GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 41]

151All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:43 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:After last night, seven teams separated by four points, with two tied for 71 and three tied for 70, are competing for the last two playoff spots in the West.

In the East, positions five through nine are separated by three points, with six and seven tied at 70.

That is a lot of desperate teams, and more one goal games to come.

Both the Canes-Hawks and Ducks-Nucks went to OT last night in well-played, thrilling contests.

Actually 6 and 7 in the east are tied at 78 not 70 and in fact the 10th place team in the East could make the West playoffs based solely on points.

152All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Actually 6 and 7 in the east are tied at 78 not 70 and in fact the 10th place team in the East could make the West playoffs based solely on points.[/quote]

wow that is definitely a switch, the last few seasons, it has been the exact opposite, the east has been the weak conference.

153All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:After last night, seven teams separated by four points, with two tied for 71 and three tied for 70, are competing for the last two playoff spots in the West.

In the East, positions five through nine are separated by three points, with six and seven tied at 70.

That is a lot of desperate teams, and more one goal games to come.

Both the Canes-Hawks and Ducks-Nucks went to OT last night in well-played, thrilling contests.

Actually 6 and 7 in the east are tied at 78 not 70 and in fact the 10th place team in the East could make the West playoffs based solely on points.

Correct LOL...I blame the typo on the brain cramp I got from trying to sort out those two logjams.
Ahhhhh!

154All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:46 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
Cronie wrote:o.k I was wrong! THAT'S the payout you want!!! LOL

I wonder what Ottawa's odds would be if they catch fire and go 17-0? Wink

The Vegas line is updated every game...so you can check for yourself 8)

Just bookmark the link...

[url=http://www.belmont.com/live-lines/hockey/nhl-stanley-cup-lines/
http://www.belmont.com/live-lines/hockey/nhl-stanley-cup-lines/[/quote[/url]]

wow Atlanta at 5000-1, sheesh, that has to be harsh.

155All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Can Atlanta still make the playoffs?

156All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:07 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:Can Atlanta still make the playoffs?

Only mathematically...the way the Vegas line works is that odds are set unless 'all bets are off'.

According to the Belmont Sports live Vegas odds betting site, all bets are 'off' for the Islanders.

http://www.belmont.com/live-lines/hockey/nhl-stanley-cup-lines/

157All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vermie plays 22 min, 1 goal and 1 assist.
:^^:

158All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Can Atlanta still make the playoffs?

Only mathematically...the way the Vegas line works is that odds are set unless 'all bets are off'.

According to the Belmont Sports live Vegas odds betting site, all bets are 'off' for the Islanders.

[url=http://www.belmont.com/live-lines/hockey/nhl-stanley-cup-lines/
http://www.belmont.com/live-lines/hockey/nhl-stanley-cup-lines/[/quote[/url]]

Not that I ever make bets, but very interesting nonetheless.

Thanks!

159All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Thursday night wrap-up:

Wild one between the Flames and Wings. Wings were out-shooting the Flames by a substantial margin (25-2 in the first period) but Jokinen led the Flames with 2 goals and scored in the shoot-out to help the Flames win 6-5.

Also, Ovechkin picked up his 48th goal in the Caps' 2-1 win.

Wade Redden was +1 in the Rangers win as Lundqvist reached 30 wins for the fourth straight season (ie every season in his career).

Bob Gainey's impact is immediately felt, as the Canadiens were able to bring the powerhouse Islanders to over-time before losing. Okposo with the OT winner.

Vermette's impact has been mentioned, methinks. Malkin now has 97 points on the season but missed in the shoot-out as the Pens fell to C-bus. Kunitz had an assist in the loss.

Elias continues his quietly awesome season with a goal and an assist giving him 71 points on the year, and Brodeur moves to win 550, one away from tying Roy's record, as NJ pumps Phoenix. Parise had his 40th in the win.

Lalime's stellar performance keeps Buffalo in the playoff hunt. Michal Repik scores what I think is only his 2nd career NHL goal in the loss.

160All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:45 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Thursday night wrap-up:

Wild one between the Flames and Wings. Wings were out-shooting the Flames by a substantial margin (25-2 in the first period) but Jokinen led the Flames with 2 goals and scored in the shoot-out to help the Flames win 6-5.

Also, Ovechkin picked up his 48th goal in the Caps' 2-1 win.

Wade Redden was +1 in the Rangers win as Lundqvist reached 30 wins for the fourth straight season (ie every season in his career).

Bob Gainey's impact is immediately felt, as the Canadiens were able to bring the powerhouse Islanders to over-time before losing. Okposo with the OT winner.

Vermette's impact has been mentioned, methinks. Malkin now has 97 points on the season but missed in the shoot-out as the Pens fell to C-bus. Kunitz had an assist in the loss.

Elias continues his quietly awesome season with a goal and an assist giving him 71 points on the year, and Brodeur moves to win 550, one away from tying Roy's record, as NJ pumps Phoenix. Parise had his 40th in the win.

Lalime's stellar performance keeps Buffalo in the playoff hunt. Michal Repik scores what I think is only his 2nd career NHL goal in the loss.

:^^^:

161All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:54 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Code:
[b]Bob Gainey's impact is immediately felt, as the Canadiens were able to bring the powerhouse Islanders to over-time before losing. Okposo with the OT winner.[/b]

this the best part of anything I read over the past week lol, anyway we can distribute this to all montreal fans? lol.

162All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
Code:
[b]Bob Gainey's impact is immediately felt, as the Canadiens were able to bring the powerhouse Islanders to over-time before losing. Okposo with the OT winner.[/b]

this the best part of anything I read over the past week lol, anyway we can distribute this to all montreal fans? lol.

The powerhouse Islanders are 4-1-1 in March BTW. Canadiens castoffs on this team include Mark Streit, Bruno Gervais and Yann Danis.

Montreal fans were booing the Habs at the end of the game last night.

Gainey won't be able to do much more than he is doing right now. If Montreal misses the playoffs, the powder keg will explode...the fuse is getting shorter.

163All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Can't wait Smile

164All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Poetic justice would be the Habs having to wait for a final game of the season to determine if they make it or not... totally out of their control... and having an ex-Habs score the game winner that resulted in them not making the playoffs.

I would light a big fat cigar, pour myself a nice Single Malt and grin from ear to ear as I puffed on the Cuban.

165All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:41 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
Code:

The powerhouse Islanders are 4-1-1 in March BTW. Canadiens castoffs on this team include Mark Streit, Bruno Gervais and Yann Danis.

Montreal fans were booing the Habs at the end of the game last night.

Gainey won't be able to do much more than he is doing right now. If Montreal misses the playoffs, the powder keg will explode...the fuse is getting shorter.

I will be right there to piss on the ashes when it explodes, that might be one thing that us Sens fans can agree with Leaf fans on, we will be tapping the keg together when Montreal implodes.

166All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Poetic justice would be the Habs having to wait for a final game of the season to determine if they make it or not... totally out of their control... and having an ex-Habs score the game winner that resulted in them not making the playoffs.

I would light a big fat cigar, pour myself a nice Single Malt and grin from ear to ear as I puffed on the Cuban.

After the Sens game on April 6, the Canadiens finish the season against Conference rivals Boston, Rangers (on the road) and Penguins (at home). That playoff spot may very well be on the line.

So one imagines you will be cheering for Johnny Torts, and Sid, Geno and the Pingu Posse.
8)

Single malt, eh...

167All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
shabbs wrote:Poetic justice would be the Habs having to wait for a final game of the season to determine if they make it or not... totally out of their control... and having an ex-Habs score the game winner that resulted in them not making the playoffs.

After the Sens game on April 6, the Canadiens finish the season against Conference rivals Boston, Rangers (on the road) and Penguins (at home). That playoff spot may very well be on the line.

So one imagines you will be cheering for Johnny Torts, and Sid, Geno and the Pingu Posse.
8)

Single malt, eh...

any ex habs on the Penguins? I am sure we can find a connection there somewhere, we will make one if they have to.

Edit...the only connection I found that is Garon used to play for Montreal, so unless Pitts starts that guy and he plays lights out, doubt we will have any ex-Hab connection taking them down.

168All Hockey talk all the time - Page 11 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:

8)

Single malt, eh...
HA! Well, if it does happen, I'll be sippin' on some Cardhu and puffin' on a Cuban.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum