GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 41]

181All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:57 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:Vermette with a goal for Columbus, they lead the 'Hawks 1-0.

I'm glad for him. I think he could really realize his potential there, and I don't think he was going to here. Let's hope Pascal Leclaire is able to realize his vast potential as well. Smile

That's two for Vermette...he is playing extremely well for the Jackets. :D

Thanks. I watched the second period but haven't been watching the third. I'm pulling for the Jackets to make the playoffs.

Also, 3 point night for 19-year-old Voracek so far. 8)

Future is bright in C-Bus.

182All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:15 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:Vermette with a goal for Columbus, they lead the 'Hawks 1-0.

I'm glad for him. I think he could really realize his potential there, and I don't think he was going to here. Let's hope Pascal Leclaire is able to realize his vast potential as well. Smile

That's two for Vermette...he is playing extremely well for the Jackets. :D

Thanks. I watched the second period but haven't been watching the third. I'm pulling for the Jackets to make the playoffs.

Also, 3 point night for 19-year-old Voracek so far. 8)

Future is bright in C-Bus.

An excellent game tonight between two young, fast, and well matched teams. Columbus was ready from the drop of the puck and played their tails off...the Hawks had all they could handle and still managed to swing the momentum back their way before the Jackets went up by two in the third. The Hawks made it a one goal game again on a terrific score by Patrick Kane, but Nash sealed it with an empty netter.

Some superb saves by both Huet and Dubie.

As you probably know, I really like the Jackets as well, and hope they make it to the dance this year.

:D

183All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

For Vermette's sake, I agree, although I don't tend to watch them much.

From what I've seen, though, I haven't gotten the feeling that they are ready to challenge - have they improved that much? (I'm much higher on Chicago, so your suggestion that they are well matched makes me wonder what I've missed).

184All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I think recent evidence suggests that a young core will struggle in its first foray in the playoffs: Pittsburgh and Washington are examples of that. But you shouldn't under-estimate a team with Hitch at the helm.

I think the mere fact of making the playoffs would be a triumph and would help the fan-base a lot in signalling that the team is on the rise. Same goes for Florida in the East.

185All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:56 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I think recent evidence suggests that a young core will struggle in its first foray in the playoffs: Pittsburgh and Washington are examples of that. But you shouldn't under-estimate a team with Hitch at the helm.

I think the mere fact of making the playoffs would be a triumph and would help the fan-base a lot in signalling that the team is on the rise. Same goes for Florida in the East.

You are right on about 'The Hitch Factor'. And the fan base in CLB is energized as well...the house in Columbus was packed the other night. Hitch utilizes his talent as well as any coach I can think of.

Assuming the Jackets and Hawks both make the playoffs, you'll have two dynamic young teams, each with many players experiencing their first postseason games...both sprinkled with some veterans...should be fun to watch.

186All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:28 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

2 goals tonight for Vermie. Insane.

187All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:34 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:2 goals tonight for Vermie. Insane.

It's awesome for him, enjoy some success deep into the playoffs I hope Vermie, Columbus will be loving how you win the draws at that important time of the year.

188All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:51 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:

It's awesome for him, enjoy some success deep into the playoffs I hope Vermie, Columbus will be loving how you win the draws at that important time of the year.

Vermette was playing on the PP last night as well. His playing with much more confidence under Hitch. So far he fits in perfectly with the Jackets.

189All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:54 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Vermette was playing on the PP last night as well. His playing with much more confidence under Hitch. So far he fits in perfectly with the Jackets.

It's great to see that, and thankfully, in the western conference, he won't have much opportunity to burn us with his new found confidence, but am hoping he wreaks havoc all over the western teams.

190All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:56 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

It's great to see that, and thankfully, in the western conference, he won't have much opportunity to burn us with his new found confidence, but am hoping he wreaks havoc all over the western teams.

3 goals and 3 assists for The Verminator so far as a Jacket...heck, he might even hit 20 goals at this new pace...

From the AP game recap:
“I got to say since I got here, the guys have made it easy on me. Everyone is working hard and working the same way,” Vermette said. “I couldn’t ask for anything for better than that. Guys are playing pretty well with good structure.

“I’ve been lucky enough to never miss one playoff. Having a chance to join this group of guys and make a pretty good push, I’m pretty happy about it.”
Vermette has three goals and three assists since the March 4 trade.

“He’s been a big help,” Columbus coach Ken Hitchc0ck said. “He’s just part of the team now.”

Last edited by davetherave on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

191All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

3 goals and 3 assists for The Verminator so far as a Jacket...heck, he might even hit 20 goals at this new pace...

From the AP game recap:
“I got to say since I got here, the guys have made it easy on me. Everyone is working hard and working the same way,” Vermette said. “I couldn’t ask for anything for better than that. Guys are playing pretty well with good structure.

“I’ve been lucky enough to never miss one playoff. Having a chance to join this group of guys and make a pretty good push, I’m pretty happy about it.”
Vermette has three goals and three assists since the March 4 trade.

“He’s been a big help,” Columbus coach Ken Hitchc0ck said. “He’s just part of the team now.”

well let's hope the success keeps up, Hitch apparently loves the guy, hoping for a cup ring for you Vermie is a bit optomistic, but you know, anything can happen, Mason is definitely on a tear and all it takes to win is a hot goalie.

192All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:13 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote: well let's hope the success keeps up, Hitch apparently loves the guy, hoping for a cup ring for you Vermie is a bit optomistic, but you know, anything can happen, Mason is definitely on a tear and all it takes to win is a hot goalie.

60-1 Vegas odds on the Jackets...a very nice payout...and the Jackets have beat the Wings, Sharks, and Flames so far...if the playoffs started today, Columbus and Calgary would face off. The season series has been even so far with a win each and a shootout win by the Flames. What a series that would be.

Vermette adds a key element to a team that is already excellent on faceoffs and PK with the experienced Mike Peca. Their supporting cast of forwards like Raffi Torres, RJ Umberger, Kristian Huselius, Jakub Voracek...very strong.

Ottawa native Mark Methot on D BTW.

And what is there left to say about Rick Nash and Steve Mason...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/matchups?season=2009

193All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:17 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote: well let's hope the success keeps up, Hitch apparently loves the guy, hoping for a cup ring for you Vermie is a bit optomistic, but you know, anything can happen, Mason is definitely on a tear and all it takes to win is a hot goalie.

60-1 Vegas odds on the Jackets...a very nice payout...and the Jackets have beat the Wings, Sharks, and Flames so far...if the playoffs started today, Columbus and Calgary would face off. The season series has been even so far with a win each and a shootout win by the Flames. What a series that would be.

Vermette adds a key element to a team that is already excellent on faceoffs and PK with the experienced Mike Peca. Their supporting cast of forwards like Raffi Torres, RJ Umberger, Kristian Huselius, Jakub Voracek...very strong.

Ottawa native Mark Methot on D BTW.

And what is there left to say about Rick Nash and Steve Mason...

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/matchups?season=2009
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/matchups?season=2009[/quote[/url]]

very intriguing, wow, Columbus really could be the team that surprises coming out of the west, don't think if I was any team I would look forward to them first round, especially if I was Calgary, yes Jokinen gave them extra firepower, but Columbus already had it and I would give them the edge in net, Kipper looks off sometimes. The edge on D would go to the Flames, but well, they play the games for a reason and Columbus could take them out.

194All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:26 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote: very intriguing, wow, Columbus really could be the team that surprises coming out of the west, don't think if I was any team I would look forward to them first round, especially if I was Calgary, yes Jokinen gave them extra firepower, but Columbus already had it and I would give them the edge in net, Kipper looks off sometimes. The edge on D would go to the Flames, but well, they play the games for a reason and Columbus could take them out.

The Jackets definitely have a shot...and remember you have Hitch Vs Iron Mike.

Columbus can shut you down...AND they can score...and they aren't shy about mixing it up either.

What a story that would be if the Jackets go deep.

195All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:29 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote: very intriguing, wow, Columbus really could be the team that surprises coming out of the west, don't think if I was any team I would look forward to them first round, especially if I was Calgary, yes Jokinen gave them extra firepower, but Columbus already had it and I would give them the edge in net, Kipper looks off sometimes. The edge on D would go to the Flames, but well, they play the games for a reason and Columbus could take them out.

The Jackets definitely have a shot...and remember you have Hitch Vs Iron Mike.

Columbus can shut you down...AND they can score...and they aren't shy about mixing it up either.

What a story that would be if the Jackets go deep.

It's definitely possible, Hitch is a winning coach, no one can deny that one, and a lot of times, he can win with nothing, he has talent in Columbus, oodles of it.

196All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:46 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Huge games today, many of them possibly going to alter the playoff picture...

Rangers @ Flyers...gigantic for New York...and the Flyers aren't home free just yet.

Red Wings @ Blues...Blues are just 2 points out of a playoff spot. They always play the Wings hard.

Sens @ Pens...mission critical for the Pingu Posse. They are sizzlin'.

Thrashers @ Sabres...must win for the Buff Bunch.

Devils @ Habs...Le Grand Brodeur seeks to dethrone Patrick Roy while Gainey's gang can't afford to drop this one.

Canes @ Caps...the Canes have whipped up a mighty wind and they need to blow out Ovie N Da Krew.

Bolts @ Panthers...the Cats must roar for DeBoer or their playoff hopes may get zapped by the Lightning.

Kings @ Sharks...either LA turns it up or they can book their tee times now.

Preds @ Yotes...the Desert Dogs are almost done to a crisp, but the fellers from Nashville have to play a winnin' tune if they wanna doe-see-doe in the dance for Stanley.

Isles-Bruins and Leafs-Flames...well, at least two of them are playing for pride...

Lots of great hockey on tap....

Last edited by davetherave on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

197All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Huge games today, many of them possibly going to alter the playoff picture...

Rangers @ Flyers...gigantic for New York...and the Flyers aren't home free just yet.

Red Wings @ Blues...Blues are just 2 points out of a playoff spot. They always play the Wings hard.

Sens @ Pens...mission critical for the Pingu Posse. They are sizzlin'.

Thrashers @ Sabres...must win for the Buff Bunch.

Devils @ Habs...Le Grand Brodeur seeks to dethrone Patrick Roy while Gainey's gang can't afford to drop this one.

Canes @ Caps...the Canes have whipped up a mighty wind and they need to blow out Ovie N Da Krew.

Bolts @ Panthers...the Cats must roar for DeBoer or their playoff hopes may get zapped by the Lightning.

Kings @ Sharks...either LA turns it up or they can book their tee times now.

Preds @ Yotes...the Desert Dogs are almost done to a crisp, but the fellers from Nashville have to play a winnin' tune if they wanna doe-see-doe in the dance for Stanley.

Isles-Bruins and Leafs-Flames...well, at least two of them are playing for pride...

Lots of great hockey on tap....

wow DTR, are you sure you are not a commentator somewhere, some of your descriptions there were pretty poetic, today is a good day to have the centre ice package if you want to keep tabs on all games and the playoff implications.

198All Hockey talk all the time - Page 13 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

as Elvis would say..."thank you...thank you very much...uhhuh"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum