GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5

+8
caissie_1
TheAvatar
Riprock
pgood
wprager
LeCaptain
PKC
Tuk Tuk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

A bit more on Doan. Yes, he plays his heart out. The extra few games in February, unfortunately, increases the risk of injury and definitely adds fatigue. Saw it last time with the Sens players who went to the Games (Hasek, for sure, but even Alfie played with less in the tank).

And, again, using your own argument, there are players remaining who will get 70+ points. Doan got 73 last season, he's not getting younger, his team isn't exactly getting better (or more stable) and this is an Olympic year. He might get 75 points this year, but how many of those will be scored in Vancouver in February?

47GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 pm

wprager wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:Another D man for me coming up, most likely. :n:

As defenseme go, Doan has a heck of a PPG average (he still counts as a forward in this league). cool)

Laughing3 I knew you would notice that. I was actually waiting for it.

Last edited by FireOnIce on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

48GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Look, every time that someone is picking, they are probably saying "Aha! Look at who I picked. Everyone else forgot about him." Or at least that's what we hope to at least be thinking.

The flip side of that is, everyone who picked recently, and did not pick that player, is a bit on the defensive, perhaps thinking they need to explain why they didn't make that pick.

That's how these things go. I've never been in a draft where this kind of talk did not go on. It's part of the culture, or at least that's what I thought after running one draft for about a decade.

49GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:28 pm

wprager wrote:A bit more on Doan. Yes, he plays his heart out. The extra few games in February, unfortunately, increases the risk of injury and definitely adds fatigue. Saw it last time with the Sens players who went to the Games (Hasek, for sure, but even Alfie played with less in the tank).

And, again, using your own argument, there are players remaining who will get 70+ points. Doan got 73 last season, he's not getting younger, his team isn't exactly getting better (or more stable) and this is an Olympic year. He might get 75 points this year, but how many of those will be scored in Vancouver in February?

Hopefully 1, because I have him pegged for 74 in the NHL this year.

50GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

:^^^^:

51GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:32 pm

wprager wrote:Look, every time that someone is picking, they are probably saying "Aha! Look at who I picked. Everyone else forgot about him." Or at least that's what we hope to at least be thinking.

The flip side of that is, everyone who picked recently, and did not pick that player, is a bit on the defensive, perhaps thinking they need to explain why they didn't make that pick.

That's how these things go. I've never been in a draft where this kind of talk did not go on. It's part of the culture, or at least that's what I thought after running one draft for about a decade.

Add me to the growing list.

I have never been part of a draft where players who have NOT been drafted yet are talked prior to being on someones team...until this one.

After they are on someones team, let the trash talk begin. Rockon

52GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

ya, i agree with that. as long as its all jesting and fooling around, I have no problem with it.

53GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Tuk, how are we looking? Do you have lots of lists? Things have been going smoooooth lately. Great work.

54GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Tuk Tuk wrote:ya, i agree with that. as long as its all jesting and fooling around, I have no problem with it.

I think everyone has enough respect for the people in here to keep it as you suggest.

55GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I sent a pm to the next 3, so hopefully they respond

56GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:52 pm

I have one player in my mind and one player only. Will he/she Laughing3 last 22 picks before it is my turn again. I sent my one player list to Tuk. :^^^:

57GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

he's picking Haley Wickenizer(sp?)

58GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:He will for sure get 60 points. But with that pick you saying that there are no 80 or even 70 point forwards left? I disagree.

I just took my first forward in round 5. Doan is all heart and I took him because even though he is a lock for the Olympic team, he will play his dung off to ensure his roster spot.

I really appreciate your opinion although I don't remember asking. Hossa's my pick and that's that; Whether you like that pick or not doesn't really factor into my decision-making process. Good luck with your picks.

Geez, first we're told to shut up about players befoer they are picked, now you are (politely) saying the same about post-pick-prattle.

< voice="draft nazi" > No pick for you! Come back next round! < /voice >

Perhaps some people just don't care to have their picks analyzed or criticized? That's not even the same thing as talking about players who haven't been picked imo.

Bang on. I'm not as knowledgeable as most everyone here; I certainly don't know as many players as some of you know and (unfortunately), I don't have a lof ot time to invest in the process (I wish I did). So maybe I could have picked someone else more likely to get me a better return but hey I like Hossa. If you think there are better players out there available for the taking; you should be happy; they're more likely to still be available when your time comes around.

59GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:58 pm

I pick, Christian Erhoff

60GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

FireOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:A bit more on Doan. Yes, he plays his heart out. The extra few games in February, unfortunately, increases the risk of injury and definitely adds fatigue. Saw it last time with the Sens players who went to the Games (Hasek, for sure, but even Alfie played with less in the tank).

Great answer.

61GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 pm

wprager wrote:
FireOnIce wrote:

Great answer.

Side note - check your PM. If you think there is a forward left who will get more points than Doan, I have a proposition for you.

62GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, where are we at? No picks since 4PM yesterday is not good.

63GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: GM Hockey Fantasy Pool Round 5 Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am

*shrugs* I sent mine to tuk tuk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum