GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heatley's press conference

+29
Cap'n Clutch
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Vandelay
Hoags
dennycrane
Acrobat
beedub
jamvan
asq2
wprager
Hayden
Jordo
BigRig
Sens19
SensGirl11
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
Hobiesens
rooneypoo
SensFan71
LethalLehner
TeamRenzo
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

106Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bottom line, I don't see how this asshat can play for the Ottawa Senators next season. This is beyond ridiculous. He hates it here and he hates the coach and he hates the fans. He spit the words Ottawa and fans out today with such venom.

At least he hates Edmonton more. :^^^^: He absolutely would rather play in this Dung hole than he would in Edmonton, where he wouldn't Dung on their sidewalk.

Nice work Dany, you're vilified forever in two of the biggest NHL markets.

107Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm

beedub wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Out of all the possible reasons he could have given, which one would have been better for his value.

There isn't one. As soon as he demanded a trade his value went down. I don't know how it got out, but I find it hard to believe that the team would willingly release the fact that he requested it. I can see Bryan Murray offering up Heatley in a trade and when prompted say that he's looking at shaking up his roster, but when other GM's know the player wants out his value drops. Who do you believe, Murray (who would lose a lot in trade value if he said Danny wants out), or Danny?

At some point he needs to realize that his options were Ottawa and Edmonton and now they are gone.
My original point was that today's Conf call didn't hurt his value.

As for who leaked it, there are so many lower staffers in both the Agent's firm and the Sens organization who could have found out and leaked it, that we probably will never know. I doubt it was Murray or McAlpine/Barry/Heatley who planned to leak it.

My initial impression while listening to the presser was Holy Diddle, this guy is sinking himself even more than not speaking. He essentially admitted that, while he is a self proclaimed "team guy" he cannot handle it when his role on the team is diminished or his ice time is cut. Doesn't matter if his production stays the same, if the perception is that he is playing a lesser role, he wants out.

He's not coachable, nor accountable. He's here to stay
Name one star player on any team, in any sport who doesn't/wouldn't feel the same way.

When LT had to share some carries with Micheal Turner he complained to the Chargers.

Tracy McGrady asked out of TO because he wasn't getting a big enough role.

Pitchers complain when they are moved from the rotation to the bullpen.

Try telling Martin Brodeur he is only getting 50 starts so that he is better rested for the playoffs and see what happens.

These guys have huge egos, it's what gets them to the level they are at.

108Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Bottom line, I don't see how this asshat can play for the Ottawa Senators next season. This is beyond ridiculous. He hates it here and he hates the coach and he hates the fans. He spit the words Ottawa and fans out today with such venom.

At least he hates Edmonton more. :^^^^: He absolutely would rather play in this Dung hole than he would in Edmonton, where he wouldn't Dung on their sidewalk.

What's worse, is that it's not really even a question anymore. He's basically come out and told the world that he's about himself and that's it.

He royally Diddle Murray for making even a decent deal. The return for this turd burglar is going to be next to nothing.

Sell his rights to the KHL in the form of a loan. Diddle him.

Last edited by hemlock on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

109Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:21 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Bottom line, I don't see how this asshat can play for the Ottawa Senators next season. This is beyond ridiculous. He hates it here and he hates the coach and he hates the fans. He spit the words Ottawa and fans out today with such venom.

Are you sure you weren't listening with preconceived opinions. I didn't take his comments that way at all.

110Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just throwing this out there... anyone wonder if, when he signed that contract, he was promised he'd be wearing the "C" by now or something to that matter? Did Alfie's new contract make him realize he's not going to be the man for a long time? Is he that shallow?

111Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

What's worse, is that it's not really even a question anymore. He's basically come out and told the world that he's about himself and that's it.

He royally Diddle Murray for making even a decent deal. The return for this turd burglar is going to be next to nothing.

That's beautiful - it means that Ottawa still keeps his rights if he tries to come back...

112Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:24 pm

Somewhere, Doug Wilson is smiling ear to ear. He now knows that his Dung lowball offer is the best Murray can hope for now. My bet is that within a week or so, we will be seeing a deal involving Cheechoo to the Sens.

113Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:24 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

Laughing3 Turd burglar. Love it

114Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

That's beautiful - it means that Ottawa still keeps his rights if he tries to come back...

Well, depending on how hard Melnyk wants to push back, he could in theory, prevent Heatley from playing hockey practically anywhere on earth. He could also find the slighest reason to suspend Prickley for "conduct detrimental to the team", then use his cap savings to sign other guys. Showed up late to a meeting Dany? Whoops, suspended. No pay for you....

115Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:
beedub wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Out of all the possible reasons he could have given, which one would have been better for his value.

There isn't one. As soon as he demanded a trade his value went down. I don't know how it got out, but I find it hard to believe that the team would willingly release the fact that he requested it. I can see Bryan Murray offering up Heatley in a trade and when prompted say that he's looking at shaking up his roster, but when other GM's know the player wants out his value drops. Who do you believe, Murray (who would lose a lot in trade value if he said Danny wants out), or Danny?

At some point he needs to realize that his options were Ottawa and Edmonton and now they are gone.
My original point was that today's Conf call didn't hurt his value.

As for who leaked it, there are so many lower staffers in both the Agent's firm and the Sens organization who could have found out and leaked it, that we probably will never know. I doubt it was Murray or McAlpine/Barry/Heatley who planned to leak it.

My initial impression while listening to the presser was Holy Diddle, this guy is sinking himself even more than not speaking. He essentially admitted that, while he is a self proclaimed "team guy" he cannot handle it when his role on the team is diminished or his ice time is cut. Doesn't matter if his production stays the same, if the perception is that he is playing a lesser role, he wants out.

He's not coachable, nor accountable. He's here to stay
Name one star player on any team, in any sport who doesn't/wouldn't feel the same way.

When LT had to share some carries with Micheal Turner he complained to the Chargers.

Tracy McGrady asked out of TO because he wasn't getting a big enough role.

Pitchers complain when they are moved from the rotation to the bullpen.

Try telling Martin Brodeur he is only getting 50 starts so that he is better rested for the playoffs and see what happens.

These guys have huge egos, it's what gets them to the level they are at.

You're painting all elite athletes with a pretty fat brush.

There is a class of athlete who are all about themselves. Your Terell Owens, Tracey McGrady types.

But there are those pro athletes who will take a little criticism and work their Donkey off to either correct the problem, or improve that facet of their game.

As for Brodeur, if his coach started giving the backup a few more games, and provided Marty with an explanation, he'd I'm sure publicly support the coach.

For guys like Owens, his ego fu*kups far outshine his skill. Guess what. Heatley is now in that laughable category

116Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:33 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Well, depending on how hard Melnyk wants to push back, he could in theory, prevent Heatley from playing hockey practically anywhere on earth. He could also find the slighest reason to suspend Prickley for "conduct detrimental to the team", then use his cap savings to sign other guys. Showed up late to a meeting Dany? Whoops, suspended. No pay for you....

Mm true, but he'd have to be very VERY careful not to overstep his bounds as defined within the contract, or else it could be Melnyk and the Sens in contractual hot water.

117Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Perhaps beedub. Good point.

118Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

You know what? Cheechoo and other pieces look mighty fine right now. I wonder if that presser killed the SJ deal

BMurray: Hi MISTER Wilson, could we please, pretty please, still get that Cheechoo for Heatley deal. FingersCrossed

Puking2

119Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 pm

beedub wrote:You know what? Cheechoo and other pieces look mighty fine right now. I wonder if that presser killed the SJ deal

BMurray: Hi MISTER Wilson, could we please, pretty please, still get that Cheechoo for Heatley deal. FingersCrossed

Puking2

Yep, I made the point a few posts ago about Doug Wilson being very happy about today's events. I bet we see Cheechoo in Ottawa sooner rather than later. The plus side is that now, any offer Murray takes, will be an easy sell to the fans.

120Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

beedub wrote:You know what? Cheechoo and other pieces look mighty fine right now. I wonder if that presser killed the SJ deal

Puking2
Heh heh.

Doh.

Bah.

121Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle that. I don't Cheechoo and junk. We'll have to ride out the storm.

I don't know who leaked it. Diddle you turd burglar, it doesn't matter either way now. I hate you asshat. HATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're diddling crazy you dumb prick. Diddle YOUR RDMGLMGLMLGGR :crazy: :^:

122Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phew...I needed to get that out apparently.

123Heatley's press conference - Page 8 Empty Re: Heatley's press conference Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:
Are you sure you weren't listening with preconceived opinions. I didn't take his comments that way at all.

I may have been. As soon as I heard his voice and his nonchalant BS about wanting to get out of Ottawa, I was deeply pissed (and hurt) all over again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum