GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray intends to trade Heatley before end of draft

+15
TheAvatar
dennycrane
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
pgood
jamvan
Urkie
smash88
asq2
Mojo
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

I bet Lambardo wishes he didnt say that 2 months ago now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lombardo's either in, or he's out. Either way, Heatley will be moved and if you believe Murray, the return should be nice.

Dung or get off the pot Lombardi. Now's your time to make your mark. You can be chicken Dung, or you can do it. I would suggest you do it though. Make a name for yourself and stop hording picks that will only work out in 3 years (if you're lucky).

Now...is the time for LA to do this.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i just read this from mark christophers blog on HB

In an interesting twist, today I was told Murray has gone to Heatley's
camp with a potential suitor for Heatley and has basically told
Heater's camp "this is the team we are working with at the moment and
this is where you'll be going if you want out."

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i just read this from mark christophers blog on HB

:BB:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wonder if Murray actually encourraged all these GM's to come out against Heatley. It would server to make a point to Heatley that his choices are very limited and he better go with what Murray brings back or else he'll be sucking it up in a Sens jersey next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How did I miss this thread? And it's up to 5 pages already, dang!

Anyhow, this sounds like either great news or Murray is trying to scare some GMs into action. I mean, it is possible that he has had *no* bits worth mentioning, so he's throwing this out there to generate some action.

Man, I sure hope not.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I don't think Ottawa will get Heatley's full worth, but I think they will do fine. In pro sports, if you can produce on the field of play, you will always get a job, no matter your attitude.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I beg to disagree, they'll get the right deal or keep Heatley. The fire's under the rest of the GM's feet; they are competing against one another (and possibly under Heatley's) but certainly not under Murray's feet.

Just think what Heatley could bring in at the trade deadline ... Smile

TA

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

I wonder if Murray actually encourraged all these GM's to come out against Heatley. It would server to make a point to Heatley that his choices are very limited and he better go with what Murray brings back or else he'll be sucking it up in a Sens jersey next year.

Although he's good friends with Burke, I doubt Burke would risk what's happened (NHL-wide ridicule) for a buddy.

McPhee doesn't give a Dung because he's as far away from the Heatley sweeps as is humanly possible.

I would however, presume that David Poile and the Preds are 100% out of the running/or never had interest after his comments.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:How did I miss this thread? And it's up to 5 pages already, dang!

Anyhow, this sounds like either great news or Murray is trying to scare some GMs into action. I mean, it is possible that he has had *no* bits worth mentioning, so he's throwing this out there to generate some action.

Man, I sure hope not.

I thought the same thing. :^^^^:

No, I think he's got a few suitors lined up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:How did I miss this thread? And it's up to 5 pages already, dang!
You gotta be quick on the draw 'round here...

SpezDispenser wrote:1.6? I like the ring of 1.6.

Then we can add Neil to the 88 3rd and 4th liners we have to go along with the 289 3rd pairing D we have.

Yay... Ahhhhh!
:^^^^: :n:

SpezDispenser wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:That's all it is. Hextal can say what he wants, LA and Edmonton will be the 2 teams out bidding each other on Friday.

PS Transformers comes out at midnight tomorrow... That is the biggest day of the year!

Hextall might be mentally challenged (E3), I'm looking into it.

Laughing3 Laughing3

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

evening boys!!

Whoa. what a crazy few weeks I've had!!
o.k. for once, I would like some credit for saying this about 2 weeks ago and after chatting with a few friends, other posters and a source or 3, here's what I've learned.

Lombardi IS in on this...MAKE NO MISTAKE!!
Word is that LA has an offer in that Murray is keeping 'on ice' so to speak, to see if any other gm's will overbid or outbid between now and friday; and according to one connected friend, Edmonton has quietly made an offer of their own. Now, I'm not saying Murray is in the midst of an all-out bidding war, but teams (at least these 2 for what I'm being told) are heavy into it.
I've heard nothing in regards to the Blues or Vancouver, but a friend of mine was mentioning Vancouver almost jokingly but his argument started to make sense. However, I have nothing on that front.

Friday could be VERY interesting indeed, whether a deal happens or not; but rest assured, there IS activity and Murray has at least 2 offers to mull over.

From LA, I've heard that it 'could' include what we've all speculated about. A combo of either Frolov, Teubert/Hidkey and their 5th overall; whereas some are suggesting Kopitar, but I just CANNOT wrap my head around that.

As for Edmonton, I believe Spezdispenser and/or Cas or Jammer nailed it as I heard...

This could, for sens fans anyway, be the longest 96 hours EVER!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm ok, tomorrow evening is partying (I love quebec haha), wednesday is Transformers in IMAX +Cruise on the Ottawa river.

I hope to hear the word "Breaking news" from Dean Roberts' voice at work on thursday morning :n:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dared not even mention Kopitar. I love that guy!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:I beg to disagree, they'll get the right deal or keep Heatley. The fire's under the rest of the GM's feet; they are competing against one another (and possibly under Heatley's) but certainly not under Murray's feet.

Just think what Heatley could bring in at the trade deadline ... Smile

TA

After his performance in the finals two years ago, would you, as a GM, try to get him at the deadline?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:evening boys!!

Whoa. what a crazy few weeks I've had!!
o.k. for once, I would like some credit for saying this about 2 weeks ago and after chatting with a few friends, other posters and a source or 3, here's what I've learned.

Lombardi IS in on this...MAKE NO MISTAKE!!
Word is that LA has an offer in that Murray is keeping 'on ice' so to speak, to see if any other gm's will overbid or outbid between now and friday; and according to one connected friend, Edmonton has quietly made an offer of their own. Now, I'm not saying Murray is in the midst of an all-out bidding war, but teams (at least these 2 for what I'm being told) are heavy into it.
I've heard nothing in regards to the Blues or Vancouver, but a friend of mine was mentioning Vancouver almost jokingly but his argument started to make sense. However, I have nothing on that front.

Friday could be VERY interesting indeed, whether a deal happens or not; but rest assured, there IS activity and Murray has at least 2 offers to mull over.

From LA, I've heard that it 'could' include what we've all speculated about. A combo of either Frolov, Teubert/Hidkey and their 5th overall; whereas some are suggesting Kopitar, but I just CANNOT wrap my head around that.

As for Edmonton, I believe Spezdispenser and/or Cas or Jammer nailed it as I heard...

This could, for sens fans anyway, be the longest 96 hours EVER!!

Cool, interesting to say the least.

Frolov, Hickey/Teubert and the 5th is a dream - even though, I'd rather Oscar Moller personally, you can't argue with Frolov's numbers - plus he can be re-traded at the deadline for a late 1st.

Edmonton for Gagner, Eberle and the 10th overall? Or no 10th overall?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum