GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

lets waive smith and get a 7th for shubert

+10
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

If Smith is injured, does that affect the team's ability to waive or buy him out? Schubert is probably going to go anyway, so any return for him would be nice. Since Murray has been trying to get rid of him for what seems like 2 years now, I doubt the return is anything.

I have to agree with N4L and say that Cowen is not ready (and certainly not on the level with Phillips) to step right in and fill Phillip's shoes. He's 18, and coming of major surgery. To expect that is wishful thinking in the extreme.

In a year or two, I'd definitely be down with moving Phillips though. He's slowly declining and that salary will be a big anchor sooner rather than later.

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

If Schubert could have been traded for a 7th rounder, it would have been done already.

I think Scubert will end up in Dallas or Columbus, just a hunch.

Neely4Life wrote:I think Scubert will end up in Dallas or Columbus, just a hunch.

Dallas is ideal since Hicks is reportedly looking to slash payroll. Schubert is cheap. That's about his only redeeming quality atm though.

There is absolutly no spot for Schubert in Ottawa.

With Heatley looking like he is going to stay, Ottawa could have a very scary lineup if Heatley man's up... he's going to have to.

Neely4Life wrote:There is absolutly no spot for Schubert in Ottawa.

With Heatley looking like he is going to stay, Ottawa could have a very scary lineup if Heatley man's up... he's going to have to.

We've looked good on paper the last couple of years and look what happened. I'll wait until November before I really get excited. I don't see any improvement at all with the D corp. Bell is gone, Karlsson isn't the saviour....yet, Cowen isn't ready, and neither is Wiercioch. Offensively we should be much better than the team that sat at the bottom of the league in GF though. I'm more than happy with the goaltending situation too.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

We've looked good on paper the last couple of years and look what happened. I'll wait until November before I really get excited. I don't see any improvement at all with the D corp. Bell is gone, Karlsson isn't the saviour....yet, Cowen isn't ready, and neither is Wiercioch. Offensively we should be much better than the team that sat at the bottom of the league in GF though. I'm more than happy with the goaltending situation too.

Actually, I believe we are better, as we have a coach with a system that seems to work. On top of that, we have goaltenders, one that is a year older, and 30 games more experienced, and the other one has played some time as a starter. Albeit, I am still skeptical about his skill and ability to stay healthy.

Gerber let some pretty crappy goals in last year, I would hope that is a thing of the past with our current tandem.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

That, and by my CapGeek estimation, having re-signed Elliott to the rumoured $1M, we are $104K over the cap, presently. At this time, I would accept pretty much anything for Schubert, even a player with a slightly smaller contract, or a 2-way player.

Lee could be down in Bingo, if not Picard will be gone.

hemlock wrote:

Like I said earlier, anything less then 10-5 or 20 points in the first 15 games, The Sens wont make the playoffs. Easiest schedual in the NHL for the first 15-20 games.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If Heatley's still on the books, something's gotta give. Elliott is still either unsigned or has, and they aren't making it official until room is cleared. Murray will want a buffer as well as he normally does for deadline moves.

There's only so much room you can clear by sending players down, and I don't know the numbers right now, but I'm pretty sure a more significant number needs to be removed, and Schubert, Picard and Campoli (not that I would trade him) are neither.

Lee is on a 2 way deal and will take 1.4 mil off the cap as well.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Lee is on a 2 way deal and will take 1.4 mil off the cap as well.
Ahhh... the beauty of the 2-way deal... the cap gives and the cap takes away...

Sens will get in under the cap no matter what, even with Heatley. It wont be a problem either. This is a reason Lee and perhaps Karlsson will start the year in Bingo.

Karlsson has said he will go back to Sweden but we'll see about that. The cap for The Sens is very managable.

Dash wrote:If Heatley's still on the books, something's gotta give. Elliott is still either unsigned or has, and they aren't making it official until room is cleared. Murray will want a buffer as well as he normally does for deadline moves.

There's only so much room you can clear by sending players down, and I don't know the numbers right now, but I'm pretty sure a more significant number needs to be removed, and Schubert, Picard and Campoli (not that I would trade him) are neither.

I can assure you that Elliott has not been signed yet.

Sophomore
Sophomore

I know Smith is well respected around the league but c'mon, it was a failed experiment. Murray should just go to him and say it's our plan to waive you if you don't retire. Give him the choice of how he wants to end his career but make it clear it is over.
If Prospal scored 19 goal last year, you don't think he would improve with Spezza and Heatley?? Sarcasm

Ya, lets get rid of Smith and take on prospal... good call bud. Lets bring in Comrie, Skyora, and Satan as well, maybe we can put together a team that has so little character the games will be shown in black and white on TV.

Get real bud, forcing a guy like Smith to retire? Do you really believe what you say or just want to sound stupid?

Neely4Life wrote:Ya, lets get rid of Smith and take on prospal... good call bud. Lets bring in Comrie, Skyora, and Satan as well, maybe we can put together a team that has so little character the games will be shown in black and white on TV.

Get real bud, forcing a guy like Smith to retire? Do you really believe what you say or just want to sound stupid?
I guess your break from this site didn't produce a kinder, gentler N4L. :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum