GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reality check: What if Heatley stays.....

+10
asq2
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
TheAvatar
shabbs
SensFan71
beedub
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

Publicly asking for a trade killed Heatley's value. I can't believe his agents actually thought it was a good idea to let Heatley's demands be known. It jeopardizes trade value and makes their client look bad. Unless that was Heatley who wanted to do that then both of his agents deserve to be fired. You don't do that, you just don't. And if they thought publicly demanding a trade would pressure Murray into making a trade regardless of the value then they are definitely wrong.

Because of that he will probably still be in Ottawa come September unless Murray lowers his asking price and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urkie wrote:Publicly asking for a trade killed Heatley's value. I can't believe his agents actually thought it was a good idea to let Heatley's demands be known. It jeopardizes trade value and makes their client look bad. Unless that was Heatley who wanted to do that then both of his agents deserve to be fired. You don't do that, you just don't. And if they thought publicly demanding a trade would pressure Murray into making a trade regardless of the value then they are definitely wrong.

Because of that he will probably still be in Ottawa come September unless Murray lowers his asking price and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

Then their client should suffer the consequences. I think having their camp deal directly with teams is a good strategy. Dany might be able to personally convince a potential suitor that he's a good guy. (?)

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:Then their client should suffer the consequences. I think having their camp deal directly with teams is a good strategy. Dany might be able to personally convince a potential suitor that he's a good guy. (?)

I don't disagree but the decision to publicly release that he wanted to be traded is just plain dumb. That would be like someone who has a really good job to tell his co-workers he's looking for another job. If you aren't completely retarded then you know that's not a very good idea. :^^^^:

And if Heatley's camp is going to convince another team he's not a bad guy then they better hurry up.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Then their client should suffer the consequences. I think having their camp deal directly with teams is a good strategy. Dany might be able to personally convince a potential suitor that he's a good guy. (?)

I don't disagree but the decision to publicly release that he wanted to be traded is just plain dumb. That would be like someone who has a really good job to tell his co-workers he's looking for another job. If you aren't completely retarded then you know that's not a very good idea. :^^^^:

Unless you work for the Federal government where competing for other jobs should be written into everyone's job descripiton. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

Well, like I said in the other thread, if Heatley is still here on Wed, our entire season might be shot before it even began.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry Nelly ; I normally agree with you but not this time. I don't think that all of this is irreparable. I think that Heatley might be coming back with the conviction that he needs to work is Donkey off to get traded ... in any case, we'll find out soon enough ...

Ok, so what if he comes back? His other team mates know he doesnt want to be there, the fans know, the coaches know, everyone knows. If this guy doesnt get his desired ice time (which is obviusly a problem) and he feels that might cost him a shot at the Olympics, or his value is lessened by trade, then its a problem.

No good can come of Heatley playing here ever again. A message has to be sent that Murray cant be pushed around but it still wont start or end well for anyone.

The Sens are not good enough to have this hanging over thier heads.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Ok, so what if he comes back? His other team mates know he doesnt want to be there, the fans know, the coaches know, everyone knows. If this guy doesnt get his desired ice time (which is obviusly a problem) and he feels that might cost him a shot at the Olympics, or his value is lessened by trade, then its a problem.

No good can come of Heatley playing here ever again. A message has to be sent that Murray cant be pushed around but it still wont start or end well for anyone.

The Sens are not good enough to have this hanging over thier heads.

Yeah and that message is sure I'll trade you but when I am damned good and ready.

Thats fine, but it doesnt make things easier for The Sens.

Look at is this way, if he does get off to a hot start, the his value will be high, then all of the sudden teams that are going for it might take a shot on him, then we remove one of our top 3 guys from the lineup. Who replaces that if he is traded mid season?

Anyway you look at it, this is awful for the current Senators. A year or two down the road this will be the best thing that has ever happend to Ottawa, but for the now, its not good.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Here's how I seeing this play out. I don't think he's going to get moved at all. He'll have to come to Ottawa and face the music and man up and play for his money, hence scoring another 50 goals a year. In 8 months from now, we'll all forget about this fiasco and Heatley will have learned yet another "brutal" life lesson.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Here's how I seeing this play out. I don't think he's going to get moved at all. He'll have to come to Ottawa and face the music and man up and play for his money, hence scoring another 50 goals a year. In 8 months from now, we'll all forget about this fiasco and Heatley will have learned yet another "brutal" life lesson.

you think it will be that simple, I know Heatley may learn that life lesson, but Dung, what about all the other players that see what he did, they are less likely to be receptive to him. I tell you one thing, if he does come back by any chance, he better not get any sort of captaincy on his sweater ever again, and I mean never, ever again.

jamvan wrote:Here's how I seeing this play out. I don't think he's going to get moved at all. He'll have to come to Ottawa and face the music and man up and play for his money, hence scoring another 50 goals a year. In 8 months from now, we'll all forget about this fiasco and Heatley will have learned yet another "brutal" life lesson.

The fact Heatley has shoved everything in that the Senators and it's fans have done for the guy, in our collective faces is pretty much proof the guy is about as selfish as you can get. He wont learn anything from this, nothing.

If killing his friend and someone giving him a second chance didnt help learn a lesson about loyalty and responsibility, nothing will. Heatley is a piece of sh it. Always has been, always will be.

Neely4Life wrote:Thats fine, but it doesnt make things easier for The Sens.

Look at is this way, if he does get off to a hot start, the his value will be high, then all of the sudden teams that are going for it might take a shot on him, then we remove one of our top 3 guys from the lineup. Who replaces that if he is traded mid season?

Anyway you look at it, this is awful for the current Senators. A year or two down the road this will be the best thing that has ever happend to Ottawa, but for the now, its not good.

If he is not traded while team's are sorting out their cap he won't be. If he starts the season in Ottawa he will be playing at least until the deadline in a Sens uni, barring a salary for salary swap that Murray really likes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum