GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Luongo Leaving Vancouver?

+7
PTFlea
Mojo
wprager
SeawaySensFan
SensGirl11
shabbs
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:25 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I can't ever imagine Volchenkov leaving. I love him way too much, I couldn't trade him. He's a warrior through and through, he always wants to win and he never gives up no matter how hurt he is. You don't find players like that every day. He is off the trading table. Off I say!!

When I mentioned that we could potentially trade Volchenkov for Hedman and unite Hedman with Karlsson you seemed okay with the idea. No?

You know what, I have a hard time trading a proven defenseman for a defenseman that is extremely highly regarded in the Sweedish Elite League. Yes, I know how huge Hedman is and how supposedly awesome he is, which by the way, I didn't see in the WJC. Yes, ok they were saying he was hurt and yada yada yada, but, Volchenkov in that situation (clearly Hedman wasn't hurt enough to not play at all) would've worked through it and been awesome regardless of his injury. He's done it many times with us.

After seeing some busts in the draft (OK, maybe not recently because scouting is much better than it used to be) but, it still could happen. I would have a hard time with it.

Make sense?

62Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:26 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:Great discussion... Smile

You want Jason Spezza for the Hawks....hmmm? It won't cost you much, one player.

Can you guess in one shot (hint: I have a man-crush on him).

I know I know!!!

Unless you have a man-crush on someone else I don't know about.

Is it....Sharp?

63Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

You want Jason Spezza for the Hawks....hmmm? It won't cost you much, one player.

Actually Murray could have gotten Khabibulin for him last September. There was serious dialogue in Chicago about that.

64Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I know I know!!!

Unless you have a man-crush on someone else I don't know about.

Is it....Sharp?

:^^^^: There's a reason I didn't ask you. 🇬🇬

65Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
You know what, I have a hard time trading a proven defenseman for a defenseman that is extremely highly regarded in the Sweedish Elite League. Yes, I know how huge Hedman is and how supposedly awesome he is, which by the way, I didn't see in the WJC. Yes, ok they were saying he was hurt and yada yada yada, but, Volchenkov in that situation (clearly Hedman wasn't hurt enough to not play at all) would've worked through it and been awesome regardless of his injury. He's done it many times with us.

After seeing some busts in the draft (OK, maybe not recently because scouting is much better than it used to be) but, it still could happen. I would have a hard time with it.

Make sense?

It makes perfect sense. Just depends on what your scouts are telling you though. If Dorion and Forsberg are saying you have to get this guy, then you do your best without adding Volchenkov. But as dumb as I think TB is, I think they'd ask for Volchenkov right off the hop.

Then it comes down to risk/reward and taking a gamble. But yeah, I love A-Train, so it'd be tough.

66Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sarcasm That's what I should've done. I thought of that right after I posted it.

At the same time though, I was thinking that it would be a completely unfair trade for us. So I thought maybe it would be someone else I didn't know about.

67Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Actually Murray could have gotten Khabibulin for him last September. There was serious dialogue in Chicago about that.

Without a contract extension done, that is a terrible deal for the Sens IMHO.

68Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Sarcasm That's what I should've done. I thought of that right after I posted it.

At the same time though, I was thinking that it would be a completely unfair trade for us. So I thought maybe it would be someone else I didn't know about.

Nah, Sharp is the kind of guy that would go with Alfie perfectly. The new wave in Ottawa, 2-way players who have the knack of scoring clutch goals. Work ethic high, etc. This way you could spare beating Heatley into waiving his NMC, he'd work with those guys.

69Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Make sense?

It makes perfect sense. Just depends on what your scouts are telling you though. If Dorion and Forsberg are saying you have to get this guy, then you do your best without adding Volchenkov. But as dumb as I think TB is, I think they'd ask for Volchenkov right off the hop.

Then it comes down to risk/reward and taking a gamble. But yeah, I love A-Train, so it'd be tough.

Agreed. I'm pretty positive Murray would make sure to be absolutely certain that he will work out before trading him.

Besides Alfie, Volchenkov is the only other untouchable on our team.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy for doubting Hedman, I like to see these guys in NHL action before I assess their effectiveness.

70Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Agreed. I'm pretty positive Murray would make sure to be absolutely certain that he will work out before trading him.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy for doubting Hedman, I like to see these guys in NHL action before I assess their effectiveness.

Believe me, there are major doubts around the league right now. I'm 100% positive that scouts are saying take Duchene in the 2nd spot, Hedman's a risk. He'll probably end up being Bouwmeester-esqe, but there's always a chance that he'll end up being beaten up by the bigger forwards in the NHL.

I didn't realize until recently that he won't put up more than 50ish points in the NHL (or so most publications say). I thought he'd be a 75 point D-man and a monster in his own zone.

One scout summed it up: Hedman's Chris Pronger without the nasty streak.

Which is either good or bad. I say not great personally. But he's a Diddle of a lot faster than Pronger.

71Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:50 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Make sense?

Agreed. I'm pretty positive Murray would make sure to be absolutely certain that he will work out before trading him.

I dont think you're crazy at all for doubting Hedman, he is not my favorite prospect and I think the hype about him is over blown. I dont think the kid has the hockey mind to be as good as people think he can be.

We have the best Dman to come out of Sweden in sometime, Karlsson will be a better player.

72Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who thinks Luongo will start the season without a new contract next year? I don't. They'll need to get something done this summer. Either new extension or tade him. They can't start the season without that issue dealt with.

73Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Who thinks Luongo will start the season without a new contract next year? I don't. They'll need to get something done this summer. Either new extension or tade him. They can't start the season without that issue dealt with.

What's the rule regarding re-negotiating contracts? I thought the Canucks could only re-negotiate as of January 1st of next year.

74Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 3:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:Who thinks Luongo will start the season without a new contract next year? I don't. They'll need to get something done this summer. Either new extension or tade him. They can't start the season without that issue dealt with.

What's the rule regarding re-negotiating contracts? I thought the Canucks could only re-negotiate as of January 1st of next year.
After July 1st they can negotiate a contract extension.

75Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 pm

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Without a contract extension done, that is a terrible deal for the Sens IMHO.

Even with an extension, its not even close to being fair.

76Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not so much, yeah. Although Bulin's been stellar this year - and might potentially have a few years left.

77Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 4:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:What's the rule regarding re-negotiating contracts? I thought the Canucks could only re-negotiate as of January 1st of next year.
After July 1st they can negotiate a contract extension.[/quote]

Oh, in that case, there will be an agreement in place if he's staying. Otherwise, he could be this summer's J-Bo. :*:

78Luongo Leaving Vancouver? - Page 5 Empty Re: Luongo Leaving Vancouver? Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't want Luongo in Ottawa and I think Vancouver has a lot of work to do, cause I think they've screwed themselves over.

I think they could move Luongo easily and get a nice return for him, if they feel he is not the answer. They have a very capable young goalie with a lot of potential in Schneider, who is only going to go to waste down in Manitoba being #2/3 to Luongo. They either have to give him a chance or move him before it's too late (see Schremp in Edmonton).

Also, the Sedins are not my answer. I would have moved them if the chance was there.

Cody Hodgson should be their #1 center.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum