GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who stays, who goes?

+10
spader
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Ev
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

61Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:32 am

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

As expected...Methot to IR. Lazar/Hoffman stay to make it 23.

62Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733164

Goaltenders: Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner;
Defencemen: Mark Borowiecki, Cody Ceci, Jared Cowen, Eric Gryba, Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot (injured reserve), Chris Phillips and Patrick Wiercioch;
Forwards: Alex Chiasson, Erik Condra, Colin Greening, Mike Hoffman, Curtis Lazar, David Legwand, Clarke MacArthur, Milan Michalek, Chris Neil, Bobby Ryan, Zack Smith, Mark Stone, Kyle Turris and Mika Zibanejad.

63Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:38 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Methot on the ir gives the Sens some time to try to get a 5th for Condra.

64Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:229 Regular season NHL games. That's over 3 full NHL season.
If that's young in NHL experience...

NEELY wrote:Greening isn't young, he's a border line NHLer who has done nothing in the last calendar year including this years camp to justify actually being on the roster.  Anyone who says "he's still young" is grasping at straws.

You both seemed to ignore that I wasn't using his youth in my argument. I'm turning 53 in a couple weeks, so to me he's a young guy. The point I was trying to make was that he's had *one* bad season, not two like NEELY was postulating. But, I suppose, that's just how NEELY keeps other posters in line, by ignoring when his own assertions are shown to be factually incorrect.

65Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like we now have a good idea with respect to "Who stays, who goes?"

66Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, greening deserves another shot and he'll get it.

67Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Methot on the ir gives the Sens some time to try to get a 5th for Condra.

Gives Methot time to be on the TV. Which he loves.

Bruce Garrioch retweeted
Marc Methot @MarcMethot3 · Sep 29

Had a blast taping a segment for @22_Minutes today with @ErikKarlsson65 and @SenatorMunson. Plays next Tuesday!

68Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:59 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lines are perfect for the opener IMO

69Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Looks like we now have a good idea with respect to "Who stays, who goes?"

Indeed. Although no one really went...yet.

70Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:36 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Methot on the ir gives the Sens some time to try to get a 5th for Condra.

You kidding me? a 5th? lol

71Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:40 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

You kidding me?  a 5th? lol

I think pretty much every team has a guy in the AHL just like Condra.  His value is nil.

72Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Condra is worthless in a trade. Every single team has a player like him somewhere in their organization without exception. Greening might have value if he wasn't signed for 2 more years after this one at 2.65.

73Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:12 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For this to work Condra will need to be waived. To be honest, his contract in the minors really doesn't hurt anybody (they did it with JOB) and making $1M there will cost the organization less than him making $1M here. Could be the difference between making the playoffs and not.

Moving Greening is really what needs to be done but it won't be easy. I can't think of a single team that would entertain Greening unless he was part of a package with salary coming back.

It's too bad they don't structure contracts like the NFL with percentages of contracts as guaranteed money. If you asked me who I'd rather have on my team between Smith Pageau and Neil I'd probably lean towards Pageau.

74Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think people understand roles on teams. Not every player is supposed to be offensive. This isn't a video game. I'm done even looking at fan opinion and analysis. Done.

75Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well duh, people are beyond stupid.

76Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

like how could you watch the games recently and not be happy about Boro? But apparently he isn't an NHL calibre d-man.

PW plays soft. Boro plays hard. There's the difference.

77Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Borowiecki is perfect where he is... hell he got the entire Habs bench off their games 2 nights in a row, he's a warrior, and he's played in a limited role... and he fills a need the Sens lack in a big way. How can anyone not be happy with him in the 6, 7 spot?

PW, well everyone knows where he is lacking and its up to him to either improve there or do something else on the ice that makes him impossible to take out of the lineup.

78Who stays, who goes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who stays, who goes? Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Borowiecki is perfect where he is... hell he got the entire Habs bench off their games 2 nights in a row, he's a warrior, and he's played in a limited role... and he fills a need the Sens lack in a big way.  How can anyone not be happy with him in the 6, 7 spot?

PW, well everyone knows where he is lacking and its up to him to either improve there or do something else on the ice that makes him impossible to take out of the lineup.  

Boro isn't NHL calibre because he is already 25 and hasn't made the NHL yet.

Yet the same people love Hoffman.

Overwhelming majority think PW should be in the lineup permanently over Phillips. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum