GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reality check: What if Heatley stays.....

+10
asq2
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
TheAvatar
shabbs
SensFan71
beedub
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
go to another team and TANK!

That does appear like the sexiest scenario (a la Yashin) doesn't it?

:####:

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Umm, do we even need this thread now that it appears there's more than just smoke? If Murray is entertaining serious bids from three teams, it's just a matter of time before we sing "Oh Dany boy, the Kings, the Kings are ca-alling"

TheAvatar wrote:

Not having to hear it from other teams fans will be nice. "LOL What's wrong with Ottawa, noone wants to play there" :blah: :blah: :blah:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Lucky Day wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Not having to hear it from other teams fans will be nice. "LOL What's wrong with Ottawa, noone wants to play there" :blah: :blah: :blah:

Especially those damn Leaf fans because every UFA wants to play there, or so they think, just because its Toronto.

"Reality check: What if Heatley stays...."

Reality check: He won't.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
Lucky Day wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Especially those damn Leaf fans because every UFA wants to play there, or so they think, just because its Toronto.

Meh, It's basically the same for all Canadian teams... A lot of players would just rather stay in the states, where they make the same money, but aren't the Rock stars they are here...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If Heatley stays... he should be forced to give up the #15 and wear #00.

Yeah.

I HAVE SPOKEN!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

cas wrote:"Reality check: What if Heatley stays...."

New reality check. Looks like Heater is a Sen.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:

unless a miracle happens between now and July 1, you are looking to be 110% right.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you read between the lines of what Murray has been saying it looks like Heatley will be gone before training camp even if we have to take a bag of pucks in return. Murray does not want this to be a distraction and will lower his price tag. Sucks for us Sens fans but that is what it looks like will happen.

There's my reality check for you all.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:

unless a miracle happens between now and July 1, you are looking to be 110% right.

Meh. Even if Melnyk/Murray really don't want to pay Heatley half his salary for the upcoming season to play elsewhere I'm sure they won't mind moving him if the price is right.

The reality is the asking price should go up once his salary goes down.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:If you read between the lines of what Murray has been saying it looks like Heatley will be gone before training camp even if we have to take a bag of pucks in return. Murray does not want this to be a distraction and will lower his price tag. Sucks for us Sens fans but that is what it looks like will happen.

There's my reality check for you all.

great, we will be getting mediocre talent back for this guy or above mediocre, but some cap hit to take back. I don't want him around tainting the young guys on the team, so in the long wrong, it will be more worth it to ditch him for less than to hold him around. Melnyk is determined not to pay him that 4M, so we should see some hoopla there too.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:

Meh. Even if Melnyk/Murray really don't want to pay Heatley half his salary for the upcoming season to play elsewhere I'm sure they won't mind moving him if the price is right.

I have a hard time believe that. Murray has been firm. If we can't find the right deal for Danny, he'll be playing left wing for the ottawa senators come the season.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:

I have a hard time believe that. Murray has been firm. If we can't find the right deal for Danny, he'll be playing left wing for the ottawa senators come the season.

Either way... dealing him for crap is simply not an option.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
beedub wrote:

Either way... dealing him for crap is simply not an option.

It's looking more like dealing for crap is the most possible option, clutch is right, unless Mike Milbury comes out of retirement for one more fleecing.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Publicly asking for a trade killed Heatley's value. I can't believe his agents actually thought it was a good idea to let Heatley's demands be known. It jeopardizes trade value and makes their client look bad. Unless that was Heatley who wanted to do that then both of his agents deserve to be fired. You don't do that, you just don't. And if they thought publicly demanding a trade would pressure Murray into making a trade regardless of the value then they are definitely wrong.

Because of that he will probably still be in Ottawa come September unless Murray lowers his asking price and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urkie wrote:Publicly asking for a trade killed Heatley's value. I can't believe his agents actually thought it was a good idea to let Heatley's demands be known. It jeopardizes trade value and makes their client look bad. Unless that was Heatley who wanted to do that then both of his agents deserve to be fired. You don't do that, you just don't. And if they thought publicly demanding a trade would pressure Murray into making a trade regardless of the value then they are definitely wrong.

Because of that he will probably still be in Ottawa come September unless Murray lowers his asking price and I think we all know that's not going to happen.

Then their client should suffer the consequences. I think having their camp deal directly with teams is a good strategy. Dany might be able to personally convince a potential suitor that he's a good guy. (?)

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:Then their client should suffer the consequences. I think having their camp deal directly with teams is a good strategy. Dany might be able to personally convince a potential suitor that he's a good guy. (?)

I don't disagree but the decision to publicly release that he wanted to be traded is just plain dumb. That would be like someone who has a really good job to tell his co-workers he's looking for another job. If you aren't completely retarded then you know that's not a very good idea. :^^^^:

And if Heatley's camp is going to convince another team he's not a bad guy then they better hurry up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum