GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 41]

166All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:49 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Poetic justice would be the Habs having to wait for a final game of the season to determine if they make it or not... totally out of their control... and having an ex-Habs score the game winner that resulted in them not making the playoffs.

I would light a big fat cigar, pour myself a nice Single Malt and grin from ear to ear as I puffed on the Cuban.

After the Sens game on April 6, the Canadiens finish the season against Conference rivals Boston, Rangers (on the road) and Penguins (at home). That playoff spot may very well be on the line.

So one imagines you will be cheering for Johnny Torts, and Sid, Geno and the Pingu Posse.
8)

Single malt, eh...

167All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:Poetic justice would be the Habs having to wait for a final game of the season to determine if they make it or not... totally out of their control... and having an ex-Habs score the game winner that resulted in them not making the playoffs.

I would light a big fat cigar, pour myself a nice Single Malt and grin from ear to ear as I puffed on the Cuban.

After the Sens game on April 6, the Canadiens finish the season against Conference rivals Boston, Rangers (on the road) and Penguins (at home). That playoff spot may very well be on the line.

So one imagines you will be cheering for Johnny Torts, and Sid, Geno and the Pingu Posse.
8)

Single malt, eh...

any ex habs on the Penguins? I am sure we can find a connection there somewhere, we will make one if they have to.

Edit...the only connection I found that is Garon used to play for Montreal, so unless Pitts starts that guy and he plays lights out, doubt we will have any ex-Hab connection taking them down.

168All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:05 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:

8)

Single malt, eh...
HA! Well, if it does happen, I'll be sippin' on some Cardhu and puffin' on a Cuban.

169All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:

8)

Single malt, eh...
HA! Well, if it does happen, I'll be sippin' on some Cardhu and puffin' on a Cuban.

Get puffin and sippin...those three contests will be some seriously intense games.

I'm visualizing you cheering for Sid Wink

170All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Devils are in Montreal on Sat night. That could get ugly.

171All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:25 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:The Devils are in Montreal on Sat night. That could get ugly.

I am hoping it does, how close is Brodeur to the record? wouldn't it be great to get the win to break the Hab's best goalie record against the Habs themselves, now that is a good story line.

172All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:41 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

If he doesn't play until the Montreal game, and he wins there, then I think he ties the record

173All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

I am hoping it does, how close is Brodeur to the record? wouldn't it be great to get the win to break the Hab's best goalie record against the Habs themselves, now that is a good story line.

If you believe the pundits in Montreal, Martin Brodeur is the Habs fans' favorite non-Habs goalie...they've never forgiven Canadiens management for not drafting him instead of Turner Stevenson.
:KJK:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html

174All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:48 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

If you believe the pundits in Montreal, Martin Brodeur is the Habs fans' favorite non-Habs goalie...they've never forgiven Canadiens management for not drafting him instead of Turner Stevenson.
:KJK:

[url=http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1990e.html[/quote[/url]]

Turner who? lol, well I am afraid I won't poke fun too much at the Habs GM on that one, the Habs fans will be quick to point out Alexandre Daigle to us, that one still stings. In fact, when I still play my NHL 07 dynasty, Daigle is funny enough on the Leafs roster, oh I tell you, I hit that little # 9 every time he is on the ice and never let up on him, knocked him out for 20 games at one point lol yeah am a bit peeved over that bust still.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

175All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

Turner who? lol, well I am afraid I won't poke fun too much at the Habs GM on that one, the Habs fans will be quick to point out Alexandre Daigle to us, that one still stings. In fact, when I still play my NHL 07 dynasty, Daigle is funny enough on the Leafs roster, oh I tell you, I hit that little # 9 every time he is on the ice and never let up on him, knocked him out for 20 games at one point lol yeah am a bit peeved over that bust still.

Turner Stevenson...one of the true "NHL hopeful who became a non-event" players.

Check out these stats.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5183

From the dark mid-90s days of Les Canadiens.

176All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:

Brodeur is 1 win away from tying Roy's record of 551 wins.

How sweet would that be to do it in Montreal?

Sweet.

177All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa! I think i'll be using the ol' PIP feature and checking out both the Sens/Pens and Habs/Devils tilt this weekend.

C'mon Brodeur, bring it on! You're so close!!

178All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Brodeur is 1 win away from tying Roy's record of 551 wins.

How sweet would that be to do it in Montreal?

Sweet.

I hope it's a freaking shutout too, would definitely put Montreal in their place and let them know they are definitely not in the elite of league.

179All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette with a goal for Columbus, they lead the 'Hawks 1-0.

I'm glad for him. I think he could really realize his potential there, and I don't think he was going to here. Let's hope Pascal Leclaire is able to realize his vast potential as well. Smile

180All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Vermette with a goal for Columbus, they lead the 'Hawks 1-0.

I'm glad for him. I think he could really realize his potential there, and I don't think he was going to here. Let's hope Pascal Leclaire is able to realize his vast potential as well. Smile

That's two for Vermette...he is playing extremely well for the Jackets. :D

181All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:

Thanks. I watched the second period but haven't been watching the third. I'm pulling for the Jackets to make the playoffs.

Also, 3 point night for 19-year-old Voracek so far. 8)

Future is bright in C-Bus.

182All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Thanks. I watched the second period but haven't been watching the third. I'm pulling for the Jackets to make the playoffs.

Also, 3 point night for 19-year-old Voracek so far. 8)

Future is bright in C-Bus.

An excellent game tonight between two young, fast, and well matched teams. Columbus was ready from the drop of the puck and played their tails off...the Hawks had all they could handle and still managed to swing the momentum back their way before the Jackets went up by two in the third. The Hawks made it a one goal game again on a terrific score by Patrick Kane, but Nash sealed it with an empty netter.

Some superb saves by both Huet and Dubie.

As you probably know, I really like the Jackets as well, and hope they make it to the dance this year.

:D

183All Hockey talk all the time - Page 12 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

For Vermette's sake, I agree, although I don't tend to watch them much.

From what I've seen, though, I haven't gotten the feeling that they are ready to challenge - have they improved that much? (I'm much higher on Chicago, so your suggestion that they are well matched makes me wonder what I've missed).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum