GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray intends to trade Heatley before end of draft

+15
TheAvatar
dennycrane
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
pgood
jamvan
Urkie
smash88
asq2
Mojo
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:Frolov is 27, consistant and doesn't play like a pu$$y.
Personnaly, if we're talking LA, I'd rather have Frolov, offensive prospect and the 5th overall for Heatley +.
We need top 6 forwards and forward prospects more than a D IMO, especially with that 9th overall.

Hey, didn't you just say, on another thread, that we need as many D as we can get?

Me? scratch

I don't think so.

EDIT: If you're talking about the MEszaros trade, it was last year, when we didn't have enough D signed. Now that we have added Kuba, Picard, Lee, Campoli and potentially Karlsson, I could live without Teubert because with a 5th and 9th overall we can get Schenn and OEL/Kulikov/Cowen.

Ah! I was just scanning the latest posts and came across yours. I didn't notice the past tense in what you said:

Bottom line is, we needed as much Defensemen as possible.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Get... it.... over.... with.... Sooo sick of talking about what is going to happen, I just want to talk about what happend and what the Sens will look like in the near future.

Diddling right. Let's get 'er done.

Won't be long now.

I like how Murray plays those not-so-subtle cards.

Like if he's stuck paying that 4-million, Heatley stays. ie. You better Diddle accept the deal we bring you, or else.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I sent this to Cronie a few minutes ago. I think it'll be one of these. Smile

I think Murray will make a good deal for sure.

I would say that it'll be one of:

1.Gagner, Eberle and the 10th overall

2.Gilbert, Cogliano and Eberle

3.Gilbert, Cogliano and the 10th overall

4.Tuebert, Frolov and the 5th overall

5.Hickey, Moller and the 5th overall

6.Souray, Cogliano and the 10th overll

7.Burns and the 12th overall (we add something to this)

8.Berglund, Brewer and the 17th overall

9.Eller, 17th overall, Brewer

One of those, I would imagine.

I don't see Erik Cole anywhere in there. Are you sure?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

:^^^^: I think we get Erik Cole on July 1 to be honest. I actually think he's a huge target for Murray.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Oh, no....

You didn't...

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

:^^^^: I think we get Erik Cole on July 1 to be honest. I actually think he's a huge target for Murray.

I'd honestly have a bird.. :*:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't seen good ol Sensfan56 around for a while, but funnily enough, after all the Dung between then and now, he might finally get his wish.

Although, honestly, I don't know why the Canes wouldn't do everything in their power to re-sign him.

But...if they don't... Ahhhhh!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:Frolov is 27, consistant and doesn't play like a pu$$y.
Personnaly, if we're talking LA, I'd rather have Frolov, offensive prospect and the 5th overall for Heatley +.
We need top 6 forwards and forward prospects more than a D IMO, especially with that 9th overall.

Hey, didn't you just say, on another thread, that we need as many D as we can get?

Me? scratch

I don't think so.

EDIT: If you're talking about the MEszaros trade, it was last year, when we didn't have enough D signed. Now that we have added Kuba, Picard, Lee, Campoli and potentially Karlsson, I could live without Teubert because with a 5th and 9th overall we can get Schenn and OEL/Kulikov/Cowen.

Ah! I was just scanning the latest posts and came across yours. I didn't notice the past tense in what you said:

Bottom line is, we needed as much Defensemen as possible.

Yep :___:

In a year, we went from worse defense in the league to potentially one of the best(depends on Heatley trade + UFA)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:8.Berglund, Brewer and the 17th overall

9.Eller, 17th overall, Brewer

It'd better be the first one. I'd take Berglund over Eller 10 times out of 10.

Eller, Brewer and the 17th is very unappealing to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
It'd better be the first one. I'd take Berglund over Eller 10 times out of 10.

Eller, Brewer and the 17th is very unappealing to me.

Frankly, Brewer is quite unappealing to me. Eller and the 17th for Heatley? Not so sure I like that either. It's one of the...9 options though, and it also doesn't sound like Murray would take a package he didn't feel was optimum value. So...maybe I was just covering my tracks with that one, not sure. :^^^^:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

In a year, we went from worse defense in the league to potentially one of the best(depends on Heatley trade + UFA)

Hmmm... :??:

One of the best...I'm not sure about that. Get me a Brent Burns or a J-Bo and I'll :drinking: to that.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Hmmm... :??:

One of the best...I'm not sure about that. Get me a Brent Burns or a J-Bo and I'll :drinking: to that.

For sure, we have a well-rounded defensive corps, but without a full-fledged #1 guy we won't be comparable to the best.

One a side note, I really like the idea of getting a young defensive prospect such as Teubert/Hickey along with a high draft pick because that way we could probably draft two forwards in the first round (imagine the ire of Burke if we picked up Schenn Laughing3 ). We wouldn't need a defenseman with Karlsson, Weircioch, and the new prospect.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, basically, Murray is saying - let's get the deal down now cuz after July 1st, it ain't happening unless the offer is too good to turn down.

Posturing IMO.

The actual translation is:

If you don't get the deal into me before July 1, I have bad news: it's gonna cost you more. And if you don't like it, you can kiss my Donkey. Stop being yeller and slam dunk this Wing Dang Doodle.

Furthermore, you scared rat bastards, if no offer comes in that I like, Heatley will remain here until one of you grows a set.

now your connotation I get, why can't GM's talk like that to the media? oh yeah, nevermind.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It will be very interesting to see where our defense stands this coming season. We have three good defensive defensemen in Phillips, Volchenkov and Kuba (yes, Kuba is a defensive defenseman, he just does it with stickwork and positioning rather than big body checks); I fully expect a return to form from Phillips, who I think slipped badly under Hartsburg. Then we have smaller, more mobile guys who like to shoot in Campoli and Picard. I'm not sure where to slot Lee yet -- he doesn't shoot, although he's mobile, and he doesn't hit, although he's got some size. Maybe he's another Kuba in the making. I'm not talking about Bell because as far as I know he's not signed yet. Add Karlsson to the mix, who has the potential to be a #1b type -- not a big, physical presence, but moves the puck at an elite level and has a great, accurate shot. While I don't think this is the top of the league, it certainly is a change from two years ago when had Redden and Meszaros chewing up minutes while not showing much desire to play here. If we get a defensive prospect coming back I don't know if he could help out right away -- he would have to be ahead of Lee, Picard, Bell (if signed) and Karlsson. But in a couple of years we could have Wiercioch and "the prospect" pushing for spots in the lineup, at which point we would probably have one of the deepest bluelines in the league.

I agree, we would do well to grab two forwards in the first. Not sure about the second, though. We still need a goalie to play in Bingo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What we have to start thinking about very carefully is
succession planning. Phillips is a 12-year veteran (counting the
lockout year) so he will be thinking of retiring in 3-4 years. A-Train
is, what, 4 years younger (?) but the way he plays I don't expect him
to play as long. Kuba is a 10-year vet himself.

Unless Wiercioch grows into it, do we have a top-end defensive
defenseman with size coming up through the ranks? I would definitely
like to have one ready to play in 2 years, to be mentored
by Phillips, taught shot-blocking techniques by A-Train. Maybe that
could be our 2nd round pick, but I have this uneasy feeling that it's
already too late -- 2nd round defensemen probably take more than 2-3
years to make it to the NHL.

Anyone have any updates on Lyamin and Anikiyenko?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

we haven't signed Mike Brodeur yet? I thought he was our Bingo goalie to be, strange how we haven't heard anything lately on that, maybe the Heatley fiasco had to put the Brodeur deal on the back burner.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:we haven't signed Mike Brodeur yet? I thought he was our Bingo goalie to be, strange how we haven't heard anything lately on that, maybe the Heatley fiasco had to put the Brodeur deal on the back burner.

Forgot about that one. He's still unproven at the AHL level, though, no?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:we haven't signed Mike Brodeur yet? I thought he was our Bingo goalie to be, strange how we haven't heard anything lately on that, maybe the Heatley fiasco had to put the Brodeur deal on the back burner.

Forgot about that one. He's still unproven at the AHL level, though, no?

very true indeed, but a few members have spoken highly of him, and well, he can't be worse than Jeff Glass....right.....right? FingersCrossed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum