GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who stays, who goes?

+10
spader
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Ev
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Who stays, who goes? Empty Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:57 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Time to assess the team and see who sticks for opening night.

No-brainers:

McArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Legwand - Stone
Smith - Neil

Which leaves around 3 spots between:
Condra
Greening
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar
Robinson

I'd keep the 3 kids, send Robinson down and try to trade Greening, waive Condra.
If nobody wants Greening, send Pageau down until something comes up.
Condra and Greening have been good soldiers, but time to improve the skill up front. We have enough big wingers and PK-ers right now that can play in the top 6.

As for the defense, just keep the 8 guys.

2Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is, Hoffman and Pageau do not replace Greening, and neither does Lazar, unless you want to play him on the 4th line.

Lazar replacing Condra -- that I can buy. But Greening is 6'4", and his eventual replacement is Robinson. Plus moving that contact won't be easy. Would have to play him lots and hope he turns some heads.

3Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:04 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoffman would replace Michalek, and Michalek would replace Greening.

4Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Admittedly getting rid of Condra solves a lot of problems. Might have to waive.

5Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Might be a rotation in and out of the press box to start.

6Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

LeCaptain wrote:Time to assess the team and see who sticks for opening night.

No-brainers:

McArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Legwand - Stone
Smith - Neil

Which leaves around 3 spots between:
Condra
Greening
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar
Robinson

I'd keep the 3 kids, send Robinson down and try to trade Greening, waive Condra.
If nobody wants Greening, send Pageau down until something comes up.
Condra and Greening have been good soldiers, but time to improve the skill up front. We have enough big wingers and PK-ers right now that can play in the top 6.

As for the defense, just keep the 8 guys.

I'm a Greening fan still, especially after how he performed in the playoffs last time around, so I don't know if I could pass on him. But I agree, too, that he hasn't exactly shone in the pre-season. If you could get a decent lefty D for Greening, I guess that's a move you would have to do, tho', all things considered. But I wouldn't want to just give him away or waive him.

That said, I can't see the case for keeping Condra anymore. Hoffman has earned his spot, no question now, and I think Lazar probably has too. Robinson has been a real pleasant surprise, but I think you tag him and Pageau as your first call-ups when the injuries hit. Who knows if Lazar sticks past game 9 this year, if he makes the team (I think he has), so at least you know you've got two guys who did very well at camp who can step up immediately.

7Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Once the "mystery trade" finally gets announced we'll see a whole different lineup, probably.

8Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:34 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Once the "mystery trade" finally gets announced we'll see a whole different lineup, probably.

I'm kind of shocked reporters haven't been clamouring for an update regarding that. I mean, presumably whatever it was, it fell apart long ago, but it would be nice to get some closure on that lingering issue.

9Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Once the "mystery trade" finally gets announced we'll see a whole different lineup, probably.

I'm kind of shocked reporters haven't been clamouring for an update regarding that. I mean, presumably whatever it was, it fell apart long ago, but it would be nice to get some closure on that lingering issue.

I'm sure it will be settled one way or the other by the trade deadline.

10Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Word is it was stewart and they didn't want to give up Hoffman

11Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Word is it was stewart and they didn't want to give up Hoffman

Hmm. Still not sure how I feel about Hoffman. He can be effective, but the last few games have shown that that only happens when he uses all his speed to his best advantage. When he's not skating, he seems to be pretty much a borderline AHLer. So far, anyway.

12Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah not sure what to make of Hoffman. You see all the tools but can he get them all in a tool box? Talent is there, speed is there, consistency is what he needs to find.

13Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one's sure I don't think, but he bullied his way onto opening night roster in my eyes. You don't get rid of a player that showed you that in back to back games with his nhl career potentially on the line.

14Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:27 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:No one's sure I don't think, but he bullied his way onto opening night roster in my eyes.  You don't get rid of a player that showed you that in back to back games with his nhl career potentially on the line.  

Agreed there. He has earned his spot, no question. Just not sure how long he keeps it.

15Who stays, who goes? Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The problem is he's getting old. What you see is probably what you get. He can be like a grabner or Raymond type player

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum