GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray intends to trade Heatley before end of draft

+15
TheAvatar
dennycrane
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
pgood
jamvan
Urkie
smash88
asq2
Mojo
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Urkie wrote:I wonder what team team is close to making a good offer. Wouldn't everybody in this forum like to know? :^^^^:

But if the team in question added more to their deal then they're a little more desperate to get Heatley so logically it would lead you to believe it's probably Edmonton.

I said before the draft it's likely to be Edmonton and after July 1st it's likely to be San Jose. I'm going to stick with that.

I think Edmonton as well right now. Why wouldn't they? Fine, you want Gagner and the 10th overall? Deal, let's go. We have mucho marketing to do around Heatley.
If it's Edmonton, you can for sure pencil in Eberle into the deal. He's an integral part if we deal with Edmonton.

I still think Vancouver and LA are big players.

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:I'm still saying LA. More assets, bigger need, gone public saying they wanted a high scoring winger.

I can't remember who it was but someone from LA management came out and said the had some serious questions about Heatley and we're skeptical. I know you can say one thing and actually be thinking something else but the way he said it led me to believe they are worried about his character.

pgood

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:I'm still saying LA. More assets, bigger need, gone public saying they wanted a high scoring winger.

And now Matt Barry on that other site seems to think that Kopitar could be available as well. No mention of him connected to Ottawa and Heatley in any way, only that he thinks Lombardi would consider moving him if he doesn't show a bit more commitment to the team and to improving himself.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Furthermore, you scared rat bastards, if no offer comes in that I like, Heatley will remain here until one of you grows a set.[/i]

Also tells Heatley that if an offer comes in that Murray likes but Heatley doesn't want to waive his NTC, he will be playing for a team that probably doesn't like him very much.

Dont believe anything coming out of a GM's mouth at this time of year. if their lips are moving, they are lying.

Matthew Berry is an absolute hack.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:I think you might be dead right on Edmonton, but there has also been talk of St. Louis a lot today with Boyes and Backes being part of the deal.

I agree with that and I'll say that they are probably more likely to trade with us then LA is. They we're 19th in scoring last year and have said they need an added boost offensively. Putting more fans in the arena would also be a big part of it for them.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:Matthew Berry is an absolute hack.

Yeah his Kopitar thing, is a little far-fetched....

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:

Yeah his Kopitar thing, is a little far-fetched....

Perhaps not. After all, Kopitar is overdue to become an Ottawa Senator. I'm still waiting for us to trade Ray Emery for him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
If it's Edmonton, you can for sure pencil in Eberle into the deal. He's an integral part if we deal with Edmonton.

I still think Vancouver and LA are big players.

Quite true. Gagner, Eberle, Souray/Visnovsky and the 10th overall for Heatley, one of Picard or Lee and perhaps Columbus' 2nd rounder (or ours if pressured).

Let's get 'er done. It's agonizing to wait. ⭕

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hahaha, nice Shabbs, you beat me to the punch.
Indeed... but you and I took two differnet views of it...

Wink

Really?
You initially posted that it looked like Heatley was likely to remain a Sen... I didn't get that feeling from the article, but I see you edited your post now. Murray's just putting the heat on the other GM's and letting Heatley know that he's in control. Good on him.

This is what Lombardi said.

"We now have the cards to trade for that player. We can even talk about trading our first round pick if it's the right player. We couldn't talk about it before."

Im not buying the LA isnt interested in Heatley BS.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who the heck is that?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Who the heck is that?
King's blogger on HBuzz...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:This is what Lombardi said.

"We now have the cards to trade for that player. We can even talk about trading our first round pick if it's the right player. We couldn't talk about it before."

Im not buying the LA isnt interested in Heatley BS.

Puking2 OMG, I'm getting nervous. Is this it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Who the heck is that?
King's blogger on HBuzz...

I may have replied to someone on that blog that suggested:

Erik Johnson
Paul Kariya
St.Louis' 1st rounder

for Heatley and Lee

Laughing3 Good luck with that!

He said that 2 months ago. It's not like anything has changed. I should have posted that a while ago.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

EDIT, no it was in Mark's blog. I don't give a flying Diddle about some blogger for the Kings on Hockeybuzz. Wow...it's bad enough as it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum