GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Original" TGOR

+22
NEELY
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
PTFlea
spader
Jimbotron
ddt
SensHulk
LethalLehner
Cap'n Clutch
Jordo
Snuh
Acrobat
wprager
TheAvatar
beedub
Nasty Nas
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

121"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Shows how essential he was to the show when he could be effectively replaced by Jim-O-Matic.

Any Lee Versage updates?

122"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:Shows how essential he was to the show when he could be effectively replaced by Jim-O-Matic.

Any Lee Versage updates?

'I'm still laughing at the irony of the "Show Killer" being .... well .. gone Smile

Give Lee a break, he probably works for peanuts Smile

123"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Any Lee Versage updates?

'I'm still laughing at the irony of the "Show Killer" being .... well .. gone Smile

Give Lee a break, he probably works for peanuts Smile

Not today, he isn't. Terry Marcotte was hosting with Murray Wilson.

124"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hardcore Sports Radio was the Dung back in the day. Too bad it's gone.

125"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jim-o-matic was just like Jungle... except with more dementia symptoms.

126"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is where I come to Wing Dang Doodle about the media Smile

"The Hockey Simmer" was up to his old tricks: "...Ryan will be flying, well not flying, Bobby isn't a great skater...."

127"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess Dave Gross got gassed again? Ted Bird from the morning show in Montreal also gone.

128"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I guess Dave Gross got gassed again? Ted Bird from the morning show in Montreal also gone.
He got a Gross Misconduct?

129"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I guess "Grossie" is gone? He wasn't very good, so that's fine. Mendes is pretty solid on that afternoon show. Simpson would be way better if he just...I dunno...toned it down a bit. He acts like he's the be-all end-all of hockey knowledge, yet there's a reason he's not working for a team anymore. Look at some of the "hockey decisions" he was involved in......ugh.

130"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:08 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah I guess "Grossie" is gone?  He wasn't very good, so that's fine.  Mendes is pretty solid on that afternoon show.  Simpson would be way better if he just...I dunno...toned it down a bit.  He acts like he's the be-all end-all of hockey knowledge, yet there's a reason he's not working for a team anymore.  Look at some of the "hockey decisions" he was involved in......ugh.
I think his hockey IQ is fine. He may have been involved in some of those decisions but not necessarily the one driving them. He's made mistakes and he freely admits them, but he left hockey because of personal issues more than anything. There was an excellent article on him when he got his regular spot -- probaby Citizen.

But, yeah, sometimes he needs to tone it down a bit and listen more, talk less. Talking appears to come really easy to him, which is usually OK. Maybe just like they do with Potvin, someone needs to speak into his earpiece once in a while and tell him to stop.

131"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Simpson is better than York and Versage for sure. The guy can gab for hours, which is great for radio...he just needs to giggle a little less and listen a little more...and stop calling Bobby Ryan fat.

132"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Simpson is better than York and Versage for sure.  The guy can gab for hours, which is great for radio...he just needs to giggle a little less and listen a little more...and stop calling Bobby Ryan fat.
Ryan should challenge him to some endurance contest. Would have to wait until the off-season, though.

133"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah I guess "Grossie" is gone?  He wasn't very good, so that's fine.  Mendes is pretty solid on that afternoon show.  Simpson would be way better if he just...I dunno...toned it down a bit.  He acts like he's the be-all end-all of hockey knowledge, yet there's a reason he's not working for a team anymore.  Look at some of the "hockey decisions" he was involved in......ugh.
The "Hockey Simmer" called Shane Prince "Price". And he just about always takes digs at players.

134"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mel says it's not Jim Rome at noon today? Has the format changed to all hockey? Because that would be sick.

135"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Mel says it's not Jim Rome at noon today?  Has the format changed to all hockey?  Because that would be sick.
The HUGE advantage as far as I see is live reporting from game-day skates and live pressers, as I heard just now. Instead of cutting to a break, they actually waited for Paul MacLean's presser to carry it live.

136"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:07 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Mel says it's not Jim Rome at noon today?  Has the format changed to all hockey?  Because that would be sick.
The HUGE advantage as far as I see is live reporting from game-day skates and live pressers, as I heard just now. Instead of cutting to a break, they actually waited for Paul MacLean's presser to carry it live.
Yeah, they were doing the show after TGOR live from the stands of the Canadian Tire Centre during practice. Good idea.

137"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacLean should have his own progrum

138"Original" TGOR - Page 9 Empty Re: "Original" TGOR Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mendes cracks me up, per his Twitter:

Getting set to host The Drive on @TSN1200 with @TSNSimmer at 3pm. Tune in to find out if I'll get a word in edgewise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum