GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday

+9
smash88
jamvan
Sens4thecup
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
PKC
mattshock
PTFlea
dennycrane
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 am

mattshock wrote:JP Barry?

Isn't that Sundin's agent and Alfie's? I don't follow the agents too closely, but maybe he's just been too busy for this kid.

Yep, I'm surprised he had time to negotiate on Alfie's behalf. I didn't think he'd have time to squeeze it in, what with all the deflecting questions about Mats.

32Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:48 am

mattshock wrote:
smash88 wrote:The part where he says, that he wants to go to an average team is classic! What general manager wants that... The guy is telling you already, he dosen't care whether he wins or loses... Theis guy will be constant problems, let him go...

This guy had the makings of a fan favourite.

He was the opposite of Kaigorodov. A Russian in our organization who wanted to put in the hard work in Bingo (or so he said).

Now we see these guys are looking to be all the same.

Stop drafting Russians!! Kaigorodov was a bust, now this guy, Mirnov isn't looking to be coming over any time soon, and neither does Bashkirov. For every Volchenkov you get 10 bums.

Hopefully Zubov pans out, he's having a great year (two goals the other night).

Unfortunately, teams won't stop drafting Russians. They may fall in the draft, but when you get to the later rounds and it comes down to a kid from North America who is a long shot at best to ever crack the NHL, these kids from Russia with more skill will get taken. Teams ought to really scout and interview these kids more, especially the ones that are as skilled as a Filatov etc.

33Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The mind boggling part is that he writes that in a blog for all to see. IF we're able to get a copy of it, don't you think that Murray has read his crap and his whining? If he really wants to write this crap down he should do it in a journal or whatever, just don't put the damn thing online. That to me means I don't want the whinny little baby.

34Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I can second that.

Apparently he's trying to get Zubov to come with him. I read that in his blog a while back.

35Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

my god, I have NO time for whiners and snotty-nosed little brats!
And I agree 100%, write your rants in a diary or journal, do NOT broadcast them over the internet because it hurts YOU, no one else.

What a little punk...

36Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:00 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I want to know where this kid's agent is during all of this.

The agent must know making these comments is a surefire way to end up back in Russia for all time.

Shouldn't he sit Nik down and have the conversation he doesn't want to hear? Take a look at the Sens roster, we need secondary scoring. We are one injury away from calling up a Zubov, Smith, or Nikulin, not to mention next year.

Until then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

[Rant on]
I think that realistically, after he wasn't even dressed for a single game during camp, nothing was ever going to happen for this guy with the sens. He was toast from the get-go.

Now, what he should have done is privately ask for a trade (which he almost did) shut the frick up, go to Bingo and work his a$$ off. Help Murray build a case to trade him.

This guy is a goofball and he deserves whatever he's got coming.

[Rant off]

37Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
mattshock wrote:I want to know where this kid's agent is during all of this.

The agent must know making these comments is a surefire way to end up back in Russia for all time.

Shouldn't he sit Nik down and have the conversation he doesn't want to hear? Take a look at the Sens roster, we need secondary scoring. We are one injury away from calling up a Zubov, Smith, or Nikulin, not to mention next year.

Until then, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

[Rant on]
I think that realistically, after he wasn't even dressed for a single game during camp, nothing was ever going to happen for this guy with the sens. He was toast from the get-go.

Now, what he should have done is privately ask for a trade (which he almost did) shut the frick up, go to Bingo and work his a$$ off. Help Murray build a case to trade him.

This guy is a goofball and he deserves whatever he's got coming.

[Rant off]

Exactly.. You built your own coffin buddy...

38Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Who drafted this guy?

39Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Who drafted this guy?

Yeah I'm trying to find that now...

40Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:11 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Well he was drafted in 2004, so is that Muckler's last year here?

41Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:21 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Well I know Murray drafted Bashkirov. He was playing in NA his draft year, so I can't completely blame him for that.

I'm sure most organizations are carrying some dead weight like this.

42Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:Well I know Murray drafted Bashkirov. He was playing in NA his draft year, so I can't completely blame him for that.

I'm sure most organizations are carrying some dead weight like this.

oh for sure... Every draft year there are quite a few busts...

43Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

It's just frustrating. There was a lot of support for this guy through his blogs on the HF Boards, and he has absolutely thrown that away.

That said, the Ottawa Senators are (I hope) a team that demands strong work ethic and drive from each and every player affiliated with the organization. As a fan, I expect no less. He clearly has shown he has no place here.

44Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:It's just frustrating. There was a lot of support for this guy through his blogs on the HF Boards, and he has absolutely thrown that away.

That said, the Ottawa Senators are (I hope) a team that demands strong work ethic and drive from each and every player affiliated with the organization. As a fan, I expect no less. He clearly has shown he has no place here.

Exactly... Putting this guy on our team, would be a disservice to every guy who actually wants to be here and wants to win.. Who has worked his butt off to prove that he does belong on this team... You take a look at a guy like Cody Bass or even a Ilya Zubov, who could have taken their demotion's pretty bad, but deceided that it was probably better to suck it up and work their butt's off in the farm for the ultimate reward of having a LONG, RESPECTED and DESERVING NHL career, even if it isn't with the Ottawa Senators... This guy killed his chance with the other 29 teams as well as the Sens...

45Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

What kills me is he wasn't even a leading point producer in Bingo!!

Why does this little Dung think he should get a shot??

If he was in Bingo putting up a PPG and being top-3 on the team in scoring. If you project his PPGs forward, he's not even in the top 5 on the team.

PS, as I was checking the Bingo site for stats, I saw this:

"HALLOWEEN NIGHT - FREE "Yablonski H'ween" t-shirt (1st 1000)"

I want one. Badly.

46Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:What kills me is he wasn't even a leading point producer in Bingo!!

Why does this little Dung think he should get a shot??

If he was in Bingo putting up a PPG and being top-3 on the team in scoring. If you project his PPGs forward, he's not even in the top 5 on the team.

PS, as I was checking the Bingo site for stats, I saw this:

"HALLOWEEN NIGHT - FREE "Yablonski H'ween" t-shirt (1st 1000)"

I want one. Badly.

LOL... I wonder if we could get our hands on one of those...

47Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't get eBay at work.

48Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday - Page 3 Empty Re: Nikulin Leaving For Russia Monday Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, last I heard from one friend (I haven't confirmed it with another source as of yet) said Nikulin's bags are packed and he's heading out the door... I got the distinct impression he won't be missed by ANYONE!!

If I can confirm it, or someone beats me to it, stay posted!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum