GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday

+9
smash88
jamvan
Sens4thecup
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
PKC
mattshock
PTFlea
dennycrane
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:Hey maybe we can trade him for a PMD? Razz
a cardboard cut-out of a PMD would be asking too much

17Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I still think that Murray should be making a pitch for Shanahan. We need a minor shake up.

18Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Sens4thecup wrote:I still think that Murray should be making a pitch for Shanahan. We need a minor shake up.

Why, they seem to be playing better every game. Shanahan will just tie up the salary cap and might be the difference in Murray making a run at the D man he wants.

We are fine up front because we might have found a solid goalie in Auld who can hold it down in the back end and in doing so the Sens dont look so desperate to make a move. Once Phillips looks like he cares again, everything will be OK on the blue line. Picard has picked up his play in a large way, Kuba is is looking fine, Smith is doing his job, same with A train, Schubert is finally showing signs he can play on the back end in the NHL.

All you want out of this team right now is progress and thats what we are getting. On top of all that, I would take what Cody Bass brings over Shanahan at this point.

19Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:46 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The answers for this team have to come from within. If Gerber plays well in his game or two this week, then you may get two goalies playing well enough to win. I think that is all you can ask for out of a Gerber/Auld combo. I predict both of these goalies will have hot and cold streaks through the year.

When Fisher and Vermette get going, this team could be top 4 in the east (and one good game does not mean Vermette is going).

20Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Well said. I agree about the goaltending. Gerber has been struggling, but as we've seen, he can get really hot.

Fisher and Vermette badly need to get going. Particularly Fisher, who is grossly overpaid for what's being brought thus far.

21Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:The answers for this team have to come from within. If Gerber plays well in his game or two this week, then you may get two goalies playing well enough to win. I think that is all you can ask for out of a Gerber/Auld combo. I predict both of these goalies will have hot and cold streaks through the year.

When Fisher and Vermette get going, this team could be top 4 in the east (and one good game does not mean Vermette is going).

Aside from a possible puck mover, I agree 100 %.

22Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:04 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Whats that? The sound of his trade value dropping like a stone!? I thought so...
Dropping? It's zero. Goodbye Sukulin!!!

23Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:18 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

The part where he says, that he wants to go to an average team is classic! What general manager wants that... The guy is telling you already, he dosen't care whether he wins or loses... Theis guy will be constant problems, let him go...

24Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:19 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Nikulin for future considerations?

25Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:The part where he says, that he wants to go to an average team is classic! What general manager wants that... The guy is telling you already, he dosen't care whether he wins or loses... Theis guy will be constant problems, let him go...

This guy had the makings of a fan favourite.

He was the opposite of Kaigorodov. A Russian in our organization who wanted to put in the hard work in Bingo (or so he said).

Now we see these guys are looking to be all the same.

Stop drafting Russians!! Kaigorodov was a bust, now this guy, Mirnov isn't looking to be coming over any time soon, and neither does Bashkirov. For every Volchenkov you get 10 bums.

Hopefully Zubov pans out, he's having a great year (two goals the other night).

26Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:23 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Nikulin for future considerations?

By the looks of it, no one wants to touch this guy at all...

27Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:39 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I want to know where this kid's agent is during all of this.

The agent must know making these comments is a surefire way to end up back in Russia for all time.

Shouldn't he sit Nik down and have the conversation he doesn't want to hear? Take a look at the Sens roster, we need secondary scoring. We are one injury away from calling up a Zubov, Smith, or Nikulin, not to mention next year.

The guy has to be driven to make the NHL, as does anyone else in the league.

Hopefully the guy realizes this someday, buckles down, and makes an NHL team (Phoenix anyone?).

Until then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

28Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:41 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I want to know where this kid's agent is during all of this.

The agent must know making these comments is a surefire way to end up back in Russia for all time.

Shouldn't he sit Nik down and have the conversation he doesn't want to hear? Take a look at the Sens roster, we need secondary scoring. We are one injury away from calling up a Zubov, Smith, or Nikulin, not to mention next year.

The guy has to be driven to make the NHL, as does anyone else in the league.

Hopefully the guy realizes this someday, buckles down, and makes an NHL team (Phoenix anyone?).

Until then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yeah usually agents are on top of this stuff... That's some mega money that agent will be losing out on by not having him play in the NHL...

29Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

JP Barry?

Isn't that Sundin's agent and Alfie's? I don't follow the agents too closely, but maybe he's just been too busy for this kid.

30Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:JP Barry?

Isn't that Sundin's agent and Alfie's? I don't follow the agents too closely, but maybe he's just been too busy for this kid.

ah yeah, if it's him then yeah.. He probably just dosen't care, already makes enough money and has bigger fish to worry about!

31Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 am

mattshock wrote:JP Barry?

Yep, I'm surprised he had time to negotiate on Alfie's behalf. I didn't think he'd have time to squeeze it in, what with all the deflecting questions about Mats.

32Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 am

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:The part where he says, that he wants to go to an average team is classic! What general manager wants that... The guy is telling you already, he dosen't care whether he wins or loses... Theis guy will be constant problems, let him go...

This guy had the makings of a fan favourite.

He was the opposite of Kaigorodov. A Russian in our organization who wanted to put in the hard work in Bingo (or so he said).

Now we see these guys are looking to be all the same.

Stop drafting Russians!! Kaigorodov was a bust, now this guy, Mirnov isn't looking to be coming over any time soon, and neither does Bashkirov. For every Volchenkov you get 10 bums.

Hopefully Zubov pans out, he's having a great year (two goals the other night).

Unfortunately, teams won't stop drafting Russians. They may fall in the draft, but when you get to the later rounds and it comes down to a kid from North America who is a long shot at best to ever crack the NHL, these kids from Russia with more skill will get taken. Teams ought to really scout and interview these kids more, especially the ones that are as skilled as a Filatov etc.

33Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The mind boggling part is that he writes that in a blog for all to see. IF we're able to get a copy of it, don't you think that Murray has read his crap and his whining? If he really wants to write this crap down he should do it in a journal or whatever, just don't put the damn thing online. That to me means I don't want the whinny little baby.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum