GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

lets waive smith and get a 7th for shubert

+10
Acrobat
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
wprager
shabbs
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

I question a lot about Comrie personally, but that's just me.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Anyways, back on topic, MTL and SJ are short on forwards and have too much cash on D. I don't see how this could possibly happen with Ottawa sending just Heatley. Might need a Picard or Lee somewhere there, especially if it is to bring in erhoff or Vlasic.
Michalek + Vlasic is enough for Heater. I like those two guys.

Then, you include Montreal, 1M in cap space (let's say d'ago re-signs for 1M). They take Marleau, leaves approx 5M in cap. They send Plek and... I don't see who.
I think all this talks about a 3 way deal is an "illogical logic" made up by media because Montreal want a big centreman, Sj wants Heatley and want a change.
There are a lot of trades that would make sense and will never happen.

Sophomore
Sophomore

since I have him on ignore i can only guess he is still going on about how it's his job to correct all us simpletons, and share his vast knowledge and wisdom in an attempt to keep this forum perfect like himself, or some other blah blah blah drivel.

as for Comrie and his belief its always for the money, can someone please explain to him Comries family is worth half a billion dollars, i don't think Comrie lays awake at night worrying about the gas bill....

111519 wrote:since I have him on ignore i can only guess he is still going on about how it's his job to correct all us simpletons, and share his vast knowledge and wisdom in an attempt to keep this forum perfect like himself, or some other blah blah blah drivel.

as for Comrie and his belief its always for the money, can someone please explain to him Comries family is worth half a billion dollars, i don't think Comrie lays awake at night worrying about the gas bill....
Just because a guy has money doesn't mean he isn't after every dollar he can get. A-Rod optioned out of a contract that paid him 250M over 10 years because he could get more. Anyway who cares about Comrie, there is nothing he could bring to this team that we don't already have.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With NHL players money is a measure of worth. They want to be the best and a higher salary is one of the indicators.

Plus, the way that the economy is going, who's to say that The Brick does not go bankrupt with all those "Don't pay for 60 months" promos? And Duff's career can be even less permanent than a hockey player's.

Anyhow, this is off topic. I just took another look at the thread title and I realized why Neely responded so harshly.

I agree that you just can't do that out of respect for the player and his history. However, a private discussion about the possibility of a trade, or remaining on the LTIR until a deadline trade is not out of the question. The cap situation is real, so somehow that $2.6M may have to be moved because Disgruntled Dany Heatley has decided he wants to play elsewhere, just not anywhere he is wanted. Keeping some of the details private to avoid embarassment to the player is the least they could do. Outright waiving is not an option.

There you go Prager, you summed everything else up very nicely. That's exactly how it is and how it should be.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:With NHL players money is a measure of worth. They want to be the best and a higher salary is one of the indicators.

Plus, the way that the economy is going, who's to say that The Brick does not go bankrupt with all those "Don't pay for 60 months" promos? And Duff's career can be even less permanent than a hockey player's.

Anyhow, this is off topic. I just took another look at the thread title and I realized why Neely responded so harshly.

I agree that you just can't do that out of respect for the player and his history. However, a private discussion about the possibility of a trade, or remaining on the LTIR until a deadline trade is not out of the question. The cap situation is real, so somehow that $2.6M may have to be moved because Disgruntled Dany Heatley has decided he wants to play elsewhere, just not anywhere he is wanted. Keeping some of the details private to avoid embarassment to the player is the least they could do. Outright waiving is not an option.

If I have to read another article about "the disgruntled Ottawa Senator Dany Heatley," I might have to vomit.

Seriously, buy a thesaurus, Booboo and Co.! I can think of like, 15 synonyms for that one over-used and abused word, "disgruntled."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:With NHL players money is a measure of worth. They want to be the best and a higher salary is one of the indicators.

If I have to read another article about "the disgruntled Ottawa Senator Dany Heatley," I might have to vomit.

Seriously, buy a thesaurus, Booboo and Co.! I can think of like, 15 synonyms for that one over-used and abused word, "disgruntled."

Yeah, sorry , I meant to put that in quotes or italicize it. On another blog they made a joke that that could be the name of his next book Disgruntled Dany Heatley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum