GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray intends to trade Heatley before end of draft

+15
TheAvatar
dennycrane
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
pgood
jamvan
Urkie
smash88
asq2
Mojo
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dared not even mention Kopitar. I love that guy!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I beg to disagree, they'll get the right deal or keep Heatley. The fire's under the rest of the GM's feet; they are competing against one another (and possibly under Heatley's) but certainly not under Murray's feet.

Just think what Heatley could bring in at the trade deadline ... Smile

TA

After his performance in the finals two years ago, would you, as a GM, try to get him at the deadline?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:evening boys!!

Whoa. what a crazy few weeks I've had!!
o.k. for once, I would like some credit for saying this about 2 weeks ago and after chatting with a few friends, other posters and a source or 3, here's what I've learned.

Lombardi IS in on this...MAKE NO MISTAKE!!
Word is that LA has an offer in that Murray is keeping 'on ice' so to speak, to see if any other gm's will overbid or outbid between now and friday; and according to one connected friend, Edmonton has quietly made an offer of their own. Now, I'm not saying Murray is in the midst of an all-out bidding war, but teams (at least these 2 for what I'm being told) are heavy into it.
I've heard nothing in regards to the Blues or Vancouver, but a friend of mine was mentioning Vancouver almost jokingly but his argument started to make sense. However, I have nothing on that front.

Friday could be VERY interesting indeed, whether a deal happens or not; but rest assured, there IS activity and Murray has at least 2 offers to mull over.

From LA, I've heard that it 'could' include what we've all speculated about. A combo of either Frolov, Teubert/Hidkey and their 5th overall; whereas some are suggesting Kopitar, but I just CANNOT wrap my head around that.

As for Edmonton, I believe Spezdispenser and/or Cas or Jammer nailed it as I heard...

This could, for sens fans anyway, be the longest 96 hours EVER!!

Cool, interesting to say the least.

Frolov, Hickey/Teubert and the 5th is a dream - even though, I'd rather Oscar Moller personally, you can't argue with Frolov's numbers - plus he can be re-traded at the deadline for a late 1st.

Edmonton for Gagner, Eberle and the 10th overall? Or no 10th overall?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly Spez (I have to get used to your new name...), I've heard both; some saying the 10th is on the table, and a few saying no, not at this time.
However, if Edmonton wants to sway Murray, logic, to me, would dictate you throw in the 10th and little somethin' somethin' to boot, like say Vishnovsky, or Souray perhaps... but hey, that's just me! LOL

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

o.k. for once, I would like some credit for saying this about 2 weeks ago and after chatting with a few friends, other posters and a source or 3, here's what I've learned.

Word is that LA has an offer in that Murray is keeping 'on ice' so to speak, to see if any other gm's will overbid or outbid between now and friday; and according to one connected friend, Edmonton has quietly made an offer of their own. Now, I'm not saying Murray is in the midst of an all-out bidding war, but teams (at least these 2 for what I'm being told) are heavy into it.
I've heard nothing in regards to the Blues or Vancouver, but a friend of mine was mentioning Vancouver almost jokingly but his argument started to make sense. However, I have nothing on that front.

Friday could be VERY interesting indeed, whether a deal happens or not; but rest assured, there IS activity and Murray has at least 2 offers to mull over.

From LA, I've heard that it 'could' include what we've all speculated about. A combo of either Frolov, Teubert/Hidkey and their 5th overall; whereas some are suggesting Kopitar, but I just CANNOT wrap my head around that.

As for Edmonton, I believe Spezdispenser and/or Cas or Jammer nailed it as I heard...

Good to hear. So, if he's got two offers and he is publicly saying he's got one that is approaching what he wants, could be interesting. If Lombardi and Lowe are talking, then they know it's the two of them. Chances are, though, that beither one knows if any other teams are involved. In which case they have to assume that their offer is close.

Now, all Murray has to do is let it slip that he has several legitimate offers, but only one that is close, and that will give each GM an uneasy feeling: if there are several offers out there, chances are it's not mine that is the "close" one.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Frolov is 27, consistant and doesn't play like a pu$$y.
Personnaly, if we're talking LA, I'd rather have Frolov, offensive prospect and the 5th overall for Heatley +.
We need top 6 forwards and forward prospects more than a D IMO, especially with that 9th overall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Frolov is 27, consistant and doesn't play like a pu$$y.
Personnaly, if we're talking LA, I'd rather have Frolov, offensive prospect and the 5th overall for Heatley +.
We need top 6 forwards and forward prospects more than a D IMO, especially with that 9th overall.

Hey, didn't you just say, on another thread, that we need as many D as we can get?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Good to hear. So, if he's got two offers and he is publicly saying he's got one that is approaching what he wants, could be interesting. If Lombardi and Lowe are talking, then they know it's the two of them. Chances are, though, that beither one knows if any other teams are involved. In which case they have to assume that their offer is close.

Now, all Murray has to do is let it slip that he has several legitimate offers, but only one that is close, and that will give each GM an uneasy feeling: if there are several offers out there, chances are it's not mine that is the "close" one.

Well said. I could not have done so better my friend.

And to be honest, I think Murray may indeed do JUST that in the next 24 or 48 hours...

AHHH!! The plot thickens... :

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronie wrote:
wprager wrote:

Well said. I could not have done so better my friend.

And to be honest, I think Murray may indeed do JUST that in the next 24 or 48 hours...

AHHH!! The plot thickens... :

LOL, It's going to be an excruciating couple of days!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Hey, didn't you just say, on another thread, that we need as many D as we can get?

Me? scratch

I don't think so.

EDIT: If you're talking about the MEszaros trade, it was last year, when we didn't have enough D signed. Now that we have added Kuba, Picard, Lee, Campoli and potentially Karlsson, I could live without Teubert because with a 5th and 9th overall we can get Schenn and OEL/Kulikov/Cowen.

Last edited by marakh on Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Honestly Spez (I have to get used to your new name...), I've heard both; some saying the 10th is on the table, and a few saying no, not at this time.
However, if Edmonton wants to sway Murray, logic, to me, would dictate you throw in the 10th and little somethin' somethin' to boot, like say Vishnovsky, or Souray perhaps... but hey, that's just me! LOL

If the 10th overall isn't on the table, Gagner, Eberle better be at the very least.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Cronie wrote:Honestly Spez (I have to get used to your new name...), I've heard both; some saying the 10th is on the table, and a few saying no, not at this time.

If the 10th overall isn't on the table, Gagner, Eberle better be at the very least.

I could live with Gagner + Vishno.

Get... it.... over.... with.... Sooo sick of talking about what is going to happen, I just want to talk about what happend and what the Sens will look like in the near future.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I sent this to Cronie a few minutes ago. I think it'll be one of these. Smile

I think Murray will make a good deal for sure.

I would say that it'll be one of:

1.Gagner, Eberle and the 10th overall

2.Gilbert, Cogliano and Eberle

3.Gilbert, Cogliano and the 10th overall

4.Tuebert, Frolov and the 5th overall

5.Hickey, Moller and the 5th overall

6.Souray, Cogliano and the 10th overll

7.Burns and the 12th overall (we add something to this)

8.Berglund, Brewer and the 17th overall

9.Eller, 17th overall, Brewer

One of those, I would imagine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Get... it.... over.... with.... Sooo sick of talking about what is going to happen, I just want to talk about what happend and what the Sens will look like in the near future.

Diddling right. Let's get 'er done.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:

Me? scratch

I don't think so.

EDIT: If you're talking about the MEszaros trade, it was last year, when we didn't have enough D signed. Now that we have added Kuba, Picard, Lee, Campoli and potentially Karlsson, I could live without Teubert because with a 5th and 9th overall we can get Schenn and OEL/Kulikov/Cowen.

Ah! I was just scanning the latest posts and came across yours. I didn't notice the past tense in what you said:

Bottom line is, we needed as much Defensemen as possible.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Get... it.... over.... with.... Sooo sick of talking about what is going to happen, I just want to talk about what happend and what the Sens will look like in the near future.

Diddling right. Let's get 'er done.

Won't be long now.

I like how Murray plays those not-so-subtle cards.

Like if he's stuck paying that 4-million, Heatley stays. ie. You better Diddle accept the deal we bring you, or else.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I sent this to Cronie a few minutes ago. I think it'll be one of these. Smile

I think Murray will make a good deal for sure.

I would say that it'll be one of:

1.Gagner, Eberle and the 10th overall

2.Gilbert, Cogliano and Eberle

3.Gilbert, Cogliano and the 10th overall

4.Tuebert, Frolov and the 5th overall

5.Hickey, Moller and the 5th overall

6.Souray, Cogliano and the 10th overll

7.Burns and the 12th overall (we add something to this)

8.Berglund, Brewer and the 17th overall

9.Eller, 17th overall, Brewer

One of those, I would imagine.

I don't see Erik Cole anywhere in there. Are you sure?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum