GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 41]

91All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:58 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Dare I say the Habs "survived"? I watched the game entirely, the 1st period could have been something like 5-0. At least Carey Price has come back to normal. Dallas's 5 on 3s for 3 minutes has killed them. They couldn`t score, then the momentum shifted.

92All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:29 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Dare I say the Habs "survived"? I watched the game entirely, the 1st period could have been something like 5-0. At least Carey Price has come back to normal. Dallas's 5 on 3s for 3 minutes has killed them. They couldn`t score, then the momentum shifted.

yeah so Montreal woke up a bit and saved themselves 5th spot. they are still not out of the woods, and we all know just from watching them, they do not have the swagger of a team that will be unbeatable in the playoffs, the year of the media stories is definitely having it's toll on this team.

93All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:38 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Nick's younger brother, Marcus Foligno, is projected to be a second rounder.

"He's a different player than I am," said older brother Nick, who
scored two goals against the Sabres Saturday. "He's a big boy and he's
a lot more physical, he fights a little bit more. He's more of a
power-forward type in the sense that he can run over guys, whereas I
try and maybe go around them.

Marcus. Does that mean he'll go medieval on yo' a**?

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/09/8677066-sun.html

94All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Nick's younger brother, Marcus Foligno, is projected to be a second rounder.

"He's a different player than I am," said older brother Nick, who
scored two goals against the Sabres Saturday. "He's a big boy and he's
a lot more physical, he fights a little bit more. He's more of a
power-forward type in the sense that he can run over guys, whereas I
try and maybe go around them.

Marcus. Does that mean he'll go medieval on yo' a**?

[url=http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/09/8677066-sun.html
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/03/09/8677066-sun.html[/quote[/url]]

is he on your radar Murray? we need a mean SOB like this here, especially if Neil doesn't get signed.

95All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently he'll go 2nd round, so we might be interested, but then...he can't skate very well and he certainly doesn't score in the OHL. We'll see I guess...

96All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And Neil can skate and score?

97All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:39 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:And Neil can skate and score?

well if it counts that he stays on his feet while fighting, yeah, scoring, well, no so much.

98All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:13 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not opposed to taking him with one of our second rounders, but I'd much rather go for Tatar.

99All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow, Marcus Foligno huh? Big body- 6'2, 205 lbs, and he's only 18. Doesn't score much, but man it'd be sweet to have two foligno's on the team. Did you guys notice he rocks the same #71 on Sudbury?

100All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 pm

asq2 wrote:I'm not opposed to taking him with one of our second rounders, but I'd much rather go for Tatar.

Small Euro over hard nosed power forward with a father who played over a decade in the NHL and a brother in the NHL...

I'll take the beast with the good gene's.

101All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:36 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tatar's got the heart of a lion. And twice the skill and goal-scoring ability.

102All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:38 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hell, should we sign Fedor Fedorov? He's obviously got good genes too, since his brother's so dang good.

I'd sure take him over small Euro Karlsson.

103All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

asq2 wrote:Hell, should we sign Fedor Fedorov? He's obviously got good genes too, since his brother's so dang good.

I'd sure take him over small Euro Karlsson.

Karlsson is one thing, Tatar is another. Tatar wasnt that impressiv vs the better teams at the WJC and if I had a choice between Tatar and Foligno, I'm going with Foligno.

Fedor Federov's dad didnt play in the show, doesnt coach major junior, and is the typical soft Russian. With Foligno, even if the skill isnt there, there are other things that will make him effective.

104All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:44 pm

don't forget Brent Gretzky.

105All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:02 pm

You guys are talking about 2 of the greatest players of all time and their brothers vs the Foligno's who have made a career out grinding and playing hard on the 2nd and 3rd lines in the NHL, big difference.

The Foligno's grew up in the game, thats the life they know, there is a HUGE difference there when your parents play in the NHL vs having an extremely skilled brothers who basically is impossible to live up to.

If your looking for the safe pick, the guy that will be in Ottawa and knows the North American game, its Foligno. He has the knowledge to make it, the size, the intensity, and the intangibles.

Tatar is hit or miss and right now, we have enough skilled guys that dont do n e thing when they dont score.

If it's between Tatar and Foligno, Foligno in the case on the Sens. After the 1st round you build depth in your organization and Foligno is way more likely to play in the NHL than Tatar IMO because if he doesnt make it as a 2nd or 3rd line guy, he has enough hockey sense, size, and drive to make it as something else.

Tatar, you draft him to be a top line guy, thats it. Hit or miss, way more of a gamble.

106All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:07 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tatar is a top-2 line guy, Foligno is a bottom-2 line guy.

We have some decent depth. I'm not a huge fan of drafting role players. The Red Wings are as good as they are because they take chances on boom or bust prospects and then develop the hell out of 'em.

107All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:11 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Agreed.
If you take the chance on enough players, over enough years, the numbers shift in your favour, and you end up with more than six "top-six".

(clear as mud?)

108All Hockey talk all the time - Page 7 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 pm

asq2 wrote:Tatar is a top-2 line guy, Foligno is a bottom-2 line guy.

We have some decent depth. I'm not a huge fan of drafting role players. The Red Wings are as good as they are because they take chances on boom or bust prospects and then develop the hell out of 'em.

I'm telling you dide, Slovaks, Czechs, and Russians are extremely high risk. Swedes and Finns are way more liekly to turn into servicable NHLers if they cant be top line guys.

If Tater is that highly saught after he will go in the first round.

The Sens are going to get a top tallent in this draft no matter what and we have 2 second round picks, right now the team is still trying to add to organizational depth. Foligno is def a 3rd line kind of guy but at the end of the day that guy might be playing for the Sens no matter what, very unlikely he will be a bust. Go with the safe pick early and gamble a little later with your 4th and 5ths like they did with Petersson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum