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cheers!

TA

I do listen to Team 990.

I like Jim Jerome as much as I like scabies, crabs and Pierre McGuire.

Smile

47"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Jimbotron

Prospect
Prospect

My god, what a bunch of whining, humourless killjoys. "Oh no! They don't talk about sports 24 hours a day on Team 1200, and TGOR has the gaul to bring humour to the show and not talk seriously about sports all the time! Nevermind that almost every other morning show out there to give you a laugh on your way to work. Sports and games are super serious!"

That is how all you torn downs come across. Wing Dang Doodle and whining because bring levity to the morning, especially Jungle Jim. The only reason to listen to sports radio (apart from hockey game broadcasts), and to listen to TGOR is for the non-sports talk, and to hear what Jungle Jim might say. That is it. Whenever he isn't on the show, it is far more boring and sleep inducing. You have 23 other hours of boring, unfunny, uninteresting sports talk; there is nothing wrong with TGOR being a bit off the rails with the three hosts like they have (Jungle being the most amusing of them).

So get the nail out of your asses and lighten up a bit. It's a sports talk show, the most unimportant kind of radio talk show there is. If you don't want humour in your morning radio show, listen to Steve Madley on CFRA. At least then you'd actually be listening to important discussions.

48"Original" TGOR - Page 3 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Considering that the last post in this thread (before yours) was from about 10 months ago, I think you need to relax, Jimbotron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum