GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday

+9
smash88
jamvan
Sens4thecup
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
PKC
mattshock
PTFlea
dennycrane
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:15 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

From Sunday's Citizen and Sun, Nikulin will go home if he is not dealt. This will allow the Sens to suspend him Monday, but Nikulin will likely sign in the KHL.

Nikulin has his own blog. I used a translation site to roughly translate his blog. Here it is (http://www.sports.ru/blog/nikulin/5859168.html):

I shall tell at once if I shall go to Russia I shall act only for TsSKA. When I can join a command yet I do not know. Perhaps, week through two, but I do not exclude, that should pass more time.
One is already clear - I shall not play for "Ottawa". Here much for this time has occured. Us with Ilya Zubovym have sent in фарм-club, thus all over again have told, that are dissatisfied with results of my tests. It was strange enough to hear it, in fact I results in comparison with the last year have improved all. And then, tests are one, and game - is absolutely another. To me have not given chance to play in exhibition matches. Here to Ilya Zubovu of a distance. Have put in the fourth part with тафгаями - go, prove. I do not know, that it is better, can be and my variant when you do not leave at all on an ice. And really in all tests are guilty? But in fact in the past to year I, having parameters am worse today's, have played for the first command. And then in фарм sent players at whom parameters it is better than mine. So not in tests business.
Already then it became known, that the trainer simply does not see me in the command. Does not see also all. It personally explained nothing to me, about it have told to my agent, but the official version such. It already is more similar to the truth, but is not clear, why to me all the same have not given even one chance, and at once have given up as a bad job.
" Long to wait for an exchange it is not ready. A maximum of week two "
In general, I have asked an exchange, and the general manager of "senators" Bryan Merrej too not against. But here not clear red tape has begun. In general, me should exchange last week, by Friday. Then have transferred the transaction on Monday. But also on Monday nothing became clear, I wait. Now the command has gone to the Europe where will open a season. I hope, all will be solved there. I while train with фарм-club. But to wait for an exchange long it is not ready, a maximum of week two. If "Ottawa" will not find variants - I leave for Moscow.

However, much still depends on where me will exchange. If, for example, will send to "Detroit" it is possible to buy at once tickets to Russia, chances will not play in this command at me. It would be desirable to get in not the strongest club to play. By the way, if me and in a new command will send in АХЛ I shall think too. I learn, whether for a long time it. A season in the lowest leagues to lose I do not gather.
Certainly, I hope, that all will be solved ideally for me. I shall not speak, where I wish to get. Something superstitious became recently. In general, I wait, but it is already clear, that in Ottawa I spend last days.

Even though this is a very rough translation, it is clear that this guy is dead weight and no one will touch him with a ten-foot pole.

Bon yoyage, клоун.

2Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

До свидания дерьмо для умственных способностей!

3Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:15 am

Nice find. Here's a slightly more coherent translation:

I will say right away that if I’m going back to Russia, it’s only to play for the CSKA. When I’d be able to join the team I don’t know. Maybe in about two weeks, but perhaps more time needs to pass.

One thing is clear: I will not be playing for Ottawa. A lot of stuff’s happened during this time. Ilja Zubov and I were sent down to the farm, prior to which I was told they were unsatisfied with the results of my tests. That was rather strange to hear, because I improved all my results from last year. And anyway, tests are one thing; playing the game is another. They didn’t give me a chance to play in the exhibition games. But did give that chance to Ilja Zubov. Put him on the fourth line with the tough guys—try and prove yourself there. I don’t even know what’s better; maybe, like in my case, to never take to the ice at all. And could the tests really matter that much? Especially given the fact I played on the big team last season, having worse conditioning status than I do now. Plus, players with better results were sent down. So it’s not just the tests.

Only afterwards did it become known that the coach just doesn’t see me on his team. Just doesn’t see me there, and that’s it. He didn’t explain anything to me personally, my agent was told of this, but that’s the official version. That seems a lot more like the truth, but I still don’t understand why I couldn’t have been given just one chance, why I was simply crossed out.

So, I’ve asked for a trade, and the General Manager of the Senators Bryan Murray has agreed. But for some strange reason it’s been really dragging. Because I was supposed to have been traded last week by Friday. Then they moved the deal to Monday. But then on Monday nothing was clear again, so I wait. Now the team has left for Europe where they’ll start the season. I’m hoping everything will be settled there. For now I’m training with the farm team. But I’m not prepared to wait a long time for a deal, two weeks at most. If Ottawa can’t find a deal, I’m heading to Moscow.

But then again, a lot depends on where I’d be traded. For instance, if it’s Detroit, then I can buy a ticket to Russia right away. I won’t have a chance to play for that team. I would like to get on an average team, so I can play. By the way, should the new team also send me down to the AHL, I’ll again have to think. I will find out for how long this would be. I’m not going to waste a season in the minors.

Obviously, I’m hoping everything works out in the best way. I won’t say where I would like to end up. I’ve become a bit superstitious lately. At any rate, I’m waiting now, but it’s apparent now that I’m spending my last days in Ottawa.

4Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:08 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Whats that? The sound of his trade value dropping like a stone!? I thought so...

5Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Who gives a Dung about this kid...cry me a Diddle river asshat...if he was semi-decent enough to make the team he would have gotten a look. What a turd basket.

6Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:38 am

Ummm... oh well???

7Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:23 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

He wrote that at then end of September, the Sens hadn't even left for Sweden yet. And yet he's still around and playing for Bingo. Maybe he's changed his mind, maybe not, but we should trade him for future considerations to any team of his choice, and just be done with this situation.

I kind of feel for the kid, after all he didn't even get to play a single preseason game, but he seems to be done with us, so we should just grant him his wish. I'm sure phoenix would take him, maybe they'll give us jared staal in return... nope

8Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:He wrote that at then end of September, the Sens hadn't even left for Sweden yet. And yet he's still around and playing for Bingo. Maybe he's changed his mind, maybe not, but we should trade him for future considerations to any team of his choice, and just be done with this situation.

I kind of feel for the kid, after all he didn't even get to play a single preseason game, but he seems to be done with us, so we should just grant him his wish. I'm sure phoenix would take him, maybe they'll give us jared staal in return... nope
Jared Stall is nothing special. I've seen him play in person a bunch of times, and he's not that great.

9Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Tukker wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:He wrote that at then end of September, the Sens hadn't even left for Sweden yet. And yet he's still around and playing for Bingo. Maybe he's changed his mind, maybe not, but we should trade him for future considerations to any team of his choice, and just be done with this situation.

Jared Stall is nothing special. I've seen him play in person a bunch of times, and he's not that great.

I'd take Staal. He'll have an understanding of what it takes to get to the NHL and he has time on his side. Really its better than having Nikulin head back to Russia.

10Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:05 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

A bag of pucks has more value than Nikulin at this moment.

11Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Who gives a Dung about this kid...cry me a Diddle river asshat...if he was semi-decent enough to make the team he would have gotten a look. What a turd basket.

Sorry Nikulin, but I couldn`t agree with this more.

12Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Hey maybe we can trade him for a PMD? Razz

13Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:Hey maybe we can trade him for a PMD? Razz
a cardboard cut-out of a PMD would be asking too much

14Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I still think that Murray should be making a pitch for Shanahan. We need a minor shake up.

15Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:I still think that Murray should be making a pitch for Shanahan. We need a minor shake up.

Why, they seem to be playing better every game. Shanahan will just tie up the salary cap and might be the difference in Murray making a run at the D man he wants.

We are fine up front because we might have found a solid goalie in Auld who can hold it down in the back end and in doing so the Sens dont look so desperate to make a move. Once Phillips looks like he cares again, everything will be OK on the blue line. Picard has picked up his play in a large way, Kuba is is looking fine, Smith is doing his job, same with A train, Schubert is finally showing signs he can play on the back end in the NHL.

All you want out of this team right now is progress and thats what we are getting. On top of all that, I would take what Cody Bass brings over Shanahan at this point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum