GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reality check: What if Heatley stays.....

+10
asq2
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
TheAvatar
shabbs
SensFan71
beedub
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I can see BMurray taking a hard line with Heatley. He wants a specific type of deal, and if he doesn't get it, I could see him staying here. I was listening to the Team this morning and they had snippets of their interview with Murray, and while he indicated that there is "a team that is close to what I want" , should he remain a Sen past the July 1 deadline for his bonus, he may very well stay a Sen for the forseeable future.

I know it's been discussed to death, Heatley going here, Heatley going there. Has it been discussed that Heatley may not be going anywhere.

So I ask. If forced to remain, do we get Heatley the suckarse, or does he man up and play?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

please say it wouldn't be so, but I doubt Heatley will play with his full effort, he will most likely get sat by Clouston so he could whimper and whine, just like Yashin did years back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heatley staying is the worst-case scenario I think... the only saving grace if he stays is if he holds out and we suspend him and get his cap hit off the books.

Otherwise, if he stays and plays... he better get ready for some serious fan backlash.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Well, if he really wants out but must start the season in Ottawa, there'll be high motivation for him to play hard and show that he's still "got it" (like he should need more motivation; but that's another debate).

Really this isn't going to happen. If Heatley starts the year here, he likely is going to finish the year. The cap hit is nearly impossible to trade during the year without taking huge salary back, and from what I'm told Murray has a deal in place, but it means he's taking a significant portion of salary back which he doesn't want.

He's got a plan and you just have to believe if he makes a trade for young prospects and picks, then he's going to use the salary on a big d-man. I don't know that for sure, getting any information out of Ottawa is nearly impossible, but it's the only scenario that makes sense seeing as he's trying hard to get a young player, an A level prospect and a mid-high 1st round pick.

His conference yesterday was a shot across the bow to a lot of GM's and Dawg says the general consensus is it's lit a fire under a couple of them.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:Really this isn't going to happen. If Heatley starts the year here, he likely is going to finish the year. The cap hit is nearly impossible to trade during the year without taking huge salary back, and from what I'm told Murray has a deal in place, but it means he's taking a significant portion of salary back which he doesn't want.

He's got a plan and you just have to believe if he makes a trade for young prospects and picks, then he's going to use the salary on a big d-man. I don't know that for sure, getting any information out of Ottawa is nearly impossible, but it's the only scenario that makes sense seeing as he's trying hard to get a young player, an A level prospect and a mid-high 1st round pick.

His conference yesterday was a shot across the bow to a lot of GM's and Dawg says the general consensus is it's lit a fire under a couple of them.

good on Brian Murray, he is playing this right, even though it is driving us bonkers with the uncertainty, but keep lighting those fires under GM butts.

Dawg's Wife wrote:Really this isn't going to happen. If Heatley starts the year here, he likely is going to finish the year. The cap hit is nearly impossible to trade during the year without taking huge salary back, and from what I'm told Murray has a deal in place, but it means he's taking a significant portion of salary back which he doesn't want.

I would agree with this entirely. Despite what Garrioch the experts are saying he is generating interest from about 15 to 20 teams. Their level of interest and ability to meet the demands may vary but there are people that want Heatley with his contract as is. I think this will be done by the draft or at the latest, during.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I have no doubt that Heatley would give his all if he was in Ottawa. He clearly wasn't happy under Clouston, but I doubt anyone thought he wasn't trying.

No matter what job you have, if you don't want to be in a given place, your results won't be your best.

I dont see any way Heatley is a Senator after the weekend. I REALLY REALLY REALLY just want this convo to be over with so we can start talking about the new Ottawa Senators.

Neely4Life wrote:I dont see any way Heatley is a Senator after the weekend. I REALLY REALLY REALLY just want this convo to be over with so we can start talking about the new Ottawa Senators.

You need some time to start you Jay Spezza fan site... This Heatley talk is compromising those efforts...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree with DW. The comments he made were to say to the GMs that have made offers - Not good enough - Don't even think about whining about the 4M bonus because it's part of the package.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:I have no doubt that Heatley would give his all if he was in Ottawa. He clearly wasn't happy under Clouston, but I doubt anyone thought he wasn't trying.

I did. :excite:

There were several times last year where I thought it was amazingly clear he didn't give a Dung and wasn't trying. I thought it was an illusion, when clearly now, it was not.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:I dont see any way Heatley is a Senator after the weekend. I REALLY REALLY REALLY just want this convo to be over with so we can start talking about the new Ottawa Senators.
That's the way I feel, I just want his a$$ out of here now. Although, I think it may be very likely he's still a Senator come this year.

Question to all of you: Is there anything Dany HEatley could do to get back in your good books?

Win a cup in Ottawa.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
That's the way I feel, I just want his a$$ out of here now. Although, I think it may be very likely he's still a Senator come this year.

Question to all of you: Is there anything Dany HEatley could do to get back in your good books?

Produce a sexy package which includes a re-signed Frolov at 4.8 million for the next 3 years (shut up! this is my dream), Teubert to be paired with Karlsson and wreak havoc on opponent's for the next 200 years and the 5th overall, where I take Schenn and dance the mother diddling jig.

Then Heatley can come over for tea anytime he wants.

Until then, he's dead to me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum