GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5

+8
caissie_1
TheAvatar
Riprock
pgood
wprager
LeCaptain
PKC
Tuk Tuk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:50 pm

But seriosuly, I should have just said

touche

and left it at that.

32GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:53 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

FireOnIce wrote:He will for sure get 60 points. But with that pick you saying that there are no 80 or even 70 point forwards left? I disagree.

I just took my first forward in round 5. Doan is all heart and I took him because even though he is a lock for the Olympic team, he will play his dung off to ensure his roster spot.

I really appreciate your opinion although I don't remember asking. Hossa's my pick and that's that; Whether you like that pick or not doesn't really factor into my decision-making process. Good luck with your picks.

33GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

S'all good.

34GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 pm

TheAvatar wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:He will for sure get 60 points. But with that pick you saying that there are no 80 or even 70 point forwards left? I disagree.

I just took my first forward in round 5. Doan is all heart and I took him because even though he is a lock for the Olympic team, he will play his dung off to ensure his roster spot.

I really appreciate your opinion although I don't remember asking. Hossa's my pick and that's that; Whether you like that pick or not doesn't really factor into my decision-making process. Good luck with your picks.

Seriously? The sarcasm is high in this one. I didn't know that your posts are blocked against other opinions. I was simply stating my opinion which is always open to others as well to have a healthy discussion. I left my post open with a question and though it was a legitimate one. Apparently not.

Where is the ignore feature again?

35GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

avatar is one of the best members here. no need to ignore him over this.

36GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:05 pm

I was being factitious.

37GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Did I spell that right? Is that even the right word? Shrug Does anyone know what I was trying to say, and did I use the right word? FingersCrossed

38GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:11 pm

facetious....intended to be in jest.

39GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:TheAvatar selects.... Marian Hossa?

I'm pretty shocked that he just got taken...holy Dung. Talk about overlooking someone...

Last I heard on Hossa was December. Even if he plays Dec. 1 that's still missing 27 games, IIRC. He would have to be on fire to get 60 points, and there are plenty of players left still who will get between 65 and 70. I was projecting him to go when we got to the 55+ players, or a couple of rounds later.

40GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:

Geez, first we're told to shut up about players befoer they are picked, now you are (politely) saying the same about post-pick-prattle.

< voice="draft nazi" > No pick for you! Come back next round! < /voice >

41GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FireOnIce wrote:Another D man for me coming up, most likely. :n:

As defenseme go, Doan has a heck of a PPG average (he still counts as a forward in this league). cool)

42GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:18 pm

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Geez, first we're told to shut up about players befoer they are picked, now you are (politely) saying the same about post-pick-prattle.

< voice="draft nazi" > No pick for you! Come back next round! < /voice >

Perhaps some people just don't care to have their picks analyzed or criticized? That's not even the same thing as talking about players who haven't been picked imo.

43GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How about we let people pick who they want and just STFU about the rest? Sorry for the "rude-ness", but it had to be said.

44GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

hemlock wrote:facetious....intended to be in jest.

Damn. But thank you. That is the word I was looking for.

Do I go back and edit my original post, or do I let people know that the English language is not my strong suit? Laughing3

I say leave it. Shrug

45GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Ya, I'd prefer not talkin about players who havent been picked.

46GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A bit more on Doan. Yes, he plays his heart out. The extra few games in February, unfortunately, increases the risk of injury and definitely adds fatigue. Saw it last time with the Sens players who went to the Games (Hasek, for sure, but even Alfie played with less in the tank).

And, again, using your own argument, there are players remaining who will get 70+ points. Doan got 73 last season, he's not getting younger, his team isn't exactly getting better (or more stable) and this is an Olympic year. He might get 75 points this year, but how many of those will be scored in Vancouver in February?

47GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 pm

wprager wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:Another D man for me coming up, most likely. :n:

As defenseme go, Doan has a heck of a PPG average (he still counts as a forward in this league). cool)

Laughing3 I knew you would notice that. I was actually waiting for it.

Last edited by FireOnIce on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

48GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look, every time that someone is picking, they are probably saying "Aha! Look at who I picked. Everyone else forgot about him." Or at least that's what we hope to at least be thinking.

The flip side of that is, everyone who picked recently, and did not pick that player, is a bit on the defensive, perhaps thinking they need to explain why they didn't make that pick.

That's how these things go. I've never been in a draft where this kind of talk did not go on. It's part of the culture, or at least that's what I thought after running one draft for about a decade.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum