GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray intends to trade Heatley before end of draft

+15
TheAvatar
dennycrane
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
pgood
jamvan
Urkie
smash88
asq2
Mojo
PKC
PTFlea
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Lost in this is the Neil update, I am hoping the guy sticks around for a reasonable $/term. I don't want to screw him but he had one of his worst seasons in his big contract year. He can't think he is a $2M guy. His intangibles (which I truly appreciate) make him a $1.5M for three or four years guy but without them he is not even in the league.

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Mojo wrote:
I don't get your opening comment. I thought for the most part this article was a positive for Sens fans.

Edited for clarity. That wasn't my remark, I meant the headline to read Blah blah blah if he isn't traded by July 1st...

...then he'll remain a Sen.

Then go on with the story.

Gotcha Smile Makes much more sense now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.6? I like the ring of 1.6.

Then we can add Neil to the 88 3rd and 4th liners we have to go along with the 289 3rd pairing D we have.

Yay... Ahhhhh!

Love it! Murray knows exactly what is going to happen, haha, Heatley doesnt.

Basically Murray just said, "if we pay him one cent of his 09/10 salry, he is playing in Ottawa". Puts the pressure on Heatley to basically play anywhere he wants him to. It also puts the pressure on a GM to make the deal because if they dont land Heatley, and Hossa or Gaborik dont sign in the city of that GM, they have done nothing but get worse in the sense that someone else in the West got better.

Love what Murray is doing, love it, love it, love it.

Hopefully they can give Neil an extra year at 500 k so its a smaller cap hit.

The AHL would be OURS for the taking...

Neely4Life wrote:Love it! Murray knows exactly what is going to happen, haha, Heatley doesnt.

Basically Murray just said, "if we pay him one cent of his 09/10 salry, he is playing in Ottawa". Puts the pressure on Heatley to basically play anywhere he wants him to. It also puts the pressure on a GM to make the deal because if they dont land Heatley, and Hossa or Gaborik dont sign in the city of that GM, they have done nothing but get worse in the sense that someone else in the West got better.

Absolutely, you don't want Heatley to be the consolation prize for the guys who couldn't get Havlat or Gaborik. Smart move by a smart GM...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:The AHL would be OURS for the taking...

Laughing3 I'm amused by that, but what do you mean?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Love it! Murray knows exactly what is going to happen, haha, Heatley doesnt.

It's definitely cool. cool)

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

It's definitely cool. cool)

I've been saying this since day 1... People think Ottawa will get screwed in this deal, but Heatley doesn't have to be traded... I'm glad Murray is taking this stance..

I'd love to be a fly on the wall the first day of training camp if Heatley is indeed still here and reports... :^^^^:

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

I wonder what team team is close to making a good offer. Wouldn't everybody in this forum like to know? :^^^^:

But if the team in question added more to their deal then they're a little more desperate to get Heatley so logically it would lead you to believe it's probably Edmonton.

I said before the draft it's likely to be Edmonton and after July 1st it's likely to be San Jose. I'm going to stick with that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:I wonder what team team is close to making a good offer. Wouldn't everybody in this forum like to know? :^^^^:

But if the team in question added more to their deal then they're a little more desperate to get Heatley so logically it would lead you to believe it's probably Edmonton.

I said before the draft it's likely to be Edmonton and after July 1st it's likely to be San Jose. I'm going to stick with that.

I think Edmonton as well right now. Why wouldn't they? Fine, you want Gagner and the 10th overall? Deal, let's go. We have mucho marketing to do around Heatley.

I'm still saying LA. More assets, bigger need, gone public saying they wanted a high scoring winger.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Urkie wrote:I wonder what team team is close to making a good offer. Wouldn't everybody in this forum like to know? :^^^^:

I think you might be dead right on Edmonton, but there has also been talk of St. Louis a lot today with Boyes and Backes being part of the deal.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:

Absolutely, you don't want Heatley to be the consolation prize for the guys who couldn't get Havlat or Gaborik. Smart move by a smart GM...

Heatley as a "consolation prize" would work very well in Ottawa's favor. Any team looking to make a splash and missing out on the big name free agents are forced to either pay a higher premium to get Heatley or make no splash at all.

Despite Heatley's moronic public trade request, this will work out just fine for Ottawa I think. As long as Murray sticks to his guns about getting the package he wants or not moving him then everything will be great.

Either that or Dany changes his mind, decides he wants to stay, grows some dreads, scores 50 goals and 100 pts and becomes the Manny Ramirez of the NHL...

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

I think Edmonton as well right now. Why wouldn't they? Fine, you want Gagner and the 10th overall? Deal, let's go. We have mucho marketing to do around Heatley.
If it's Edmonton, you can for sure pencil in Eberle into the deal. He's an integral part if we deal with Edmonton.

I still think Vancouver and LA are big players.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Neely4Life wrote:I'm still saying LA. More assets, bigger need, gone public saying they wanted a high scoring winger.

I can't remember who it was but someone from LA management came out and said the had some serious questions about Heatley and we're skeptical. I know you can say one thing and actually be thinking something else but the way he said it led me to believe they are worried about his character.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:I'm still saying LA. More assets, bigger need, gone public saying they wanted a high scoring winger.

And now Matt Barry on that other site seems to think that Kopitar could be available as well. No mention of him connected to Ottawa and Heatley in any way, only that he thinks Lombardi would consider moving him if he doesn't show a bit more commitment to the team and to improving himself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum